PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Account Breach incident

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Account Breach incident >

SakuraWolf23's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSakuraWolf23
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png
I am definitely against Security Questions being a form of two-step login because people answer these without thinking ALL THE TIME on those Social Media pics of "What's your Angel Name?" or whatever. That said...Blizzard has a neat little two step, where every time you attempt to log in, it displays a code on the screen. That same code is displayed on the Verification App on your phone. And you simply tap "Accept" or "Decline" to verify that it's you logging in. That would require members to sign up using their Mobile phone, and most people don't want to give out any personal info to sites (despite the fact that ALL of your info except passwords is public knowledge anyway). It would likely also cause problems for players who share a single Cell AND IP. Although, it could be sent to Email. Overall, getting a decent two step authorization to work with everyone is going to take some thought. The BEST method of protection is for people to use decent Alphanumeric Passwords, as they're much harder to crack. And I don't mean things like P455W0RD. That's easy. I mean things like...EtErnaL5thGuaRdiaN or something of the sort. It has Capitals, Lowercase, and a number. AND the mix of Upper and Lowercase would take considerable time to crack.
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din || Tai'shar Manetheren! SamanthaNBishop on Archive of our Own and Wattpad! Gaming || Writing || Pokemon Fan Fic: Angel of the Shadows Avatar of Trainer, Alexandria "Angel" Flamel, by Me Banner for me by Furret on PokeHeroes. Do not use without permission.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page