PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Delta update proposal [vote!]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Delta update proposal [vote!] >

Mikkü's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMikkü
hypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png

QUOTE originally posted by Clairefairy

For option #5 I am against how it is at its current stage. Would a time-lock be possible? Like it cannot be turned into delta points for 24 hours up to a week to prevent some cases of theft or specials that are lost to the shelter. It would give users time to react if they lost something or for a trade issue to be resolved. I feel that the ability to turn special pokemon into delta points is a huge selling point to users. And having that freedom to keep it or use it for delta points is important to a lot of people.
Personally I think this is a really great compromise, a time-lock introduced like this would help a lot especially with the first instance of dex-trade shops running into issues of people DP'ing pokemon. A lot has been said about the other points, so I do not think there's much more I can add onto that. But I really agree with a lot of what Trebor said and it seems like the best option would be to make some changes with #5 or see if there's anything that can be addressed to make the userbase a bit less split up on it. After all once you vote, you cannot change your vote. Users may have changed thoughts and opinions on the matter after reading other concerns in this thread considering that is the one being the most discussed here especially. If towards the end of the month the poll is still a pretty split decision, will you instead of implementing it consider making adjustments and run another poll on the topic? It just feels like that'd be overall better, because let's say you do run this as is and make it so tradeable pokemon can't be DP'd - you change it later because it wasn't working, well then what about all those users who don't want their pokemon they sold to be DP'd? Its a huge possibility those will just be DP'd or thrown out anyways, so they will be just as upset if it gets changed back. In this situation it might better to be able to include a time lock suggested by Claire (To help with Dexes and such) then also a sort of DP Lock system as suggested by several users where a pokemon can be DP Locked, meaning it cannot be traded in for DP. This would be a really really great compromise. People who want to sell specials for DP/don't care if the specials get DP'd can still sell them, and those who don't want their specials to be turned in and such can make it so that won't happen. It seems like the best of both worlds, but if this is something you feel cannot work is there a particular reason for it? I'm just curious as to what you feel could be a good compromise to prevent the split of the user base on this topic. Edit; also pointing out as someone else said, it really sucks for users who are on a Hiatus but had previously purchased pokemon specifically for DP and now will no longer be able to do it and are stuck with the pokemon/being forced to sell it or release it. Especially something commonly used for DP such as Nincada, those are particularly hard to resell if not for the purpose of DP so they will be out thousands of ZC in currency because of this.
------------------- pechaberry.pngpechaberry.pngpechaberry.pngpechaberry.pngpechaberry.pngpechaberry.png -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page