PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sanctioned Userscripts

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 121314

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
For a while now, people have been making and sharing Userscripts in order to change how PFQ works. Let's start making some of them official!
Update 14/Apr: Added QoL script. Features and information
There are numerous scripts out there, designed to make PFQ "better" in the eyes of the script's creator - and evidently their view is shared by anyone using their script. People have also made clever use of Custom CSS in site skins to achieve effects I didn't think were possible. Today I'd like to introduce the concept of Sanctioned Userscripts. These are scripts that I personally have reviewed and integrated into the core site (usually with only minimal alterations for implementation reasons). The first of these is "Block Users", a script by /user/DrWho. Personally, I still have problems with the idea of blocking users on PFQ as this is a game that's all about collaboration, and the web of data can't possibly account for all possible edge cases. For instance, what if you get stuff from a trade that originally came from a blocked user? Or an egg you found in the shelter was bred by them? This userscript doesn't solve all the problems, but it does solve the main ones - and it may be updated further to handle more situations in future. For now, it blocks profiles, hides posts in the forums (but in both cases lets you see them if you want), and it also anonymises blocked users in the Clickback view (using quite frankly very clever code, well done!). The reason I'm okay with adding this as a userscript is because userscripts don't have the same expectations as an "official" feature. If I implemented a block feature, you would (reasonably) expect it to handle all possible cases, and I can't honestly promise that. Instead, this solution handles a majority of cases and can be updated later by the script's author if they so choose. More details on that in DrWho's post. Userscripts can be found on the Farm Page > Tools Options > Userscripts (EDIT: I'm dumb sometimes XD). I hope to add more in the future, as submissions are made. How do you submit a userscript? Good question. I don't have a system yet. If you have a userscript or some custom CSS wizardry that you'd like me to consider adding as an option, then PM me with a link to where I can find the code, be it Gitlab, Github, or even a Pastebin. If I like the idea, I'll take a look, check the code for any obvious issues, and if all seems well I'll add it to the site!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
furina's Avatarfurina
sweet! i like how DrWho's code works, but i wish there was a variant for google chrome's mobile app... although i have to say i have mad respect for them! <3
forum avatar is furina from genshin impact
Is it just me or is that link not where you said it would be? Edit: Wow I didn't notice the picture was that blurry.
Avatar of a Bannette/Tyranitar Fusion was made by BumbleJuice Avatar of a Tyranitar/Grimmsnarl Fusion was made by AmazedFurz Avatar of the Goodra Fusion was made by SailorSCTk Avatar of Flurbet was made by Cynda
Not just you! I meant "Options", not "Tools."
I'm sure many others will suggest this QoL userscript. It kicks butt and I recommend it to literally everyone I know on Pokefarm. Here Might as well be the first to suggest it, while we don't even have a concrete suggestion form for them yet XD

QUOTE originally posted by FinalAbsolution

I'm sure many others will suggest this QoL userscript. It kicks butt and I recommend it to literally everyone I know on Pokefarm. Here Might as well be the first to suggest it, while we don't even have a concrete suggestion form for them yet XD
Hmm, that one may need some adjusting to integrate into PFQ as it seems to rely on Tampermonkey's more advanced features. Perhaps if the creator wants to work on it, I can work something out, but for now that's a bit too complex at the moment. Cool features though!
furina's Avatarfurina
ah, i finally got to understand! it works on mobile, too. thank you!
I feel like this feature of blocking can lead to misuse. People on this site will use it to block people simply for disagreeing with their veiws, making it harder and harder for people to click more users.
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe

QUOTE originally posted by WerewolfMonkey

I feel like this feature of blocking can lead to misuse. People on this site will use it to block people simply for disagreeing with their veiws, making it harder and harder for people to click more users.
Where in the features does it say it prevents you from clicking people? "For now, it blocks profiles, hides posts in the forums (but in both cases lets you see them if you want), and it also anonymises blocked users in the Clickback view (using quite frankly very clever code, well done!)."
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by FinalAbsolution

Hmm, that one may need some adjusting to integrate into PFQ as it seems to rely on Tampermonkey's more advanced features. Perhaps if the creator wants to work on it, I can work something out, but for now that's a bit too complex at the moment. Cool features though!
@Niet - I'm not the original creator, but I've been maintaining the script for the better part of a year. I'd be more than happy to work on it to get it to a place where it could become part of the list of sanctioned scripts!

Pages: 123··· 121314

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page