PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Real Money Trading

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345··· 333435

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Aemilia

So for templates, I know that they're included as art, but would that just be for graphic related templates or all templates, including ones made with pure CSS?
Is code a Pokémon, item or currency?
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Aemilia's AvatarAemilia
No but it only specifically mentioned art which is why I wanted clarification just in case I was misunderstanding something. ^^
Buying: BSDs 20 ZC Prisms 70 ZC
Icons/Template by Aemilia

by Kaede

Miky's AvatarMiky
Sadly, this doesn't affect only people who were trying to get a couple easy bucks but also active players, who have pretentious goals after experiencing everything that the game has to offer. By that I mean people who are collecting summons for melan legend hunts, or try to expand their collection by buying expensive items/mons with real money rather than with currency. It's hard to gain currency for some users, especially those who have a full time job + other adult responsibilities //cries in old//. But at least they could afford to buy some pretty pixels to bring a little joy in their life (I know there are some of you out there who can relate). Would be pretty coolino if the price for the ZC you buy in game dropped to the standard 100 ZC = 1 USD rate we used for paypal-ingame transactions with other users. Doubt that would happen but you know, i shoot my shot :D
Crowvict's AvatarCrowvict
Are we still allowed to trade pfq items / currency/ ect. for art?
Avatar art was done by PrismPaws on Twitter. Character's belong to Me.
Thunderjaw's AvatarThunderjaw
I feel bad for those people who spent money on this site for hunting, that are now quitting and can't actually earn those bucks they spent on the hope of getting a Melan in that month, back. Or those people who are drowning in Zophan for selling melans before and wanted to get some extra cash from this (which the buyer agrees on after all) I have seen people litterly in need of a couple of bucks sell their favorite melans just so they can eat dinner. And while you might say 'it's not a bank' no, but we paid for hunting Melans ourselfs? I can understand people being mad. I personally, again, have not used this before as much. But I can absolutely understand fully that people are a bit ticked off.
Useful links: Journal: The Thunderclaw Follow me on these too if you'd like to know me! Youtube: CommandoReptilio Twitch: CommandoReptilio Instagram: GeckoCommander
art by Shadowfeathers of Thunderjaws OC Steve, edited by MossDragon for Thunderjaw's use only
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Aemilia

No but it only specifically mentioned art which is why I wanted clarification just in case I was misunderstanding something. ^^
It also specifically listed that only Pokémon, items or currency are affected. We only mentioned art at all to try and reduce confusion. Seems we accidentally increased it instead ;)

QUOTE originally posted by Miky

Would be pretty coolino if the price for the ZC you buy in game dropped to the standard 100 ZC = 1 USD rate we used for paypal-ingame transactions with other users. Doubt that would happen but you know, i shoot my shot :D
Sadly that won't happen. I don't know who started the trend of selling ZC for less than face value but being UK-based we're gonna keep using UK currency.
TequitoClown's AvatarTequitoClown

QUOTE originally posted by arbor

Games are... games. The only people who are supposed to make money from them are those who create the games. Anyone else who finds a way to make money from it- like twitch streamers, or apparently people selling Pokemon- that's cool, good for you, but it's not an intended part of the game. So I understand it being disappointing for that to be taken away, but it's not really a part of the game in the first place, you know? A game, in my opinion at least, is to create fun for the player. I have invested hundreds of hours into another MMO, Wizard101. It's very focused on collaboration with friends, some battles actually can't be completed alone, and you know what? There isn't even a trading function in that game. I'm not saying PFQ should get rid of trades or anything like that, but... games are designed so that the people playing them have fun. They're not designed for people to make money off of playing them. That's not "supposed" to be part of the game.
Completely agree with this. In the end, it's a game that's made for fun. Using ZC instead of just direct USD payments for stuff supports the site and is a way to trade a premium currency around. Plus you have to keep in mind, Paypal requires you to be 18+ and provide pictures of a vaild ID to use. So to me I never liked the idea of saying "you have to be 18+ to buy this shiny" on a child-friendly site. I completely understand if some disagree, and I know it sucks for a lot of people but I was never a fan of making IRL money off of a game.
PFP by caitsith511
Achillo's AvatarAchillo
I’ve gotten so use to websites that have banned rmt for their digital goods that honestly, I thought it was already banned here. I can’t say I’m one of the affected users, but I can totally see why people would be upset. But in my honest opinion, it’s kind of weird that it was allowed in the first place, especially considering that it’s Nintendo’s IP. I guess if there was never any issue with it, it’s not a huge deal. All in all, it’ll be sad to see the site drop in activity, but at the same time I’m glad that you guys are taking action and trying to keep us safe.

Achi | She/they | 18+

Just a rat demon that enjoys Pokemon.
Shop JournalLinkcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon by me. Signature Pagedoll @Name on Platform
Type Race Score; 0
Raiden Shogun's AvatarRaiden Shogun
Oof... This news came to me at a pretty bad time T_T I'm unfortunately not enjoying the game as I had hoped to, and I've been trying to sell my items and currency for real money. I kinda need it, too... While I do understand your decision, it's a quite painful one to me, and evidently others too. Being able to trade in-game goods for real-life money here was one of the few charms that PokéFarm had... It made trading so much easier.
Zicø's AvatarZicø
wow... wow. i really should have sold everything when i promised to quit earlier this year, back when the announcement for the "new" pokefarm was coming. i have pokemon worth hundreds that i was not planning on hording forever. i understand legally why, but not having a grace period is really painful.
0S/0A/0M/8H

collecting

Pages: 12345··· 333435

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page