PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sanctioned Userscripts

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345··· 121314

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by beepslum

you've gone the route of pandering and placating as usual.
Today I learned, giving the people what they want is "pandering and placating". Cool. Really gives me motivation to keep doing stuff, cheers for that :thumbsup:
Regarding communication... yeah, I get it. It's been a very difficult year. That's not really an excuse but... y'know. It is what it is. I don't see where the thread was locked though. Are you sure about that?
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
JoanOfArceus's AvatarJoanOfArceus
This is what I was literally already using- can we PLEASE get a way to remove people from our clickbacks. They can click me I don't care but I don't want to click them. Niet, you didn't give us what we wanted. You took from somebody who did work for free.
WIP - Assets are from DDLC
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan
The thread was not traditionally locked, but it cannot be posted in. I understand its been a tough year. It really has, and it sucks. I just hope that in the future we're able to get some more communication from staff letting us know that its been hard, before 2+ months of silence, you know? Also, "you've gone the route of pandering and placating" is kind of exactly the point i made my my stupid long post. I just worded it extremely politely.

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I don't see where the thread was locked though. Are you sure about that?
When I visit the 'completed' thread it says I cannot post, forum is read only. Edit: oop ninja'd by Colorful :p

Avatar is my sona, drawn by Saapricots!
×7/1000

Agreed. Blocked users still have the ability to contact who has blocked them, the recieving person just doesn't see who sent it. Make them unable to contact us.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Oh! I... honestly forgot that the Completed forum is read-only to users... oops!
@Niet This is at the bottom of the block thread suggestion in completed. No one can comment on it. So it was locked in a way. And the big problem is while I do like that you are integrating peoples scripts into the site, you took the easy way out when it comes to the block feature. It kind of looks like "Oh someone else coded a kind of block feature. Why do I need to code it. I'll just make it something everyone can access instead so I don't have to do it." Kind of wish you would have broached the subject in the thread itself before implementation. And instead of making it the catch all end all of the conversation, you should have took the time with the temp block feature to come up with a better block feature to implement. If that is the original plan in the first place, then perhaps you should SAY THAT. The communication on this site is basically nonexistant right now. And holidays and corona are all just excuses. My boyfriend legit works for a company of like 50 people and even he still has time to communcate to emails and take phone calls, and do what is required of their job. But it seems like the staff on PFQ can't seem to get things enough together to even say something simple to anything that actually requires answers and at this moment it just feels like no one even cares anymore. Why do we even bother.
Avatar of a Bannette/Tyranitar Fusion was made by BumbleJuice Avatar of a Tyranitar/Grimmsnarl Fusion was made by AmazedFurz Avatar of the Goodra Fusion was made by SailorSCTk Avatar of Flurbet was made by Cynda
I myself and MANY others are extremely frustrated. This ain't it, chief.
Magical Rose's AvatarMagical Rose
Niet, Colorful gave you a response but you pretty much ignored him. He made a lot good points and you didn't even respond to most of them really. I'm getting tired of the lack of communication here.
Pfp made by me.
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Personally, I still have problems with the idea of blocking users on PFQ as this is a game that's all about collaboration, and the web of data can't possibly account for all possible edge cases.
This site isn't even "just a game" there are some people who get on here literally for the social aspects, there are people who don't even hatch eggs much and maybe just buy some pokemon - this site is extremely social. The art side of the site even more so, RP side, there's a lot more to this site than just being a game for some people. Do...do you even play your own site enough to know whether what users need/want is right or wrong? How much time have you actually spent playing in the last few years to be able to say "I don't want the block thread, so whether all these users want it or not I don't want it so I don't want to work on it or put time into figuring it out." You didn't do anything - someone else made the script and you literally just made it official/made it an easy access thing. But go off I guess.
------------------- -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"

Pages: 12345··· 121314

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page