PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Real Money Trading

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 32333435

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
That would indeed be a loophole. It's difficult to draw a hard line, and in some instances it may well end up being decided on a case-by-case basis (and if/when that happens, it'll be explained publicly so that others know where we stand). As a general rule, though, it's best to be on the safe side and just don't do it.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Fuecoco's AvatarFuecoco
yeah that's understandable, thanks for the quick repsonse
Hyperspace Ring

Hyperspace Ring

Summon Item

(: 0)

A sinister-looking gold ring. Peering into its depths is like looking into another universe. It is said it is deeply connected with the Legendary Pokémon, Hoopa.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Brave nature
pfp = my cat
I'm Ran2007's AvatarI'm Ran2007
Is it allowed to trade Pokefarm currency for currency from another game(as long as the ToS allows it) then trade that currency for money?(again, as long as the ToS allows it) *edit just realized that i'm the 333rd post on this forum, yay*
Jun's AvatarJun
This honestly makes a lot of sense, and I have been wondering on how allowed RMT had been (i just assumed it was a very gray area, turns out it was). I do think it is a bit safer this way as well, especially its easier to manage and prevent any scamming or actual money loss (since it can be easier for a site owner to deal with site stuff, but once off site, nothing can really be done.) IMO this is really for the best.
Avatar art by Me LTB for Pheromosa | Missing and Dexting Needed
BoWhatElse's AvatarBoWhatElse
While this decision makes sense, it still hurts me greatly. I have been accepting ZC as payment for my art commissions so people that are unable of using Paypal still could recieve art in some way. with the idea that I could sell this ZC for money in another thread., Now I'm stuck with an amount of ZC that I don't ever think I'll be able (nor want) to spend :( Edit: Perhaps an option to convert ZC back to money for a short period of time would be great :P
My Pokesonas, Made by Animela c:
Art Shop
Wrathion's AvatarWrathion
Honestly I think I'm going to be more active on the site because of this. I had bad impulse control about spending my money on sparklies I saw in the trade forum. Then I'd get bored and sell things for quick cash and go inactive for awhile. Rinse and repeat. Now both those options are gone, so my activity will probably be more stable. And I never really liked how some people used this website as a business... it seemed weird to profit basically off the mod teams hard work maintaining the site. And some people made some serious bank, and you're right that it probably went untaxed in some cases. So yeah. I see why a lot of people are upset about it, and maybe a small warning before it went into place would've helped a lot of people, but I personally am okay with it and understand the reasoning completely.
Teddybear's AvatarTeddybear
Just logged in and checked the news to see RMT going away. I'm sad and frustrated to see it go, it was a nice way for those of us who can't spend that much time on PFQ to get rare Pokemon from difficult hunts, and unfortunate for those who enjoyed doing hunts with the added benefit. Just my thoughts on the subject. Edit Rules are Rules thought, my trade thread has been updated and since i'm outside of the 7 day window my existing deals are off :(
  • XD001
  • Trade Threads Here
  • Credit
1,360 18 7 1
Template and background image made by me for my use only
I'm always collecting XD001
Addonia's AvatarAddonia
Just for clarity.... I quit/went on hiatus for a while and prior to quitting I did do RMTs selling my stuff. Not proud of this considering what has happened but it was a bad time for me personally. That said, my journal had a few of the posts saved from back when I made threads for RMTs (Over a year ago). I believe I have gone through my journal and deleted anything relating to RTM that I found, but if I miss one, are the penalties the same for missing removing it from an old journal post? *Edited for spelling/ grammar problems.
Visit my shop for shiny hunts, breeding pairs, and other services my shop Check it out! Like free stuff? Visit my raffle thread! Have you lost a loved one? Want a S/A to memorialize their memory? Check out my free memorial/remembrance service offered through my journal: here
Kavina2000's AvatarKavina2000
I no longer have to pay real money for a simple dex trade that wouldn't even be charged for in an official Pokemon game? Oh thank goodness.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Addonia

Just for clarity.... I quit/went on hiatus for a while and prior to quitting I did do RMTs selling my stuff. Not proud of this considering what has happened but it was a bad time for me personally. That said, my journal had a few of the posts saved from back when I made threads for RMTs (Over a year ago). I believe I have gone through my journal and deleted anything relating to RTM that I found, but if I miss one, are the penalties the same for missing removing it from an old journal post? *Edited for spelling/ grammar problems.
If it's old it's probably gonna be fine, we'll understand.

QUOTE originally posted by Kavina2000

I no longer have to pay real money for a simple dex trade that wouldn't even be charged for in an official Pokemon game? Oh thank goodness.
You... never needed to. You could, if you really wanted to, but now you can't.

Pages: 123··· 32333435

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page