PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sanctioned Userscripts

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Sanctioned Userscripts >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by RisingWolfe

Old code, the code of PF1? Or the code we can see with view source? Because if pf1, I didnt' see that code. But the code we can see with view source...mmm I can see what he means.
The code you see is compiled/minified so naturally it's not human-readable. But even the PHP source is... not great. Mostly because my skills have gotten a lot better than they were years ago. Also PHP itself has gone from 5.3 to 8.0 in that time. Lots of changes and improvements, which I haven't been able to integrate into PFQ, which is consequently still just barely running on PHP 7.1, which is a bit of an "oof".
Going off on a bit of a tangent here, there's an idea I've been toying with that I kinda want to try, if you guys are interested. We're definitely getting off-topic here but this is the most communication we've had in months so let's not stifle it! I want to try streaming my development work. I have no idea if it'll be any good - I certainly wouldn't be able to interact very much with viewers when I'm "in the zone" working, but I dunno, it seems like it could be fun. Thoughts? Another potential idea would be to have a bit more of a "closed beta" than just showing my moderators stuff I'm working on. By that I mean inviting a few select users to actually join the dev version of the new game and actually get to experience it and provide feedback while it's being worked on. I dunno. Or possibly a special Discord channel for it so anyone can see what's being done? The latter would include things I'm working on for the current PFQ as well. All of this would be next year, by the way. I'm going to my parents' in like a week for Christmas/New Year and their internet isn't the best XD [EDIT] I'm off to bed; it's late XD Might be on my phone but don't expect much more from me tonight :)
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page