PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Real Money Trading

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 29303132333435

farmlesbian's Avatarfarmlesbian
master.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by BendyDemon

*snip*
i just wanted to pop in and thank you for articulating this so well and so clearly; I agree with you totally and I havent been able to figure out how to say it so i am very appreciative that you have done so
Lv. 85 — 20,250 / 23,852
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Fighting
Happiness 27%
Rash nature
Tøxtriicity's AvatarTøxtriicity
master.pnge+.png

QUOTE originally posted by farmlesbian

QUOTE originally posted by BendyDemon

*snip*
i just wanted to pop in and thank you for articulating this so well and so clearly; I agree with you totally and I havent been able to figure out how to say it so i am very appreciative that you have done so
Same here. I mean I'm not thrilled it's going away I won't lie. But I'm not quitting over it, that's just kinda silly. It is more motivation to work on my art quality instead of playing a game for money though. The prospect of making money via pokemon was making me get unhealthily addicted.
profile picture: Taken directly in game of my own toxtricity.
PaintedFence's AvatarPaintedFence
grandmaster.pngd.png
many users who did RMT did not treat this like a "business site". they made some bucks off of spare melans they were lucky to get, or summon items they didn't need, etc. but i am yet to have met someone who was focused on 100% profit, profit, profit. i sold a few melans (to help pay for medical bills, decide for yourself if that makes me money hungry or not) but before the RMT ban i gifted 5 of them. thats like 30% (estimate) of the melans ive got throughout my time here (and i kept one for myself). i didnt even sell all the rest for IRL money, some of it was pfq currency. just giving my 2 cents here, to say that not everyone who did RMT in the past was hyperfocused on making real life money.

scott | adult | extra silly free templates pkmn adoptables love yourself or else i'll love you
credits
background: animation by Da Dou coding: by me
Eltafez's Avatarhypermode-12.pngEltafez
supermod34.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngss.png

QUOTE originally posted by aminahhime

-snip- One other thing that just popped into my mind is what if Pokemon were traded for actual objects? And I don't mean art by the way. No money is exchanged in the process, but there is still trade made either way. I don't know if anyone has actually done this, but let's say me, for example, wanted to trade a cute t-shirt for some Pokemon, does that count against the rules as well?
Please disregard my answer here. Staff have had a moment to really think about it and we've come to the conclusion below: The trading of physical goods is heavily discouraged, with the likelihood of it becoming entirely disallowed. This is due to personal and information safety as it would mean sharing information such as an address, real name, etc. Unfortunately this also means physical goods from crafters/artisans. Links to websites that are made for this such as RedBubble, Etsy, ... are at your own risk.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
Mollin's AvatarMollin
grandmaster.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Eltafez

snip The staff member in question has not dealt in RMT after this agreement, and their part of the agreement was actually ready (December) before the RMT discussion. They were waiting for payment at that point, which was pushed back to Jan. 15th on the other end. With this in mind, the staff member is in the clear.
In that case, I just want to ask a question because I'm curious: If other users are not allowed to continue trades after agrements made before the 27th January, then why the staff member is clean, if they continued trade at 15th January after starting these discussions (because if I understand correctly - staff members were not allowed to make RMT after 14th January). Seems kinda... unfair?

QUOTE originally posted by Mollin

QUOTE originally posted by Eltafez

snip The staff member in question has not dealt in RMT after this agreement, and their part of the agreement was actually ready (December) before the RMT discussion. They were waiting for payment at that point, which was pushed back to Jan. 15th on the other end. With this in mind, the staff member is in the clear.
In that case, I just want to ask a question because I'm curious: If other users are not allowed to continue trades after agrements made before the 27th January, then why the staff member is clean, if they continued trade at 15th January after starting these discussions (because if I understand correctly - staff members were not allowed to make RMT after 14th January). Seems kinda... unfair?
I don't understand your question. The first post outlines that agreements prior to the announcement need to be wrapped up. Any new agreements made after the 27th are a no-go. Perhaps this was a misunderstanding? Plus, as you can see from my quote, their agreement was solidified back in December.
Mollin's AvatarMollin
grandmaster.pngd+.png
Wait so if I made a RMT agrement before the new rule, then I'm allowed to continue the trade? Because it was stated as not allowed in this thread before. Post from this thread:

QUOTE originally posted by Methos

QUOTE originally posted by Leafstar15

So I asked a cpl if I could buy a cpl things from them next friday because that's when I get paid, is that still okay? Cause I don't have the money for the things I want to get right this second.
I'm afraid it doesn't count as a trade agreement until everyone has their payments ready to trade, so no, that would count as agreeing to RMT after the ban was in place.
If agrement was made in December but one of the users didn't have currency yet, that means it wasn't allowed, as says the quote.
As I said, the staff member had been waiting for payment since December - to which the user told them it would be sent soon and then forgot. If the user had paid on the first PM, that would still have been in December. I'm curious, then, if you would have liked us to sanction a member of staff for doing what everyone else was doing, which was completely allowed (although frowned upon)? Edit: Genuine question above. I'm not being sarcastic or anything.
Mollin's AvatarMollin
grandmaster.pngd+.png
I asked because waiting for payment for such long period of time sounds like a situation where one of these users didn't have the payment ready yet (and it was happening often on this site in many trade threads) - that's all. If they made an agrement and one person just forgot about the trade then there's no problem, everything is clear. I didn't mean it in that way - I didn't want to blame anyone, just needed the explanation of this situation, because it sounded strange to me in that way. Now it's okay, so thanks for the explanation.
That's completely fair, thank you for taking the time to explain your reasoning.

Pages: 123··· 29303132333435

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page