PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Implementing A 'Block' Feature

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

Pages: 123··· 8081828384858687

Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
You can only change your username once a year, so it's not a huge deal IMO, but it would be nice if it could continue the block regardless. Or, at the very least, it would be nice if this circumvention wouldn't be possible once the Actual Proper block feature is implemented. For this temporary script solution, I'm not sure it's super necessary (or, at the very least, I don't mind if it's something that isn't possible, haha)
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
JoanOfArceus's AvatarJoanOfArceus
I appreciate the added information, I've never tried to change my username on PFQ.
WIP - Assets are from DDLC
DrWho's AvatarDrWho
I looked into it before and no I don't think it's possible with just the script. When the script looks at things like forum posts, messages etc. only the changable username is visible to the script. The permanent user ID is not visible.
Avatar by Kaelwolfur. Sent from my PokéNav
That's a shame, I wonder if there's some way around it. I got a bit of a fright haha
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan
Since you can only change your username once a year, i don’t think it’s that bad. definitely something to keep in mind when this feature is coded in though.

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se
Definitely yes :D
h o r i z o n's Avatarh o r i z o n
I would really love for there to be a way to sync the block list across devices. I just got a new laptop and now I have to redo my block list since it has to be set up separately on each device.
kase. male he/him. 25. bg
f2u @hamha.tumblr.com
|code
@is it necessary + @hercules, edits by me
pixel
@gaelson, commission by @canine
|icon
@gezeichnet
sig image
@jurobii
characters are mine
and @canine's
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan
Heyo! I've got a question for Niet here :3 (I know you're busy! Just let me know if its going to take a while to get back to me, or if you're unsure <3 Communication is epic) Earlier, when the userscripts was implemented, it was mentioned that it was a temporary solution that would kind of patch holes until the proper block feature was set up! I was wondering if we could have some kind of update on that! Where it is in the queue, maybe when you plan to start on it, or what your thoughts on it are so far. The userscript Dr Who set up is really really nice, but has some minor inconveniences that would be super handy to have fixed, and most likely can only be fixed on the pfq server side :P I'm not saying that it has to be done right away or anything, just was curious on the process and all :0 I don't mind if it takes a long time or anything ^^
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan
Please :]
MimicYou's AvatarMimicYou
I hope to see more progress on what is essentially a must have on any sort of social site. The script is great, but currently breaks if someone I have blocked clicks me, I can't use click back easily. I know one of the biggest worries expressed here seemed to be about the block person's experience and the feature being exploited, but it sounds like the arguments that "people will break rules so we can't have rules". Sort of the "if we raise taxes, rather than contribute their fair share businesses will be scummy and leave". Almost anything can be exploited (click lists for instance). Since we already have rules about bullying and harrasment, and this would be specifically on site, the mods can address the act accordingly. I don't see a lot of the detractors addressing the experience for the person who wants to block someone, either, rather they focus on the assumption that the blocked party is innocent or even that blocking is an attack, which I find preposterous. Everyone has a right to remove consent, and that's what this is. Anyway, the worries about the effect on the blocked party and requests to know how to implement it interest me because one explanation for the absence of this feature was that "Pokefarm was going to be a facebook game and we were going to let it handle the blocking". Which would have meant, I assume, completely removing the ability of the blocked party to see or interact with the person who blocked them, which is fairly standard. Blocking removes a lot of chance of an altercation as far as I see it and would make moderating easier. It's been standard on every social online experience I can think of and it hasn't really been to the detriment of any of them. So while I support a full block (which is what would have happened if the game has been a facebook game), the way the script handles forum use seems good to me (an unhide option) but I would like anyone I have blocked not on my clickback list even if they are allowed to click me. As for the Rus complaints, I mean, there is already an option of no one picks up the rus for it to go to a staff member. It's every 15 minutes, so it happens 96 times a day. Many players don't get it every day, how is that one feature more important than the right of someone to not have their experience ruined? But since full block isn't on the table, just don't expose the blocker to the blocker's clicks via the click list, or give that as an optional choice in the block control panel. The idea that the blocked person has a right to message the person who blocked them is ridiculous. Just sent the message to the ether, or release an option to turn off DMs when you release the block feature and have them both send a "this user is not accepting DMs at this time" or something message. And to answer the question Niet posed, no I don't care if someone blocks me and doesn't talk to me about it. Why would I? Everyone has a right to revoke consent at any time for any reason and I don't feel like I am entitled to the time or emotional energy of anyone around me. Not everyone will like me, that's a-ok. :)

Pages: 123··· 8081828384858687

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page