PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Account Breach incident

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 1011121314··· 222324

Kiwani's AvatarKiwani
master.pngc+.png
I saw some of the names that this person stolen their melans from, and I know one of them, as I trade with them before. I am just speechless that this person just...I just don't know what to say, other than it just disgusts me that people would do this and take what others had work so hard to obtain, or had been gifted to them from friend's of theirs.
*11/300 Fujin's Lamp All avatar credit of Nathaniel the Natu goes to Sina142's joint art shop.
Tyjoh's AvatarTyjoh
master.pngc.png
It's such a shame to recognise the name of the perpetrator, I remember seeing them in type race threads and I even remember when they hatched that melan Rayquaza, I wonder how much of the resources used in that hunt was actually theirs? So sorry to all affected, hopefully maybe the stolen melans in their account can be returned :(
Collecting: summon_zyg.pngsummon_deo.png
Sir Quackie's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSir Quackie
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngb+.png
I feel really bad, I had literally bought a lot of items from this user in form of Z Crystal , Shiny Charms, Melans etc. I should have got my bells ringing when they agreed to sell melans at much less than DP price. I even saw the history of a few melans history and saw that each and everyone was gifted, but it wasn't spontaneous i.e. it was like a month before so I never felt like that. Although it was still not so convincing how they got so many items.. Like I knew that she had atleast 50+ hoard of each and every summon item, it never struck me I hope whoever has lost any items or pokemon due to this user gets it back and they should be given a good lesson for there work. Edit: Also the fact that they went on a very very expensive Raquaza hunt and 2 days before, nobody would have heard there name in past....
Team Fire 2024 | Art by LilypadLife
Breakneck Blitz 3rd Place trophy by spidrenam (sprite usage)
PFP made bymøffkat
Animestia's AvatarAnimestia
master.pngd+.png
I always had my suspicions about the user in question. They were able to rise up so quickly, gather so many expensive resources in such a short time, but I never expected something like this.. nothing to this magnitude. I felt bad after obtaining a few special pokemon that were being gifted away by hacked users, but seeing just how high that cost really was is just.. unthinkable I can't offer much, but if anyone affected needs someone to talk to, I'm here. If I can do anything to help don't hesitate to ask.
Avatar: Official Venti 2020 birthday Artwork, Edited by me
Hexcadia's AvatarHexcadia
master.pngd.png
I appreciate the effort you guys are putting into this; and I hope everyone/everything settles well. Thanks for the update as well Garthic; best of luck to preventing anything similar from happening in the future. Personally I think a two-step login authentication is what I'd reccomend, such as a login of the password followed by "what is your lucky number?" Or something similar being needed to complete the login. This would be an additional step added when making the account, possibly hand selecting a second-step question option from a drop down menu in order to add to the difficulty of someone being able to guess the answer. Some of these questions could be similar to "What is your mother's name?" "What is your maiden name?" etc. In order to ensure that the person would have to be known personally in order to answer the question. In reference to the user in question, I've never interacted with them which is something I'm grateful for. I'd be disappointed to find how much money this person made off of myself. I feel if prompted with a secondary question such as this, the inability to respond with an answer without knowing the person personally would have stopped her entirely; or at least heavily limited her to anyone who's question selected was something more simple- such as "What's your favourite number?" or by guessing common first names. I'd love some input on this idea and will openly welcome any responses in the form of posts and pms; and will happily edit this post if requested. Those affected are also more than welcome to speak to me if they feel I'm misinformed or they have other input to my suggestion. Thank you for taking the time to read such a long post.
LaveriaDreams's AvatarLaveriaDreams
complete.pngb.png
I've seen the user around when I was clicking. I don't remember if I've actually bought anything off them (I hope not). I'm going to be checking my shiny and albino hoard just to check, if only for my own peace of mind. I deeply sympathize with anyone who had items stolen from them by this user, and I am grateful that Niet and the rest of the staff brought this up. If there's a silver lining to this, it'll be making a lot of us more conscious about our account security
SakuraWolf23's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSakuraWolf23
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png
I am definitely against Security Questions being a form of two-step login because people answer these without thinking ALL THE TIME on those Social Media pics of "What's your Angel Name?" or whatever. That said...Blizzard has a neat little two step, where every time you attempt to log in, it displays a code on the screen. That same code is displayed on the Verification App on your phone. And you simply tap "Accept" or "Decline" to verify that it's you logging in. That would require members to sign up using their Mobile phone, and most people don't want to give out any personal info to sites (despite the fact that ALL of your info except passwords is public knowledge anyway). It would likely also cause problems for players who share a single Cell AND IP. Although, it could be sent to Email. Overall, getting a decent two step authorization to work with everyone is going to take some thought. The BEST method of protection is for people to use decent Alphanumeric Passwords, as they're much harder to crack. And I don't mean things like P455W0RD. That's easy. I mean things like...EtErnaL5thGuaRdiaN or something of the sort. It has Capitals, Lowercase, and a number. AND the mix of Upper and Lowercase would take considerable time to crack.
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din || Tai'shar Manetheren! SamanthaNBishop on Archive of our Own and Wattpad! Gaming || Writing || Pokemon Fan Fic: Angel of the Shadows Avatar of Trainer, Alexandria "Angel" Flamel, by Me Banner for me by Furret on PokeHeroes. Do not use without permission.
Iceland's AvatarIceland
arceus.pnga+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Beetlejuices

I appreciate the effort you guys are putting into this; and I hope everyone/everything settles well. Thanks for the update as well Garthic; best of luck to preventing anything similar from happening in the future. Personally I think a two-step login authentication is what I'd reccomend, such as a login of the password followed by "what is your lucky number?" Or something similar being needed to complete the login. This would be an additional step added when making the account, possibly hand selecting a second-step question option from a drop down menu in order to add to the difficulty of someone being able to guess the answer. Some of these questions could be similar to "What is your mother's name?" "What is your maiden name?" etc. In order to ensure that the person would have to be known personally in order to answer the question. In reference to the user in question, I've never interacted with them which is something I'm grateful for. I'd be disappointed to find how much money this person made off of myself. I feel if prompted with a secondary question such as this, the inability to respond with an answer without knowing the person personally would have stopped her entirely; or at least heavily limited her to anyone who's question selected was something more simple- such as "What's your favourite number?" or by guessing common first names. I'd love some input on this idea and will openly welcome any responses in the form of posts and pms; and will happily edit this post if requested. Those affected are also more than welcome to speak to me if they feel I'm misinformed or they have other input to my suggestion. Thank you for taking the time to read such a long post.
I can say that maybe "i agree" about adding a second password, time ago i just played an Online Game named DMO (Digimon Masters Online) after this game got hacked of the same kind like here, the mods added the second password (a number code, so for users can be secure to access to the site) So with the main password and the number code, the hacker can't access easily like before and steal value items/Pokemon.
  • -
    Wick
  • -
    Chic
Name: Icey/Wick I share IP with my sibling Hyuse Bad Container in IDV, Good Student (busy at much) Secretly i am "Prisoner" Lil Balsa =P
Current Avatar: By:Leon_albertus or @ghostpetrichor_ on twitter FTU Credits: . MY SHOP:KING OF THE BEASTS OPEN NOW!
Progress to level 4
41.06% Dark Gem progress
Tamakoma - 2 stan!! Well, Ru out i will play with trainer see ya! (Art By: Gaelson)
credits

credits

Code & Divider @RAINB0W Background Image @Unsplash Bouncing Pixels @Nunka
Mirzam's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMirzam
helpinghand.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pnga.png

QUOTE originally posted by Frezgle

E-mail notifications for if you've logged in from somewhere weird would be a plus also, if that's possible. That's uh, saved my butt on other sites/games a few times. I've made my password situation better since then, I swear :p
I like this idea. I have a question/concern though - I've heard a lot of people talk about how their linked email isn't correct anymore, and in my professional work I have a lot of people with that problem that too - so I wonder how many people it would have saved? I think it may still be worth it though especially if it's not hard to implement.

QUOTE originally posted by FireWolf1117

Blizzard has a neat little two step, where every time you attempt to log in, it displays a code on the screen. That same code is displayed on the Verification App on your phone. And you simply tap "Accept" or "Decline" to verify that it's you logging in.
Niet said earlier he doesn't want to make a dedicated 2FA app for Pokefarm. Much better imo to use one of the standard 2FA types - the ones compatible with many 2FA apps (Google Authenticator, Authy, the Windows one someone mentioned several pages back, etc). This way it doesn't matter what type of device someone uses, there is probably a compatible app for it, even if typing a code is a little more tedious than just clicking "accept" in an app. Personally, I would *not* use 2FA here if it meant I had to install an app on my phone, but I might use it if I can add it to my existing 2FA app.
pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty
master.pngc.png
Edit: went back. Bought with stolen money is just as gross.
⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle

Pages: 123··· 1011121314··· 222324

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page