PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Implementing A 'Block' Feature

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

Pages: 1234··· 858687

Obstagoon's AvatarObstagoon
Okay, I tried my damndest to find the thread I brought this up in before, but couldn't find it. I had proposed coding to put in with a block feature. Basically, say you want to block a user because of just, not wanting to interact with them or them leaving a distaste in your mouth that isn't reportable. Wherein when you click the button to block them it brings up a pop-up prompting you to click whether or not you just wish to ignore the user in question or if you'd like to report them. This of course would say something along the lines of "Are you wishing to block this user due to harrassment, rule-breaking, or some other reportable offense?" With a link to the rules perhaps. And if you hit yes it redirects you into the report form instead. This way, people who you would prefer to not interact with you can avoid, and then people who should actually be reported don't get ignored. I don't fully remember all what I had summarized it to, but something similar to this. And any of this can be built upon or changed as well.
Avatar is of my Pokesona and Crazy's pokesona 🦡Ryu - Julian is thy name, 23 earth rotations🦡
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
So i seen a really good post offsite as to why this should be considered. I support. Heres just my personal opinion on the matter. The world isn't black and white. There's so many reasons to be able to block people, because things are more complex in life than rules. Interpersonal relationships end badly, people get abused off-site, people make racist and homophobic comments that look innocent to others but hit hard to those marginalized groups. And a lot of these incidents fall outside the spectrum of the rules. It's almost irresponsible to force people to just 'deal' with users who make them uncomfortable. Especially on a site thats just a game (can i also point out theres blocking features on tons of other games) Theres even reasons to block people ingame, like resellers or people who send nonsense pms. sure they might be 'petty' or whatever but its still within someonea rights to not want to interact with certain users. Especially since blacklists arent allowed. Maybe every ban should require a reason. The ban should be automatic but atleast then if its a serious reason the mods will be notified.
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
FIGURE.09's AvatarFIGURE.09
While blocking does sound like a good suggestion for the site; I'm afraid I'll have to say "no support" due to reasons stated by at least a couple other users in previous posts before mine; this suggestion has been rejected more than multiple times.
zeb | 19 | | ceo of waffles actively hoarding and
score : 0

avatar and sprite by me for my use only!

QUOTE originally posted by Constantine

Just saying this here; while this has been 'rejected' in the past. Times do change and thus for PFQ also does need to change. Things that were rejected along time ago won't be now. So, I'm not going to bump this into rejected. Please discuss and give input.
In response to you Figure. Just because something was rejected doesn't mean it shouldn't be considered. In fact, a block feature WAS approved at one point. Who says it can't be reconsidered
iOlrickx's AvatariOlrickx
Definitely no support for this if it stops you from clicking people, that's the entire point of this site unlike places such as Twitter and I don't care how much you dislike or disagree with someone, that's just not something that should be implemented. If you really don't want to click someone then you can do so manually. Personally I see no need for any sort of block feature on this site since you can simply tell someone not to message or try trading with you and then report them if they don't respect that. If it's really needed however then I see nothing wrong with being able to block someone from sending you messages & trades but how would it work with the forums? I can just picture threads being a mess if certain posts are completely hidden from you.
pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty
I'm going to repeat what I'm sure other people have said (far better than I). There are nasty people who don't break a single rule being nasty. There are people who are blatantly homophobic, racist, or just generally rude. And they don't break a single rule while they do it. I don't want to see their posts clogging up the forum, and I can't report them and have the post deleted because they aren't doing anything "wrong." But they're still being rude on a Pokemon fansite of all things. And it sucks. I don't like dealing with negativity. I can avoid it on nearly every other site besides this one and it sucks. I don't come here to deal with politics or debate my existence. I come here to hatch eggs. And while a lot of stuff is removed by mods, not all of it is. If someone, for example, is suggesting that I shouldn't be allowed to put my pride flag up (similar to an old suggestion) I don't care if the post gets removed. I want to block them. I don't want to see them. It won't bother anyone else that I do this, so why can't I? I say that blocking needs to come with some sort of "reason" required, and that anyone higher than trainer rank (ie mods, mods in training, etc etc) cannot be blocked under any circumstances and is unblocked when the rank changes. Anyway, obvious support. Edit: I also want to add that telling people not to talk to me doesn't mean anything when they are posting publicly on a near constant basis doing the same sort of things.
⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit

QUOTE originally posted by iOlrickx

Definitely no support for this if it stops you from clicking people, that's the entire point of this site unlike places such as Twitter and I don't care how much you dislike or disagree with someone, that's just not something that should be implemented. If you really don't want to click someone then you can do so manually. Personally I see no need for any sort of block feature on this site since you can simply tell someone not to message or try trading with you and then report them if they don't respect that. If it's really needed however then I see nothing wrong with being able to block someone from sending you messages & trades but how would it work with the forums? I can just picture threads being a mess if certain posts are completely hidden from you.
Okay. But why would someones own, personal decision not to interact with another user affect you? If you wouldn't use it what does it matter to you yourself? You'd rather people HAVE to interact with users thag make them uncomfortable or actively disagree with their existence or rights as a human because "interactions". Thats not really a fair stance because there so many reasons to block others. And if it doesn't affect you what does it matter?
On some forums where you can block people (and on discord) when the person you have blocked posts a hidebox on their post. Usually saying that you have the user in question set to ignore or you have them blocked. WITH the option to view the post if you so please.
pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty
Missed Obsta's post, my mistake.
danu's Avatardanu
a block feature would be nice, in my opinion- even if we lived in a political vacuum, some people are just plain rude and obnoxious and its not unreasonable to want to avoid those types of people on the site. but the fact of the matter is, when more lives are at stake, political opinions carry more weight. we're in a serious crisis right now and people are taking it, well, seriously. everyone has a limit to how much they can tolerate, regardless of how mature they are. PFQ should be an escape from stress, not a reminder of it.

Pages: 1234··· 858687

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page