PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Account Breach incident

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 1314151617··· 222324

Tredecim's AvatarTredecim
grandmaster.pngb.png
is it possible for the PF1 transfers to also be stolen? I suddenly thought that it might be a possibility since they managed to breach a bunch of normal accounts so it wouldn't be too farfetched for them to breach the pf1 accounts and transfer them using the PF1 transfer site. Still not totally sure but just throwing this out there!
official gen 6/7 sprites
pfp: by me | signature image: 7 Years From Now
code by me, cleaned up by Carinae
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria
grandmaster.pngss.png

QUOTE originally posted by TrêdëçÎm

is it possible for the PF1 transfers to also be stolen? I suddenly thought that it might be a possibility since they managed to breach a bunch of normal accounts so it wouldn't be too farfetched for them to breach the pf1 accounts and transfer them using the PF1 transfer site. Still not totally sure but just throwing this out there!
I'm pretty sure pf1 Pokemon are account locked, so there's nothing anyone could profit off of.
summon_kyo.pngBuying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling.summon_kyo.png Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
Tredecim's AvatarTredecim
grandmaster.pngb.png

QUOTE originally posted by UnownVelouria

QUOTE originally posted by TrêdëçÎm

I'm pretty sure pf1 Pokemon are account locked, so there's nothing anyone could profit off of.
Ah yes I forgot about that part. Though, if they did, it doesn't change the fact they stole it.
AnkokuFlare's AvatarAnkokuFlare
ultra.pnge+.png
Thanks for bringing this subject to light. I was considering updating my password to something more secure. This served as a good reminder up returning after a hiatus haha. Do hope things sort themselves out over time. I'm glad to hear there are steps being taken to prevent such scandals.
|
SaberStar2's AvatarSaberStar2
grandmaster.pngb.png
I'm not sure if this had been asked yet, but would there be a way to retrieve the stolen pokemon that are still in possession of the account? I looked through and there is an alarming number of first on site melans and I'm sure those people would be more than happy to get them back :(
made by meikorn
Help me out? :) avie by me, button by Ultimate Fish
u.pngGS ballsu.png
Eltafez's Avatarhypermode-12.pngEltafez
supermod34.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngss.png

QUOTE originally posted by hayday6

hey im wondering why was this not discovered before? Was it a matter of gathering evidence? did you guys know amd could not make move? Can this happen again? Just seems like stuff like this should not happen and am wondering why it took such time to discover also whats to stop this user from makeing a new acc and doing the same things?
This had been jumped on it as soon as we found out, and the perpetrator's account was locked soon after verifying that there were indeed stolen goods. Methos then spent roughly 7 hours going through trades checking what had been stolen and what trades were legitimate. Edit as I missed out on the last question: The thief had been targeting users that had been inactive for longer periods of time. This is why we adjusted the offline status in VIP lists.

QUOTE originally posted by Terabbit

QUOTE originally posted by pixelkitty

Looking through the fields at all the "not for dex trade" or "a gift" makes me mad. Can these Pokemon be removed from this person's account and returned in any way? Even if the person doesn't log in again...?
I think that's being worked on currently. I'd also just like ti maybe point out something i noticed. In the main post niet said that karen made away with 1250(pounds?) Of money. I dont know if thats counting currency or not but i really don't think it is. I know that atleast 1600$ usd worth of just onsite currency was spent on just 3 pokemon. So there's a huge losses in currency that aren't being considered in the over all scheme of things. Its so huge and it would be so hard for the mods to calculate it. Honestly i wouldn't be surprised if 5000$ worth of onsite currency was switched around from theft victim to innocent melan seller/item buyer. It's really bizarre.
The total is a minimum, really. It only counts ZC values and anything that has a hard value on the site. If we took into account estimates (I'm purposely saying estimates instead of market values) of things like summon items and melans, the latter alone would add another two thousand pounds.

QUOTE originally posted by SaberStar2

I'm not sure if this had been asked yet, but would there be a way to retrieve the stolen pokemon that are still in possession of the account? I looked through and there is an alarming number of first on site melans and I'm sure those people would be more than happy to get them back :(
Users that have been stolen from were sent an email to contact staff to retrieve their things (if that is at all possible).
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
Rory's AvatarRory
grandmaster.pngss.png
The name doesn't ring a bell but I remember dexing that Arceus. They're not even that smart, half of the Melan in their fields have "if lost return to" with a completely different name... They're a thief and not even that smart, since one's not supposed to get caught... Anyway it's horrible. I hope they'll get kicked out of every game they play. If they stole from here, what stops them from doing it elsewhere too??
img official by Honkai Impact 3rd
Jiguzaguma's AvatarJiguzaguma
grandmaster.pngb.png
I don't have time to read the entire thread I'm afraid but this is awful, why some people are greedy enough to go to such lengths is beyond me. Good luck with the investigation. I did want to throw my opinion on RMT in here though for what it's worth, and apologies if I'm repeating what someone else has said. I would like RMT trading to continue onsite. Why punish those who are genuine? I make ZC from making art here, and while it's not a fortune, I'd like to think that I can exchange that ZC for cash at a later point- as a young adult who works a full time job and in their spare time likes to play Pokefarm and make art, every little helps towards my future, yknow. I genuiely had my first Paypal commission here the other week and that filled me with so much joy (as lame as that sounds).
Blakbird's AvatarBlakbird
grandmaster.pngb.png
Now that I think about it, I wonder if the random surge in market average values that Jade Orbs had not that long ago was because of this user? (Sorry for the mouthful of a sentence, it's almost 5 in the morning, and I've been awake since 330 for some reason.) I do remember seeing their fields full of Rayquaza eggs even when Jade Orbs were surging in price, and a LOT of Jades were bought all at once for up to really high prices in the market. I was a bit envious at the time that they could keep up the hunt so well when I was struggling to gather my own Jades for my ongoing Magquaza hunt. I thought, "Hey, good for them to be able to afford all that." Ugh. This truth is pain. Ah, heck. I'm just glad there's been a stop put to this, but it's still very upsetting at all the profit they've made, even with in-game currencies just by "gifting" it to themselves from someone else's account. I assume, of course, that that's how they were able to afford Jade Orbs... and likely so much more.
Jordon and Terran are retired now. How relaxing!
Selling any Ghost Delta Pokémon?
Delta Ghost
Let me know! I collect them.
summon_ray.png 51% gathered. 498 hatched! Buying these for ZC. summon_maq.png
Icon art by me. I have a free field of Pokémon! It's before the UFT fields.
Best way to get a hold of me offline is via PFQ's Discord server. I'm a casual player now!
Clairefairy's AvatarClairefairy
grandmaster.pngc+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Blakbird

Now that I think about it, I wonder if the random surge in market average values that Jade Orbs had not that long ago was because of this user? (Sorry for the mouthful of a sentence, it's almost 5 in the morning, and I've been awake since 330 for some reason.) I do remember seeing their fields full of Rayquaza eggs even when Jade Orbs were surging in price, and a LOT of Jades were bought all at once for up to really high prices in the market. I was a bit envious at the time that they could keep up the hunt so well when I was struggling to gather my own Jades for my ongoing Magquaza hunt. I thought, "Hey, good for them to be able to afford all that." Ugh. This truth is pain. Ah, heck. I'm just glad there's been a stop put to this, but it's still very upsetting at all the profit they've made, even with in-game currencies just by "gifting" it to themselves from someone else's account. I assume, of course, that that's how they were able to afford Jade Orbs... and likely so much more.
She legitimately borrowed and paid for the use of my supplier passes on various occasions. At least 5-6 times so that could account for 350-420 of her eggs. But I don’t doubt she stole summon items, boxes, seals or just bought a lot of boxes/seals with stolen currency. I heard she had sold supplier passes to others after her hunt as well. She had traded a ridiculous amount of gracidea seeds to me which I initially just thought that maybe she was a collector that gave up since seeds aren’t hard to come by.
Currently buying: summon_jir.png × 238 / 500 summon_los.png × 22 / 400 Avatar by Breepi Signature by AnkokuFlare

Pages: 123··· 1314151617··· 222324

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page