PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Implementing A 'Block' Feature

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

Pages: 123··· 7778798081··· 858687

JoanOfArceus's AvatarJoanOfArceus
I literally only said I don't want people I've blocked in my clicklist. You don't need to know who I have history with and you never will because 1. Why would I share that and 2. It's already against site rules. I just don't want to click them back, they can click me as much as I want I'm a rus hunter and it's unavoidable
WIP - Assets are from DDLC
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan
Not entirelly sure what you're talking about at all Sanae Kochiya. Do you mean that blocking people = making a blacklist? I would agree that sharing your block list with others and encouraging them to block the same users would be a blacklist -- which is rightfully against the rules and should not be done. The feature I'm talking about, which has been discussed in lenght throughout the thread, would make it so that if I select my clickbacks, and a user I've blocked has clicked me, their name and profile will not appear in my clickbacks. Ideally, this would apply to the 'open ten' and the 'open all online' clicklists as well, but right now I just wanted some clarification from staff on if this was even open to debate at all.

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se
Please don't misunderstand, I never intend to make a shareable list of people I don't click. That's for me to know, and I do know of other users who wish they could just mass click without seeing people they have whatever negative history with in their clickbacks. The person blocked wouldn't be able to tell, they'd still get exp from clicking my eggs (pardon me using myself as an example but I'm trying my best to explain the idea I'm fond of for this feature moving forward) and it wouldn't be a publiscised thing.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
The main technical issue is that blocks are browser-side, and clicklists are server-side. However, it may be possible to, for example, detect which users have been selected on the clicklist and remove the tabs belonging to users you don't want to see. This may result in "Open 10" only opening 9, and it could potentially lead to further issues if the blocked user is the last one (where the "Get more" button would be). So there's barriers. Barriers that can certainly be overcome, but it's not as easy as anyone would like to hope!
I must warn you, however, that this kind of extreme hostility that has been shown in the last few posts is absolutely unacceptable, and is the main reason I don't frequent this thread, or even the whole topic of "blocking users", nearly as much as you might want me to. Behave. All of you. Be respectful of your fellow users, or I will lock this thread and refuse to approach the topic again.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Are you willing to look into it or is the feature impossible? Then again, if people are divided it could be made optional like the block feature already is. I'm not experienced with programming but I was already told by Who, as I mentioned before, that this was possible.
Sanae Kochiya's AvatarSanae Kochiya
it is still blacklisting colorful. because then you can work it around, and add certain names, so that when whoever you wish to blacklist, can be added to the list. this list can be shared to other users, and be used as a reverse blacklist (which is still a blacklist). it is pretty much an idea of witch hunting and organized cyber bullying, that can turn awry if implemented. (from those who maliciously abuses the tool if implemented). the idea in itself would be great for those who have been bullied by other(s) , but it can very easily be turned around and used as a tool, to purpousely ignore users, that you might not know, but are on the list "because i dont like them". excempt: "user who are on the list clicks a group of people. the group of people, are using an organized blacklist, to avoid return clicks to this certain user. some are fully aware who these users are, while others mindlessly use it, because it has one person on the list they dont like. the list can also be used to group in people with certain alignements, and thus being used as a blacklist for that." overall the idea of excempting users in clicks is just a bad idea, as it can and will be abused. i hope this explains my worry with the idea of blocking out certain users ^^ and its all a-okay, well explained katie. totally understandable, to give them the clicks. and i am sure people dont want to use too much time, carefully avoiding users in clickback list if their name is whited/grayed out. and as niet says, lets not get personal in an open discussion, doesnt make one pretty.
profile picture made by the lovely Terabbit~ Albino colors belong to pfq~

QUOTE originally posted by KatieKomics

Are you willing to look into it or is the feature impossible? Then again, if people are divided it could be made optional like the block feature already is. I'm not experienced with programming but I was already told by Who, as I mentioned before, that this was possible.
That'll be up to DrWho to do - I just take what's written and integrate it :)
It isn't blacklisting to quietly block people, bud....... I'm so lost on your point here what are you talking about- it's like you're ignoring what we're saying entirely. Niet, Who said it wouldn't be made because he was under Mod orders- I'd like a direct answer please lolol
What "mod orders"?
He said he couldn't implement it becuase it wasn't asked for, something like that. My apologies, I can't recall specifically but I had asked on their thread somewhere from a few days ago to a week or two ago. I don't mean to be pedantic, memory is not my strong suit

Pages: 123··· 7778798081··· 858687

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page