PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sanctioned Userscripts

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234··· 121314

QUOTE originally posted by ECEInTheHole

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by FinalAbsolution

I'm sure many others will suggest this QoL userscript. It kicks butt and I recommend it to literally everyone I know on Pokefarm. Here Might as well be the first to suggest it, while we don't even have a concrete suggestion form for them yet XD
Hmm, that one may need some adjusting to integrate into PFQ as it seems to rely on Tampermonkey's more advanced features. Perhaps if the creator wants to work on it, I can work something out, but for now that's a bit too complex at the moment. Cool features though!
@Niet - I'm not the original creator, but I've been maintaining the script for the better part of a year. I'd be more than happy to work on it to get it to a place where it could become part of the list of sanctioned scripts!
I actually wasn't aware this was still being worked on- I don't tend to keep updated on the thread itself. Glad it's being worked on still and I'll have to go check out that post. It's exciting to think it could be added to the list! c:
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
The biggest thing is that it needs to not have external dependencies. So things like the HTML templates need to be brought into the main script (eg. as template strings). The version check can also be dropped since PFQ will keep the userscript up to date. Also from what I can see it uses lodash library, that will need to be removed too and instead either use the jQuery version that PFQ uses, or no library at all (most functions are fairly straightforward in plain JS anyway).
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
lunacria's Avatarlunacria
it works on both desktop and mobile, but it seems to not "remember" who you have blocked accross devices, so if i block somebody on my laptop i have to go block them on my phone as well... is there any way to fix this or is it just something we have to deal with? (it's not a huge deal, since i don't think most people are going to be blocking more than a few people, but it is a little annoying :p)
starfrog's Avatarstarfrog
@lunacria

QUOTE originally posted by --

Note that userscripts have no access to the server's storage, so any settings or features they provide are specific to your device and browser. If you play on multiple devices, you will need to configure them separately on there.
You'll find this written on the userscript page. It seems like the data you insert into a userscript on one device would not transfer onto other devices, even if they have the script enabled. I know it's an obnoxious thing to deal with, but we might as well have to. Atleast for now.
WolfGamer32's AvatarWolfGamer32
@Niet Ya know, i can't code or script but I do have an idea I'd like to share, some new fusions, (like shinxle for example, you call them exclusives but i usually call them fusions The very first thing i tried do do when I joined pokefarm was breed an absol with an eeveeloution, i did not know at the time that it wouldnt work so i thought maybe it would be a cool idea, maybe it it could evolve into only a umbreon/absol fusion another idea is maybe a fusion between houndoom and mightyena or mightyena and lycanroc anyway, just thought id share my ideas and maybe you would yake them into considertion, thanks for reading :)
lunacria's Avatarlunacria

QUOTE originally posted by starfrog

You'll find this written on the userscript page. It seems like the data you insert into a userscript on one device would not transfer onto other devices, even if they have the script enabled. I know it's an obnoxious thing to deal with, but we might as well have to. Atleast for now.
oh it does say that on the page. i can't read!! sorry!! :D
PlasmaStorm's AvatarPlasmaStorm

QUOTE originally posted by WolfGamer32

Ya know, i can't code or script but I do have an idea I'd like to share, some new fusions, (like shinxle for example, you call them exclusives but i usually call them fusions The very first thing i tried do do when I joined pokefarm was breed an absol with an eeveeloution, i did not know at the time that it wouldnt work so i thought maybe it would be a cool idea, maybe it it could evolve into only a umbreon/absol fusion another idea is maybe a fusion between houndoom and mightyena or mightyena and lycanro anyway, just thought id share my ideas and maybe you would yake them into considertion, thanks for reading :)
Try the suggestions forums next time.
'You are too late, I'm afraid. This flower's already dead'
Pokesonas Karyuu Yurui Comic Avatar is drawn by Tsuzera and used with permission
c r e d i t
Reshiram sprite is official. Coding and template is by TheFabuTor for free use
I know that the shelter css gets used a *lot*, especially around type races. While obviously the customization aspects can still be maintained via css having the option to just go in and activate looking for a type of egg would be nice. I don't remember whose it is anymore, but the field stacking one would be nice too.
beepslum's Avatarbeepslum
Alright, I'll say it: this is as underwhelming as it is disappointing. The Block Feature thread went on for a month with users asking a mod for any amount of response and got absolutely nothing, then today you suddenly call it complete and give us a user script which most people already knew about. This feels like you've noticed that users weren't giving up on the idea of a block feature so you've gone the route of pandering and placating as usual.
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan
I want to start out by saying thank you -- I think that having user scripts kind of "approved" or integrated into the site more officially is a great idea, especially if it's not something you're 100% confident on or really want as a site feature, but still want to offer as an option to players. I'm very happy with that idea.
There's some other stuff I'd like to ask about & bring up, though.

[snip] The first of these is "Block Users", a script by /user/DrWho. Personally, I still have problems with the idea of blocking users on PFQ as this is a game that's all about collaboration, and the web of data can't possibly account for all possible edge cases. For instance, what if you get stuff from a trade that originally came from a blocked user? Or an egg you found in the shelter was bred by them? This userscript doesn't solve all the problems, but it does solve the main ones - and it may be updated further to handle more situations in future. For now, it blocks profiles, hides posts in the forums (but in both cases lets you see them if you want), and it also anonymises blocked users in the Clickback view (using quite frankly very clever code, well done!). [snip]
All of these questions and concerns, that you've asked multiple times, have already been addressed in the block suggestion thread. They have been addressed by numerous people with different ideas of how to work around them, and generally the community around the block suggestion thread has agreed on some that we think are the best options. Which was asked of us, I may add! We were asked to give input on how to address these issues. We did our best, and many people responded. Some, even, had already come up with solutions to these problems before they were even brought by any staff.
For anyone reading this who may not be aware of the block suggestion thread, the general consensus we agreed upon (for the most part!) was that blocking does not need to affect interactions of any kind. We are okay with a block feature that does not affect interactions, that allows Pokemon with a blocked user in it's timeline to be transfered back and forth, to not have this affect the shelter in any way, and to not affect the market in any way. These were some of the questions presented to us by various staff members, including Niet himself here!

[snip] The reason I'm okay with adding this as a userscript is because userscripts don't have the same expectations as an "official" feature. If I implemented a block feature, you would (reasonably) expect it to handle all possible cases, and I can't honestly promise that. Instead, this solution handles a majority of cases and can be updated later by the script's author if they so choose. More details on that in DrWho's post. [snip]
I may be missing something, but... what does this mean? What possible outlier cases would an 'official' block feature not be able to handle? The biggest concern I saw and agreed with was if someone was using a block feature instead of a report -- but a userscript instead of an 'official' feature does nothing for or against that at all. If a case is not properly handled by an 'official' block feature, would a user not send in a ticket and communicate directly with staff to fix it? This reasoning for not officially implementing a block feature doesn't make sense to me.
DrWho's script does a great job in addressing what we've discussed in the block thread, from what I can tell. It doesn't inhibit the interactions or site features in any way, and general just hides the user's profile you've blocked, alongside hiding them from clicklists & putting their forum posts in hideboxes. That's great! However, this feels like a band-aid situation. This script could be greatly improved by someone with direct access to the site -- it's already exactly what was suggested on the block suggestion thread, except with some missing features. DrWho is not a staff member. DrWho does not have direct access to the site's code and interworkings, obviously. Starring out usernames and making the 'block' consistant through all devices are the first two 'missing' features that come to mind when I think of these.
The last thing I want to mention, is the lack of communication. There was never an official confirmation of the block feature -- we were never even moved to approved. It was hinted at twice (one, two) publicly, and hinted at in private messages that various users had with various staff members, obviously not mentioning who for privacy reasons. We were told that the point of the thread was to now focus on what we wanted out of a block feature -- sending us all reeling at that post's implication that it was a confirmed feature. Of course, many active members of the thread jumped at the opportunity to move the thread forwards instead of in circles, and gave their insights on the points that staff members had asked us to discuss. After some time, all those subscribed and active had already responded to these posts. I found myself bumping the thread, posting some questions for any staff about what was next. wondering what was coming next. Some more people from there put in their opinions and thoughts about the moderator's points, but conversation had slowed down significantly. Another bump, and I'm wondering what comes next for the thread. I ask in this bump if I can get any staff input on the questions before, maybe a week or two after my last bump. Another week or two goes by, and I bump again, this time rather unhappy with the length of response time. This time it's not just me, and many users speak up after that, wondering why the thread's died down. We admittedly veer off topic and begin to discuss our frustrations with the staff's lack of communication. Even then, after feeling ignored, the conversation begins to die down after about a week. Then a news post is made, and a brief post is made in the thread by Niet, before it's locked. Now, I wanna say sorry for how long this post got, and sorry for how much of a narrative that last paragraph turned into. I have a point, though, if you can bear with me. I understand that staff members have a lot on their plate, and that they can't handle every aspect of the site instantly. There are reports, maintenance, user tickets, tournaments, contests... and I'm sure more. Leaving your userbase on a cliff hanger isn't the answer, though. Even if you have to set aside suggestion threads for the time being, or you have no idea how to handle this... that's fine! Just let us know. Knowing that we're being heard is important. Any staff member dropping in and letting us know that it's being worked on would have been a huge relief for many of us.

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se

Pages: 1234··· 121314

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page