PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Delta update proposal [vote!]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Delta update proposal [vote!] >

Trebor's Avatarhypermode-12.pngTrebor
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngsss.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

... When the two options are "keep the current system" and "change it", and the vote is basically tied, the correct course of action is "change it, let people experience the changed system, and then ask again if we should keep it or go back." That is what I plan to do unless the votes very suddenly swing towards one or the other. ...
Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope. I cannot begin to express nor list all sorts of examples showing how wrong this is. And it would be wrong even if this was a change being made in isolation, which it Definitely is not. If your arguments/reasons for change are not compelling enough to 'win over' a majority of the user base in support, and especially if it goes Against a base Site Rule that has been strongly enforced to date - the 'correct' course of action is to hold off, until you can provide compelling reasoning beyond 'Let's try it and see'. Anything else is you just imposing your will - which as owner and sole programmer, you have every right to do - but don't split/pit the userbase against itself to do so. [QUESTIONS] This post/Poll has been up for a little over 8 hrs. How much of the userbase has even seen it, let alone had time to process and decide which way they want to vote? Also out of curiosity, how far would it have to swing 'Against' for you Not to implement it? 1%? 2%? 5% or more? And how much in 'Favour' for you to consider not asking later on if we want to go back (implied)? [Suggestion] Implement the DP Market and let it run for a while (2-4, 3-6 months?). Debug, work out the kinks, and make adjustments during that time - basically let it settle in as an everyday accepted functioning part of the site - then revisit #5. If at that time you still feel #5 is an issue, poll the userbase then, or just implement it, as you see fit. Note: I HATE the idea of someone DPing a melan they legitimately acquired from me. The first time it happened I was shocked and devastated. But the Site Rules were clear on the issue, so I just had to accept it. And even still, or because of that, my vote is 'No' on this change.
Special dragon.png delta collector Team v-fire.png
Inferno Overdrive (Fire)
: 0 pts Current Shiny Hunt 2/261 animated sprite courtesy of blitzydragon (formerly Bryianna88)
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page