PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sanctioned Userscripts

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 891011121314

RisingWolfe's AvatarRisingWolfe
Dude I commend you for doing PHP. I tried for a final, and it broke immeidately. But I wouldn't mind seeing you code, getting experience as well. This sounds really cool
Profile Pic from: Doduo Call me Wolfe! I have 2 comics that me and a friend post every week/month! Tears and Sorrow Magic Bound Click my first and second Melan! Both named after Dragon Ball Z characters!
Sanae Kochiya's AvatarSanae Kochiya
that would be fantastic niet. would love to see the progress and work.
profile picture made by the lovely Terabbit~ Albino colors belong to pfq~
Lgreenbunny's AvatarLgreenbunny
Would also like to see that to be honest, I don't have any experience in PHP but I'm curious
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü
I'd be interested in watching you stream some of the backend coding stuff & the discord/closed beta are both really fantastic ideas that I hope you consider doing!
------------------- -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

just niets last post
Okay firstly Niet, amazing thoughts here. I'm excited to hear them be expanded on in the future. But I just want to say, I am soooo impressed with you right now. The Niet that I saw interacting with site users a year ago would not have responded in this manner. This is a million times better than i expected. I know you said you've been working on your communication and yes this thread was headed into a rocky path and to be frank, i expected you to walk away and take a breather. The fact that you just... responded in a very civilized matter and brought up an interesting topic of the future site. It just has me in awe right now. I get that this site is hard sometimes. And yes people have their right to criticize the ongoings of this site some of them were a bit rude though. Not all but some. but yeah. The fact you came back and continued the conversation to make it more positive is a nice touch and shows atleast me personally that you're a different niet then the one I remember seeing a few years ago so kudos. I just hope you return to block feature eventually and add some touchups. Anyways. Excited for this future dev log!! Cheers
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe

garth's response to my post

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

@Gumshoe We wouldn't turn away a person on that principle, no. Like I said, just because I feel it's unfair doesn't mean the help would be turned down - it would be greatly appreciated and we'd do what we could to give something back to that person (or people), same as we do for everyone else who helps us. We've just not had anyone offer such a thing with an appropriate skill-set (to my knowledge) and Niet's not been comfortable to ask for such assistance, his reasoning being that when an artist makes an art piece, that's a closed thing - the quality of that art piece doesn't affect the integrity of everything else. With code, one mistake and everything can fall apart (at the moment). Collaborative efforts a whole 'nother beast. He is working on having version control but it wasn't built with it. To touch on-topic of the thread, that's why he's also happy to support userscripts - they're self-contained things and won't break anything if they should happen to fail somewhere along the line. Niet's also said that he detests his own (old) code and wouldn't wish it upon anyone else, let alone himself. Though this is more a jokey point than anything serious.
That makes total sense as well! I can see how it'd be a lot more intricate/complicated to tackle than just a continuation of art or moderation. I understand being picky with something like that. Thank you very much for answering my questions, it makes a lot more sense now ;v; Also streaming dev work/closed beta sounds rad. I really hope it can help with motivation and hopefully helps the community feel a little bit more in touch with the development side of the site!
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp from Dungeon Meshi ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
JoanOfArceus's AvatarJoanOfArceus
Good luck. I hope this works.
WIP - Assets are from DDLC
QuoKka's AvatarQuoKka
I’m just coming in here to say the constructive criticism/concerns = attacking needs to stop in both threads(one about the block feature.).
Me and the boys coming to give you a vibe check
JoanOfArceus's AvatarJoanOfArceus
It's an issue that's existed for a long time, yes
ShadowRotom's AvatarShadowRotom
I’m sorry if I came off as aggressive and I should probably go back and fix my attitude in the rant. It just irritates me that people think it’s okay to talk to people like this. I’ll include some quotes from this thread(and maybe some others if I can be bothered to dig) that show the attitude I was talking about. Many of the posts I didn’t include have a semi-hostile tone to me but I put in the more concrete ones. *NOTE* I’m not meaning to accuse anyone in these quotes

this thread

QUOTE originally posted by beepslum

you've gone the route of pandering and placating as usual.

QUOTE originally posted by LünarHana

*cut* Do...do you even play your own site enough to know whether what users need/want is right or wrong? How much time have you actually spent playing in the last few years to be able to say "I don't want the block thread, so whether all these users want it or not I don't want it so I don't want to work on it or put time into figuring it out." You didn't do anything - someone else made the script and you literally just made it official/made it an easy access thing. But go off I guess.

QUOTE originally posted by aklai

honest question, why bring up the fact that you dont agree with the blocking script? i think your views on that have been clear enough, i dont really see the need for you to mention twice in one post how you dont think there should b a block feature
This one is kind of borderline but I think it’s heavy enough

QUOTE originally posted by beepslum

*cut* The weird depression reveal just now feels obscenely personal and like a great distraction tactic. *cut*
Shoot me a PM if you ever want to talk! My door is always open and I have experience with mental health issues. Spinarak drawn by me

Pages: 123··· 891011121314

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page