PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Implementing A 'Block' Feature

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

Pages: 123··· 7879808182··· 858687

Sanae, I think you're misreading something here. Colourful is saying he doesn't want blocked people to be shown on the clickback list, which is individual to each user. So if colourful blocked me, and I clicked him, I would still see everything from it, but he would not see my name on the clickback list. There is no blacklisting involved.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by KatieKomics

He said he couldn't implement it becuase it wasn't asked for, something like that. My apologies, I can't recall specifically but I had asked on their thread somewhere from a few days ago to a week or two ago. I don't mean to be pedantic, memory is not my strong suit
I mean... What's the point of a "user"script if the users can't decide what's in it? I suppose it's possible that if a feature is too "out there" then I might decline to sanction it but what you said seems kinda silly imo.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Sanae Kochiya's AvatarSanae Kochiya
fair enough, i read it the other way around. anyways. it is an interesting idea for sure. and from the sound of it, you all agree to my misread explanations, so theres nothing more to say from here :)
profile picture made by the lovely Terabbit~ Albino colors belong to pfq~
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
This is what I assume Katie is referring to?

QUOTE originally posted by DrWho

Hi Katie! Glad you're asking this in the thread because a few people in PMs asked this too. Yes it's possible, but I want to follow the suggestion Implementing-A-Block-Feature which prefers to anonymise over a hard block. So I understand your request and appreciate the suggestion, but I won't be implenting it like this.
"Blocking users will not prevent them from interacting with you, or you from interacting with them. They will still show up in your "Open 10," "Users Online," "Clickback," and even "Pokérus." Blocking a user will cause their username to show up censored when you come across it in the future." https://pokefarm.com/forum/post/5673278 "The entire point of the second version is that it doesn't impact clicking. The script that's been set up is very close to what we wanted" https://pokefarm.com/forum/post/5673278
I would suggest asking Who directly for what they think instead of speculation, though, haha. -- I guess to be a bit more on-topic, I would not mind blocked users not appearing in clickback lists.
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp from Dungeon Meshi ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
JoanOfArceus's AvatarJoanOfArceus
Aha! Yes! I did remember this! Thank you Gumshoe ;-;
WIP - Assets are from DDLC
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan
I took so long to type this all out that its resolved already LMAO I'm so sorry. I'll post it anyways but I get that it's solved and that Sanae Kochiya misunderstood! <3
@KatieKomics Dr Who, from what I remember, didn't support the concept of a "hard block", and such would not make it, as he stated in this post.
@Sanae Kochiya I'm sorry, but I still have no idea what you're talking about. From reading your response 4-5 times, it just sounds to me like you're against the concept of custom click lists (which are already in game and have been) and against the block feature all together. If a user creates a custom click list that looks like this; "https://pokefarm.com/users/username1,username2,username3,etc," then I don't think a browser side extension can edit that to remove anyone's name. If I have username2 blocked, they will still show up on this custom click list. The clicklists that I'm talking about are the clickbacks, (Open 10) and the open all lists. These are the only lists that would be affected. These lists are auto generated by the site. They cannot be shared. You will get different results from clicking these links. They are generated based on the player. Because of this -- I would prefer if they could be generated with the player's block list in mind. If I select Open all, and username2 is randomly in there -- I'd prefer that this 'extension' or the official block feature would notice username2 in that list, and take them out. This would only effect me, and potentially username2 (by not getting clicks). I understand that one of the biggest concern right now is that if a large amount of people block username2 (our example person), then username2's gameplay is impacted. However -- If enough people block username2 for their gameplay to be significantly or noticeably impacted, there is most likely a blacklist of some kind going around -- which is rightfully against the rules. If enough people block username2, and their gameplay is significantly or noticeably impacted, and there is not blocklist or word of mouth being spread... I would personally argue that that is simply consequences for your actions. Something username2 did, said, named themselves onsite, was obviously enough for a large amount of people to be uncomfortable with them. They have to sit with that.

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se
I was confused because Niet didn't seem to be aware that Who said it wouldn't be implemented? I know I may sound foolish or even dumb but I am now confused as to what the consensus is
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan
Since it's a userscript, Niet's saying that the users decide what goes in it. He doesnt seem to consider that an outlandish or horrid thing to put in the userscript. It's up to Dr Who basically.
I don't know how to modify scripts, I'd need help with that aha,, sorry to bother about this
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan
I understand CSS fairly well, but I'll be honest, I don't understand the tampermonkey scripts well enough to edit them and have them do what I want. I may take a look at the block script and fiddle with it, but I don't expect much. Right now, I'd like to just platform that idea as an official feature if/when we get an official block feature.

Pages: 123··· 7879808182··· 858687

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page