PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Delta update proposal [vote!]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Delta update proposal [vote!] >

Terabbit's Avatarhypermode-12.pngTerabbit
mod.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngb+.png
(Opinions addressed below are mine as a player, not as a staff member) I've mulled over the proposals in the main post and honestly, a majority of them are very interesting ways to solve the current issues onsite to make DP more tradeable outside trading a melan for DP. My bigger concern is how DP will be valued afterward because from what I can see (and that is not everything, I will stand to be corrected if I am wrong.) the change to normal deltas appears to not have influenced their pricing. By rights and the logic of the economy on-site, regular deltas should start going for a higher price, what shinies used to go for. From what I see they haven't. It concerns me for the future of DP prices, but if dp goes up in value I am hoping it stays the same however if DP values fall it will quite honestly ruin the melan market. If DP drops to 1zc:1dp sitewide it will make it incredibly hard to maintain HM and Uber as melans that once sold for 1600zc would start selling for 800zc, which doesn't cover the current cost of a month HM and an Uber where as 1600 zc can almost sustain a user for 2 months which is a more reasonable amount of time to hatch another melan to sell and repeat the f2p process. This isn't a dealbreaker per se just something I think would be worth observing as everything I said above was speculation. Now for proposal 5, Which is the only proposal I adamantly disagree with. Don't get me wrong, I get the logic behind the proposal, that if DP is tradeable it makes sense for the user who hatched the special gets to decide if they want to trade the special or trade said special for DP and then trade or use that DP. However, the reality is how people feel about their purchased specials as time progresses is very complex and could change anytime. I have personally purged my own fields of shinies, albinos, even melans I thought I'd keep for a long time for DP multiple times, if they weren't dpable what would be my option? If proposal 5 goes through it would be three options - Release them/wonder trade - Keep them - Resell them Option one is a nice thing some kind users do anyways, it's a nice action to release speiclas for the public in the shelter. But if someone paid for that special and they're suddenly locked out of gaining the benefits from the special sink that has been an option for years. If it goes through I'd personally be incredibly hesitant to buy specials from other users because I know my history of randomly deltaing specials on a whim, I am sure I'm not the only one. Now the reselling option makes me cringe a bit, it WILL happen if proposal 5 goes through. Reslling will happen a lot more than it usually does especially with melans. There is already a huge stigma onsite behind reselling, whether for profit or not, users do refuse to trade with other users who resell or are known to, I do not think that will go away either. It is incredibly easy to tell if a special you sold is resold or retraded if you keep its link somewhere accessible. I really don't have much else to say besides I really love the z-crystal proposals. I hope it increases type reace participation. Also more than one z-crystal a day is *chefs kiss*
credit
Background drawn by DestinySquared on twitter OCs belong to myself and axelbby based off Mass Effect F2U code by Gumshoe Icon by me
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page