PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Account Breach incident

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 192021222324

SaberStar2's AvatarSaberStar2

QUOTE originally posted by Fuchsfee

It's really sad to see that staff usually not makeing the name of users public who caused some sort of problem on the site does have a really good reason after all...
It is public, in the first post. It's in a hidebox because there are some users who just rather would not see the username.
made by meikorn
Help me out? :) avie by me, button by Ultimate Fish
GS balls
It really makes me sick that a really horrible and selfish person (biting my toungue because I really want to say worse) would access accounts, take their stuff that they worked hard on or means a lot to them then sell it. There's loads of reason why someone would be unactive for a while. They could be very ll (like cancer), family stuff and more. One of my worries is this (enter what you like) could be making another account and we would have no idea.
  • First Tab
  • Second Tab
  • Credit
Feel free to talk to me on these: Chicken Smoothie: Greenbunny1998 Discord: Greenbunny1998 #8985
Code made by Greenbunny1998 Forum Signature Picture is of my cat Coco as a kitten Profile Picture is of my cat Coco
LOKISSON's AvatarLOKISSON

QUOTE originally posted by Greenbunny1998

It really makes me sick that a really horrible and selfish person (biting my toungue because I really want to say worse) would access accounts, take their stuff that they worked hard on or means a lot to them then sell it. There's loads of reason why someone would be unactive for a while. They could be very ll (like cancer), family stuff and more. One of my worries is this (enter what you like) could be making another account and we would have no idea.
honestly, it's depressing. i'm just lucky i had an account name/password that was quite unique. i had been gone for a year.
As above, so below. Even in the sheath the sword must be sharp – so too must the mind and the spirit be within the body. It'd mean a lot to me if you'd check my shop. --> https://pfq.link/~LTdK
Kinshine's AvatarKinshine

Stated before because there ip was banned they are not able to make another account. So that is a good thing. An if they do happen to find a way some how they will be caught and re-banned because we have amazing staff that watch for that. I also agree with you there are many reasons why someone can be inactive as well, such as myself being very ill a lot sometimes I go on small breaks cause I can't click from a hospital or from my bed on those bad days. But overall I hope this never happens again because this is a terrible fate to even witness / hear about / be a victim to too :(
Avatar by: Nettle Bee | Pixel by: Bufuserk

QUOTE originally posted by D33RG0D5

Stated before because there ip was banned they are not able to make another account. So that is a good thing. An if they do happen to find a way some how they will be caught and re-banned because we have amazing staff that watch for that. I also agree with you there are many reasons why someone can be inactive as well, such as myself being very ill a lot sometimes I go on small breaks cause I can't click from a hospital or from my bed on those bad days. But overall I hope this never happens again because this is a terrible fate to even witness / hear about / be a victim to too :(
I hope everything ok
Parafox's AvatarParafox

QUOTE originally posted by SaberStar2

It is public, in the first post. It's in a hidebox because there are some users who just rather would not see the username.
Yes. I know. What I meant was that it's a huge exception that they made it public in the first place. Usually they don't. And it is sad to see that they obviously have a very good reason for that.
My username used to be Fuchsfee. Just call me Fox.
All images used for avatar and signature are recolors by me. Typerace icon made by myself. Only official game sprites used.
Unfezant's AvatarUnfezant
Thank Arceus it’s solved I was so worried that my brother would get hacked ( he does not play anymore)
Avatar from Official Pokemon Anime
Drsweet25's AvatarDrsweet25
I'm really happy they got caught and was banned so they could cause no more harm to anyone else, although the damage was already done. I just think it's really sad that someone went out of their way to 'hack' into other people's accounts and take their stuff to sell for real money. Like Greenbunny said, the inactive players could be solving issues in real life and when they come back, they'll find out that their things got stolen and I can't even imagine how they'd feel. Yes i know it's 'only' a game but some people may have spent real money and lots of time on this site. I was really nervous my friend's sister's account would've been stolen from. And that they used the stolen currency to buy their dream team from other players. Those other players probably had no idea that the person that they sold their melans to was a thief. And the fact that that person was gifting specials to other players to act 'nice' and make it seem less suspicious which is also horrible! I'm just glad their IP was banned and that they (hopefully) have no way to cause any more harm. And I think it's good to know who did it as this person has done something that was really bad and should be known to the public.
Sthakty's AvatarSthakty
What i don't get, is how was this user able to "guess" at some passwords, like mine, wich was a long ago deceased pet's name, in diminutive, and in spanish lenguaje! (i have changed it and don't use the same password in any other site, so it doesn't matter if i say this)
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Sthakty

What i don't get, is how was this user able to "guess" at some passwords, like mine, wich was a long ago deceased pet's name, in diminutive, and in spanish lenguaje! (i have changed it and don't use the same password in any other site, so it doesn't matter if i say this)
Judging by the results I get when I put your registered email address through Have I Been Pwned, I would hazard a guess that your password was one you have used elsewhere, and has since been published as part of data breaches. This is why even non-obvious passwords can be made vulnerable, if you re-use passwords in multiple places.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Pages: 123··· 192021222324

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page