PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Real Money Trading

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 303132333435

Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png
I don't mean this to be a slight against anyone in particular, but I can't help getting the impression that some people here are actively looking for reasons to hate on the staff. Now, as I've mentioned before and elsewhere numerous times, I personally am certainly deserving of criticism for my poor choice of words. But when it comes to RMT in particular, there seems to be this witch-hunt going on for anything that staff - especially junior staff who are still learning the ins and outs of the job - might have possibly done wrong. This seems like highly inappropriate and honestly toxic behaviour. And it's disruptive too. Right now there's almost 30 unclaimed reports and tickets, and doubtless more claimed ones needing attention, that cannot be handled because the team are having to field and ward off completely unprovoked attacks on their behaviour and character. If you have concerns about a particular member of staff, you can report them like anyone else, or if you are worried they might retaliate in some way (not that they will, but I understand that might be a worry) then you can PM Garthic as the Staff Manager to bring up your grievance in a more private setting. But some of the things I have seen here are not helping anyone. Calling for a staff member to be dismissed for buying something for RMT prior to the publication of this announcement preventing future RMT from taking place is frankly ridiculous. Thank you.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
PaintedFence's AvatarPaintedFence
grandmaster.pngd.png
"Right now there's almost 30 unclaimed reports and tickets, and doubtless more claimed ones needing attention, that cannot be handled because the team are having to field and ward off completely unprovoked attacks on their behaviour and character." can i ask how the criticizm from this thread is impacting their ability to work ? hope it doesnt come off as malicious or mean, its a genuine question. i really hope no one is taking the criticizm from here out into other threads or worse, PMs. --------- as for your last point (assuming it was adressed to me cause i dont shut up XD), my point still stands, somewhat. i think it says a lot about their priorities and their person if, assuming i understood this correctly, their first reaction was to buy things before the ban can take place. but i believe in forgiving and second chances. but i understand theres more to their person than this situation. they were selected mod for a reason, so while i strongly dislike their actions here, i can respect them moving forward and trying to right their wrongs. if i was in their shoes i wouldn't like getting this much negative attention, even if we don't know their identity. i really do be doing the Most Hated By the Mods 2022 speedrun /j

scott | adult | extra silly free templates pkmn adoptables love yourself or else i'll love you
credits
background: animation by Da Dou coding: by me
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by PaintedFence

can i ask how the criticizm from this thread is impacting their ability to work ? hope it doesnt come off as malicious or mean, its a genuine question. i really hope no one is taking the criticizm from here out into other threads or worse, PMs.
You may certainly ask. I present Exhibit A:

QUOTE originally posted by Necr0wmancer

I was going to make fun of the fact that mods never responding to the actual questions presented and only the weird side things they jump on but like dang. So, did the mods who participated in the discussion continue RMT?
The team is unable to perform their normal duties when such demands for immediate answers are made, especially when silence is treated as culpability.
Vaporgrave's AvatarVaporgrave
grandmaster.pngc.png
Not trying to be devil’s advocate, It’s fully known I’m actually quite critical but I can very much understand how it’s impacting them from working. If someone in here was going off on me I’d be really distracted. The really intense arguing a few days ago actually did have me distracted from other things. So I can imagine how more direct arguments would be pulling them away from other tasks. And if they’d not of answered to carry on with the tickets we’d of been mad they weren’t answering ._. So as someone “on the other side” or whatever, I totally get it tbh
Tøxtriicity's AvatarTøxtriicity
master.pnge+.png
I genuinely think that some people expect staff to act like CEOs with the 'customer is always right mentality' instead of just some humans running a fan game and that's what lead to people with such expectations. Please, friends. This is just a pokemon fan game, the staff are just people who like the game like we do. They didn't do RWT since the draft and have complied behind the scenes since the draft. They didn't do anything wrong. Yes, we can invest real money into the game, but that is a choice in a game in most games really, it doesn't make it a big time business. It's fine to be mad and have feelings, I mean heck I'm really not happy about it either, but, to actually full on distract staff or make accusations they have to investigate which takes time from other features and other support is pretty bad. We can't always get what we want and we have to accept that.
profile picture: Taken directly in game of my own toxtricity.
Eltafez's Avatarhypermode-12.pngEltafez
supermod34.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngss.png
Please refrain from making accusations (against staff or users). Especially since the discussion has calmed down. The thought was appreciated but not necessary and probably would have escalated into something again. (Edit: referring to a post I deleted.)
I had some people wondering why staff aren't doing anything against accusatory/rude posts (on either side). In my second post, shortly before I unlocked the thread, I mentioned we'd mostly only be here to answer questions and remove unrelated or completely uncivil comments, to which my fellow staff members have complied with. I've been kept busy today and need to wind down later, but I will go over the whole thread tomorrow and see if any posts need removing. If you'd like a particular post addressed for being rule-breaking, please report it and staff will take a look at it.
Lastly, I'm adding more information from the staff member who completed the RMT agreement on the 15th:

QUOTE originally posted by Mollin

I asked because waiting for payment for such long period of time sounds like a situation where one of these users didn't have the payment ready yet (and it was happening often on this site in many trade threads) - that's all. If they made an agrement and one person just forgot about the trade then there's no problem, everything is clear. I didn't mean it in that way - I didn't want to blame anyone, just needed the explanation of this situation, because it sounded strange to me in that way. Now it's okay, so thanks for the explanation.

Hello! I just wanted to explain as I wanted to help clear up any sort of confusion. When I had previously done my service it was assumed that customers asking a slot from me had the currency on hand. Now I know this isn't always the case. And frankly, some of these services are prone to requiring a lot of time. I originally made my thread on December 2nd. The user in question posted on December 4th and was first in line. Their order was ready on December 22nd, and I let them promptly know. I was told that they currently did not have payment and needed one week. After a week I did not hear back and messaged them 11 days after their inital hang-up. I was told real life came up, and needed until the 14th to pay. I messaged them on the 15th with a final reminder and chance - and they promptly paid. It was the only time where payment was pushed back so far - and frankly I would've sold to another user but I wanted them to have an adequate chance. Every other time I was sent currency/payment soon after the PM or the day after.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
Tenn's AvatarTenn
grandmaster.pngc.png
There's one thing I'm curious about. If someone were to sell a Pokemon with real money, couldn't that have technically caused trouble with Nintendo? I mean Nintendo owns Pokemon and they're usually pretty strict with their games. I remember a fan game being shut down by Nintendo before it was released. Wouldn't it cause issue if people sold Pokemon on here with real money then as well? Maybe it's different because it's a pet site and not a game per se, but I feel like I'm missing something here, so maybe someone could explain this?
(By the hearts of broken dreams) Let’s build it one piece at a time, A today where you’re not alone (Always, Always) We’ve created a fortunate nation again Ah, all the time “Why do people get close to one another?” I question, and the sun rises
Necr0wmancer's AvatarNecr0wmancer
master.pnga+.png
Not sure how my comment about actual concerns from the day ya'll posted this, when I would HOPE you were ready to field people's questions, concerns, etc., prevented you from working. Ya'll gave us a answer that day, which I thank you for, then locked the thread. But you're really going to go back to that example and call that out as 'see how we can't work because of that'? I haven't been looking at this thread really since and just happened to glance at it to see what was going on and. Wow. Alright. <:T If you guys couldn't handle people asking questions about something you knew would be up for hot debate (in your own team even) and for questions then. Sheesh. Additionally, I'm going to be honest: Yeah, when some of the staff is willing to shoot back with snarky / rude remarks about things but ignore everything else, I am going to push for a response since you're clearly capable of responding quickly to something else. If I wasn't going to leave for general lack of interest and inactivity before, ya'lls continued behavior like this (from now and previous threads since I started here) woulda done it.
Eltafez's Avatarhypermode-12.pngEltafez
supermod34.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngss.png
We were, of course, prepared to field questions and comments. Even made sure that enough mods were online to keep an eye out because we knew it would get messy. Still, we also expected accidentally missing a question or two considering the amount of posts. What Niet means is that some users assumed from the start that these missed questions were seen but purposely ignored. Instead of repeating the question to help us answer them, comments such as the one Niet mentioned were made. Those aren't helpful and just obstruct/distract us from our work. I missed a question a page or so after unlocking the thread again and had to backtrack to it when another staff member mentioned it. Other users have repeated questions when they saw I missed them and wanted a clarification/an explanation. Those were helpful and I thank them for pointing them out to me. You want communication, I'm willing to give you that, but it's a two-way street. I can't answer something that isn't clear in its intent - I would have to be a mind reader for that, which I sadly am not. I hope this clears things up.
emmadragon's Avataremmadragon
grandmaster.pnge+.png
I just want to thank yall fkr the clarity and accountability that has come out of this thread, I know it must be stressful to have delt with everything coming up from up, so it makes me really happy to see things ended up on the positive side of things. I javent been achive on this site for long (tho I created this acount ages and ages ago, you know how it is) so it can be worrying to not know how things might go, so I'm very greatful to see thow things have now been taken care of and talked about. perhaps redunredundant to add so e staff praise here but I personally and very please with how everything turned out in the end here
summon_mew.png23 summon_lug.png10

Pages: 123··· 303132333435

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page