PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Account Breach incident

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345··· 222324

TuneSakuNatsu's AvatarTuneSakuNatsu
Oh man, that is not good to say the least. Some people are just the worst, really, I can't find the proper words to describe how disgusted I am right now. I am really sad to see the VIP list activity timer go for different reasons (made dex-trading easier, and I just sometimes checked when my friends last logged in to mock them irl, why they are not playing anymore xD) But there is other way to check if someone is inactive or not... If there is an egg or a even some pokémon in the party, you can always check their timeline... with the eggs it's an easy way to check, if you are active, you won't let them rot for months without hatching, really. But tbh the pokémons need a little bit of observation, but it's easily doable too: if the pokémons are there for literal days without any change in their XP, the player is most likely inactive. (inactive users are not clicked therefore no XP gain on the poke. You'll almost 100% get clicked when you are logged in, because you jump to the top of the active users list, if I am correct) Edit: With that I do not want to suggest a ban of some kind on the timeline, so please, don't, I just shared another way to still do the 'spot the inactive players' activity... ^^"
Avatar is made by HotTubz ordered here. Collecting (mostly) missing and special deltas + deltas for Trebor! Pm me, please~ <3 ~*~*~¤~*~*~
Don't want to fall behind with the new sprites? Sprite discovery thread~ and you can discuss them in the Sprite Discovery Discussion~
Hakano Riku's AvatarHakano Riku
I wouldn't actually say the egg/timeline thing is the most accurate. I haven't had anything in my party for about a week now, and I've seen users who check in weekly despite having eggs/Pokémon in their party for over a month before. It can be a way, but it's not 100% accurate like the VIP offline time was. Bweh, I also used that feature to check when to clear out my VIP list of users that've quit, to know which staff members are online to ask about something now instead of needing to wait potentially a full day for an answer, shops and trades, et cetera. Many reasons it was useful, and I'm already missing it lmao
Avatar of Dian Rubens from Spice & Wolf
Type Race Score: 0
Type Race Clicklist: HERE
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
Man... i like super hate to be 'that' person, but i don't think RMT should be affected by other users inability to create a secure password mixed with an incredibly malicious individual. Don't get me wrong, this is terrible and i am in shock this happened. But that doesn't change that mamy people who use RMT to be successful onsite will be absolutely ruined if it is no longer allowed. Ie i am CAD and CAD to USD is 1:0.75 where CAD to GBP is 1:0.58 and i really struggle to justify buying zc at gbp with these rates. And i know theres other CAD and AUD who feel the same. I'm really curious who the user is because I wonder if I have personally purchased from them 🤔 Could people who paid with PayPal file claims for stolen items to take the money back??
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
Arebani's AvatarArebani

QUOTE originally posted by TuneSakuNatsu

I am really sad to see the VIP list activity timer go for different reasons (made dex-trading easier, and I just sometimes checked when my friends last logged in to mock them irl, why they are not playing anymore xD) But there is other way to check if someone is inactive or not... If there is an egg or a even some pokémon in the party, you can always check their timeline... with the eggs it's an easy way to check, if you are active, you won't let them rot for months without hatching, really. But tbh the pokémons need a little bit of observation, but it's easily doable too: if the pokémons are there for literal days without any change in their XP, the player is most likely inactive. (inactive users are not clicked therefore no XP gain on the poke. You'll almost 100% get clicked when you are logged in, because you jump to the top of the active users list, if I am correct) Edit: With that I do not want to suggest a ban of some kind on the timeline, so please, don't, I just shared another way to still do the 'spot the inactive players' activity... ^^"
And what if they have an empty party? It's not that uncommon ^^" Checking fields won't work since most people don't click fields.
made by cindacuil from PF1
☼ My Trade Shop ☼
made by cindacuil from PF1
D/S/A UFT, over 2.2k Free Dexes, Boxes, ZC and more~ Frusky design by PFQ ♥ Avatar made by Mollin~
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Just dropping in while in line at the shop to say that "up to 7 days inactive" idea is actually one I had. It's certainly an option. No promises but yeah, we're thinking about it.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
naeriie's Avatarnaeriie
First of all, wow, just wow. I'd like to believe that people aren't malicious enough to do this sort of thing, but of course thats wishful thinking. Now I'm worried that I've purchased something from this user in the past and aided in their crime. As to the RMT thing, I'll chime in with what other users said. Buying for USD from other users was cheaper than buying from the site, especially when your dollar is garbage. It's fantastic the other way when selling though. :P I hope some kind of reasonable conclusion to this is met. I do feel like having activity shown up to a week would be a really good comprimise though for the VIP lists. When I was more active I relied on it a lot for knowing when users were around for trades or messages, Or if they were ignoring me XD
Hikari's AvatarHikari
First of all, I'm so sorry for anyone affected by this. Second...just a thought that comes to mind regarding password security. Would it be a possibility to force users to change their password every X months? It's a system I've seen used both at my workplace and some other websites. In our case it also runs a check if a password, or one similar to it, has been used prior, and forbids you from using it. That way people will eventually be forced to come up with more unique, and thus most likely more secure passwords.
Image is official art from Dissidia: Final Fantasy.

QUOTE originally posted by naeriie

Buying for USD from other users was cheaper than buying from the site, especially when your dollar is garbage.
Just because the number is smaller, doesn't mean it's cheaper. That's not how currencies works. For a comparison, a coffee from Starbucks in NY costs about $5. The same coffee costs £3.20 over here. For the same thing. The number is not important. It's the spending power that is. (Even worse here, $5 is about £3.80, so it's actually cheaper value-wise over here XD)
naeriie's Avatarnaeriie

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by naeriie

Buying for USD from other users was cheaper than buying from the site, especially when your dollar is garbage.
Just because the number is smaller, doesn't mean it's cheaper. That's not how currencies works. For a comparison, a coffee from Starbucks in NY costs about $5. The same coffee costs £3.20 over here. For the same thing. The number is not important. It's the spending power that is.
I mean its cheaper in the way that I either spend $9.17AUD for 500zc from the site or $6.97AUD when I buy it from a user selling it for USD. So I'd rather take the $7 option than the $9 one. Thats how I justify buying USD rather than from the Zophan page. I hope that makes the point I was trying to get at a bit clearer. ^^; It'd just help if we had a global currency ahaha
Ah, yes. As a buyer that makes a lot of sense XD Whoever's selling it to you is the one losing out here. Carry on!

Pages: 12345··· 222324

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page