PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Account Breach incident

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 21222324

Mog's AvatarMog
Sure sad they walked away with that much money... I hope this doesn't happen again in the future. 2FA would be a nice addition for account security.
𝅘𝅥𝅮 Pickles the Frog𝅘𝅥𝅯
Perroc's AvatarPerroc
I know I've already asked this but I never got answered and my anxiety is kinda soaring- VPNS are tough. This person is IP locked (I think) so they could technically use a VPN to hack onto another persons account and continue from there *Even if the person got the email*, right? Sorry I'm just confused..
"On some level, I think I always understood, that a ship could never really love an anchor."
  • Click?
  • Us too?
  • Records
  • Note!!
Lovely Soup

Lovely Soup

Consumable

(: 0)

A special bowl of soup, made with love! Feed to a Pokémon to boost Happiness by 50.

Sells for 1

Lv. 100 — +4,569,218
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FireRock
Happiness MAX
Sassy nature
Active shiny chain: 1771 Type Race Points: 799 Type Race Highlights: June 2021, Psychic (first place): 3,575
PLEASE NOTE: I have autism and OSDD and struggle with my tone and communicating at times. Because of this, I may be very awkward in DMs at times, but I promise I don't bite!
Character in pfp is Sora from Kingdom Hearts, drawn by my good friend SulphurWolf. For my use only<3
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
It's not really hacking when the password is simple enough to guess it. This is why we stress on having a strong and secure password. But to answer your question... why would they? Their account is locked. The accounts they logged into are locked and/or in the process of getting unlocked by the original owners who go through the Support Centre, verify their identity and have their password reset. Activity check on the VIP lists have been obscured a bit - and you'd need to be logged in anyway to see it.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
Arebani's AvatarArebani
Regarding the 2FA: If it happens I too would prefer to have it connected to my phone rather than to my email, like Blizzard and Final Fantasy 14 do. And it should be optional, so the people who don't like longer logins don't get annoyed but the people who care for security can use it
made by cindacuil from PF1
☼ My Trade Shop ☼
made by cindacuil from PF1
D/S/A UFT, over 2.2k Free Dexes, Boxes, ZC and more~ Frusky design by PFQ ♥ Avatar made by Mollin~
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Arebani

Regarding the 2FA: If it happens I too would prefer to have it connected to my phone rather than to my email, like Blizzard and Final Fantasy 14 do. And it should be optional, so the people who don't like longer logins don't get annoyed but the people who care for security can use it
I've never said anything about email, but I will now: What is your email protected with? Another password. Protecting your PFQ account with, effectively, two passwords... is not 2FA.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
CraftyDawnFox's AvatarCraftyDawnFox

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

- The VIP list no longer shows how long a user has been offline for, instead just showing that they are indeed offline.
If I go to the VIP list in the farm news. I can see how long the people on there have been offline. According to the quoted that should have been fixed?
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by SouthDakotaGirl

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

- The VIP list no longer shows how long a user has been offline for, instead just showing that they are indeed offline.
If I go to the VIP list in the farm news. I can see how long the people on there have been offline. According to the quoted that should have been fixed?
It was subsequently updated. It shows up to 7 days, but no more "4y" offline times :D
I really want to help everyone who has had things stolen. It's clear to see the thief has no conscience other wise they wouldn't do it in first place. Thank you staff for finding and banning them before they could access more accounts.
  • First Tab
  • Second Tab
  • Credit
Feel free to talk to me on these: Chicken Smoothie: Greenbunny1998 Discord: Greenbunny1998 #8985
Code made by Greenbunny1998 Forum Signature Picture is of my cat Coco as a kitten Profile Picture is of my cat Coco
Yunimori's AvatarYunimori
I want to cry. I was one of the ones affected by the breach, and this awful person took the only thing I cared about on this site, and I can't get her back because she was sold. *sigh* Thank you to the staff for doing what you could to return items to us. It is greatly appreciated, I know you're working hard. You deserve all the praise in the world for trying to fix this as best you can. I just don't think I have the will to come back and play now. Not after this. Worked too hard for my Espurr and I just can't repeat that again, it's too much strain on me.
Avatar art made as part of a commission for me by ceilrune on DA: Here Ami is mine, do NOT take her or use her likeness for any reason, thank you. I'm Yunimori on DA! (note: I'm not there much, all art is old. Newer, mostly-unfinished art found on tumblr) Wistsandmagic is my main tumblr blog. I also run OC RP blogs (part of a VERY extensive world), KH RP blogs, a Pokemon OC blog, and a Transformers RP blog. PM me if you want to know their handles, thank you.
Perroc's AvatarPerroc

QUOTE originally posted by Eltafez

It's not really hacking when the password is simple enough to guess it. This is why we stress on having a strong and secure password. But to answer your question... why would they? Their account is locked. The accounts they logged into are locked and/or in the process of getting unlocked by the original owners who go through the Support Centre, verify their identity and have their password reset. Activity check on the VIP lists have been obscured a bit - and you'd need to be logged in anyway to see it.
Ah, okay. I didn't think of that. Thank you, that does put my mind (and the people I'm asking for) at ease.

Pages: 123··· 21222324

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page