PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Account Breach incident

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 1213141516··· 222324

Lovino's AvatarLovino
ultra.pngc.png

QUOTE originally posted by FireWolf1117

I know the Staff can't enforce that. It's just one of the best ways to protect yourself. The only password I have that is super complex is my Email, cause that would be easy access to all my other accounts. I do, however, have my Passwords written down somewhere that I can easily refer to. So even if it's a bit of a long one, I can remember it. Yes, I do understand what you meant. But people use their Mother's Maiden Name or Name of First Pet in their Passwords, which is why I have issues with those types of Security Questions being asked. Also...I really love your layout! Red and Gold is my favorite color combination! ***** I like the idea of the Pin Password in addition to the normal one. After all, most everyone should have Credit/Debit cards (I don't) or even phone passwords that they have to enter. Remembering a 4-6 Digit Pin to enter would be quite the simple fix.
thats what mine was talking about with the pin pfq could generate a random pin for your account when you sign up google uses it as a optional step for 2 step verification :D
profile picture sprites created by https://pokefarm.com/user/sojussimblr
hayday6's Avatarhayday6
master.pngc+.png
hey im wondering why was this not discovered before? Was it a matter of gathering evidence? did you guys know amd could not make move? Can this happen again? Just seems like stuff like this should not happen and am wondering why it took such time to discover also whats to stop this user from makeing a new acc and doing the same things?
Hexcadia's AvatarHexcadia
master.pngd.png
@Hayday6 I'm a bit confused by this post- I'm going to go ahead and say this is the first time I've ever seen/heard of anything of this sort happening on any site, let alone pfq. I have a feeling this is their first time dealing with it and wanted to point out that I've never heard of someone doing this before despite my long history with online, highly social games such as this one. @Lovino I like this idea as well, It's a good idea to have a personalized code, and I suppose if someone were to forget the code they coould use a "I forgot my code" system to recieve an email reconfirming the code to them. @Firewolf1117 I have personally never used a name or anything of the sort for a password on it's own, but rather use things that you'd have to deeply know me to understand; such as my first email's password being the name of my favourite book characters along with my birthdate combo. -> I also love this template so thank you! Just remember to give props to King vesper for making it ! <3
naeriie's Avatarnaeriie
grandmaster.pngs.png
@Hayday6 I'd assume its because people, while clicking others dont tend to open each individual pokemon and look at their timelines, if they did, this would have been discovered sooner. There's so many pokemon in the thief's fields with "never for trade" "return to ____ if lost" and they're all from inactive users. This was only discovered recently as someone noticed a pokemon missing, and staff have jumped on the case as of today. The accounts stolen from were last active over 1-2 years ago, so they were unlikely to log in to even find theyd been stolen from EDIT: Its also a sad reality that some people will never log back in and never know they were stolen from
Frezgle's AvatarFrezgle
grandmaster.pngc+.png
@Beetlejuices: Not to be negative, but an option to get your PIN e-mailed to you would entirely defeat the purpose of a PIN... It's meant to be known to you and you only, and not whoever else might be accessing your e-mail. ;p Also: Y'all please look into password managers. Most browsers come with one built-in. As secure as your think your password is, if it's made out of actual words or names (yes, even with numbers sprinkled in), it's easy to brute force. Managers will give you strong passwords that look like raw keysmash and remember them for you.
pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty
master.pngc.png
Looking through the fields at all the "not for dex trade" or "a gift" makes me mad. Can these Pokemon be removed from this person's account and returned in any way? Even if the person doesn't log in again...?
⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle
Lovino's AvatarLovino
ultra.pngc.png

QUOTE originally posted by Frezgle

@Beetlejuices: Not to be negative, but an option to get your PIN e-mailed to you would entirely defeat the purpose of a PIN... It's meant to be known to you and you only, and not whoever else might be accessing your e-mail. ;p Also: Y'all please look into password managers. Most browsers come with one built-in. As secure as your think your password is, if it's made out of actual words or names (yes, even with numbers sprinkled in), it's easy to brute force. Managers will give you strong passwords that look like raw keysmash and remember them for you.
thats why you need a generated 2 or 3 codes i dont knownif i added that in my own post
Terabbit's Avatarhypermode-12.pngTerabbit
mod21433.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngb+.png

QUOTE originally posted by pixelkitty

Looking through the fields at all the "not for dex trade" or "a gift" makes me mad. Can these Pokemon be removed from this person's account and returned in any way? Even if the person doesn't log in again...?
I think that's being worked on currently. I'd also just like ti maybe point out something i noticed. In the main post niet said that karen made away with 1250(pounds?) Of money. I dont know if thats counting currency or not but i really don't think it is. I know that atleast 1600$ usd worth of just onsite currency was spent on just 3 pokemon. So there's a huge losses in currency that aren't being considered in the over all scheme of things. Its so huge and it would be so hard for the mods to calculate it. Honestly i wouldn't be surprised if 5000$ worth of onsite currency was switched around from theft victim to innocent melan seller/item buyer. It's really bizarre.
credit
Background drawn by DestinySquared on twitter OCs belong to myself and axelbby based off Mass Effect F2U code by Gumshoe Icon by me
Hexcadia's AvatarHexcadia
master.pngd.png
@Terabbit I have a bit of a feeling that all together she's possibly had access to a multitude of accounts, which could have allowed her access to moving around the pokemon at ease and allowing for her to trade/gift/resell a long list of pokemon, currencies, etc. For whichever Euro/pound/usd/etc. of her choice- it is truly bizarre to see something happening like this. It's hard to understand how someone could have decided to do something so malicious considering that she made off with a minimum of a calculated 1600usd- and I'm glad it was caught before she could manage any more damage. P.s, Pfq currency is in fact Pounds ^~^ @Frezgle -dm'd- @Naeriie I agree wholeheartedly. I suppose in the effort of possibly returning pokemon to those robbed we should consider that they may never know the difference, and would be offline- never coming back- and that it's not as if they can simply go onto her account to return in a trade/gift format what was taken. I suppose compensation could be made, but I don't think costing out loving site owners even more is a wise thing to suggest. I don't want to suggest that those affected would possibly be pointless to help simply because they've gone inactive- but rather that there's only so much that can be done.
Sir Quackie's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSir Quackie
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Terabbit

QUOTE originally posted by pixelkitty

I think that's being worked on currently. I'd also just like ti maybe point out something i noticed. In the main post niet said that karen made away with 1250(pounds?) Of money. I dont know if thats counting currency or not but i really don't think it is. I know that atleast 1600$ usd worth of just onsite currency was spent on just 3 pokemon. So there's a huge losses in currency that aren't being considered in the over all scheme of things. Its so huge and it would be so hard for the mods to calculate it. Honestly i wouldn't be surprised if 5000$ worth of onsite currency was switched around from theft victim to innocent melan seller/item buyer. It's really bizarre.
That could be the case. I mean, I have brought like 30 melans and more than 25 Z crystal, 20 Shiny Charms etc. from her and many other users in and around PFQ must have bought tons of summmons so this could be really a very BIG scam than we are thinking... Also the legends they sold at dirt cheap price.... Also there are way many Melans that are gifted from users which I think are Off Site for past years... I can't put a price, but a big number can be easily assume like 5000$ which could be true
Team Fire 2024 | Art by LilypadLife
Breakneck Blitz 3rd Place trophy by spidrenam (sprite usage)
PFP made bymøffkat

Pages: 123··· 1213141516··· 222324

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page