PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Upcoming Nav-Bar Changes (Preliminary)

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234567··· 192021

fictiøn's Avatarfictiøn
Heck yeah! This looks awesome! However I'm so used to it now lmao;; I just wanted to ask, if you do go through with it, when will it happen?
kStormGemini's AvatarkStormGemini

QUOTE originally posted by VoydLust

QUOTE originally posted by cutechem

Can we make it an account option to keep the 'old' setting?
Yeah, I do agree with this. Incase some people just can't get along with any major changes.
Yes, I agree with them. I'm all for cleaning things up but popping everything under "more..." doesn't really fix the problem. You just moved the clutter to a different spot. A less manageable spot for a lot of us it seems. I think, if it's at all possible, that a good compromise would be to have it so the players can decide for themselves what goes where. As in those of us that use a certain feature (i.e. say "clickback") a lot could choose to have it under the drop down with the avatar. Those of us who couldn't care less, could plop said feature into the "more..." section as has been suggested. That way, you still get your cleaner looking top bar but the players have better control of where the things they use the most go. After all, if we're the ones that put it in a spot, we're likely to be able to find and use it with ease. Whereas with it just being pushed into a corner some where... Well, we've all been there, haven't we? Somebody walks into a room, says it's a mess and cleans it up. When you come back from doing something, suddenly you can't find anything because the loon came and moved it all. It was chaos to the person walking in randomly but it was Order to you. Ah well, it's a thought anyway. [flickers uncertainly & a little unhappily]
Winter's Midnight Shop⭐||👑Ka's👑 ♟️pawn or pass♟️|♣️The 1 gp shop♣️|🚘Optimus Prime's Shop🚘 ~*~ ~*~
nikao's Avatarnikao
This changes sound interesting and looks not bad and we need to get used to it then^^, questions may come up after the changes i think^^ im not sure, but could you maybe let the users online stay and our fields, it could make things difficult when you need to find them in 'more', as they are used often...maybe use for them like other did say a scroll bar? the jump button is of no use for me as i go over user online, so it is nice that he is hidden and the pokerus will be gone after this? little sad as i atleast had fun massclick them sometimes^^
🐾 Please support this suggestion from me^_^ support: show upvoted really as up-voted I do look for high or perfect iv poke,love for free or trade/swap...i do trade or swap for high iv poke or perfect pidove^^ with iv friends an friends i like to gift 5-6iv after hunts^_^ ->can trade s-a iv pidove, for zc-gp or credit .
Skoyo's AvatarSkoyo
im more partial to the old nav-bar but having a mix of the best of both would be nice maybe, like having your avatar on the top left but honestly i think potd/v-wave/pokerus should stay where it is (my personal preference would have options on what type of nav-bar you want to use, classic/updated/etc if thats possible at all)
aaaaaAAAAAあああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああ icon by dorgoat
WEREG0TH's AvatarWEREG0TH
i'm all for the changes with the edit avatar and logout button! the bookmarks is gonna take some getting used to, but that's change for ya. not sure how i feel about hiding the pokerus, either :-( pls bring back the shop i'm poor and people overprice things in the market
despacito 10 hours
252/503
361/503
casual doggy collections
credit
Background from official pokemon anime Icon by RoniMaruto of pokesona :3 F2U code by Gumshoe
kaiforest's Avatarkaiforest
I like the text size increase and the general cleanup, but I'd rather have the main menu buttons (farm, lab, market, etc) switched with the bookmarks, and the online list kept out. I go to my bookmarks as often as my party, the shelter, and the market, and since bookmarks are customizable each person can assign whatever pages they use most, rather than having a menu full of compromises. As for the online list, the site is supposed to encourage user interaction, and I think that's best achieved by having a big button that's constantly visible, rather than hidden away in a toggle menu.
Trebor's AvatarTrebor
No, no, no, no, NO! I do not like these changes. First and foremost and most importantly by a long shot is going from 13 single tap always visible navigation buttons - 7 site chosen (forced on us imo) and 6 user chosen ones - plus the 'more' button (which saved one click/tap effectively (farm button, other links tab otherwise) - to 6 site assigned to us ones plus the 'more' button. Personally, I click/tap on My 6 chosen bookmarks Hundreds of times a day, and the site chosen Pokedex one a dozen or more. I might use the 'more' button (or more likely 'farm' then the other links) maybe 10 times in a server day, at most? So this change Alone will add Hundreds of extra navigation steps to each and every day I play, and I play every day. For the want of 1) freeing up space on the front page (for what in specific isn't mentioned, and the why is so weak it means the 2nd reason is the Only one really) thus 2) to give users 'unlimited' bookmarks - to which I say, "To what end?" How manu users have been clamouring for unlimited bookmarks? Or was it just for one or two more? Or, as was offered up as something that was being looked at on at least a few occasions, opening up some or all of the site locked buttons for user chosen ones. That would be a change I could support 100%. This one? Not at all. *-*-*-*-* Now to a few more 'minor' issues (relatively, compared to the one above, but still strongly questioned/opposed by me) - users on line, not only being Very useful information on how busy the site is (relatively) at any given moment, is also a Direct Link to the Users Online page - another page I click on dozens of times on my slowest/least active days, and a hundred + times on MCW's and during the type race. Again Doubling my navigation steps for a/The Key Function of the site (this IS primarily a click site right? And clicking on Other Users the main component of that, no?). Please, if you have to make a change with that part of the navigation bar - hide my currency totals instead, and leave the users online link visible. Seriously, I only need to know those amounts when I am either thinking about, or actually going to spend some of them - and they really don't visibly change unless you do a Ton of clicking in a short time, or complete a transaction. Whereas getting to clicking users should be the Easiest thing to do on site. (And you already have a currency drop down arrow in place you could continue using, right there) - moving 'todays interactions' to the news+ toolbar. Said toolbar that Already gets so crowded at times with so many things happening on the site that you need to use the scroll bar as is to see all of them? You're adding another Permanent entry to that bar? Really? That uncrowds things/makes it visually cleaner? - 'hiding' the logout button under the new avatar image space - not even a tiny bit logical or user friendly compared to the current setup. If new to the site I would have No Idea to tap/click that spot on the screen for that option (to log out). And why is 'Profile' so redundantly one of the avatar drop down menu options when ones clearly visible own user name right next to the Avatar pic already takes you directly to your profile?! Very much hoping these particular issues will be revisited/reverted as suggested above. Or at least very good reasons why not provided.
Special delta collector Team
Savage Spin-Out (Bug)
: 572 pts Current Shiny Hunt 1/248 animated sprite courtesy of blitzydragon (formerly Bryianna88)
TinyBlueCat's AvatarTinyBlueCat
Does look nice, but in my opinion I thik the PotD, VWAVE, and Pokerus should still be visible. The fields button should be too, it's the only tab on the bottom row that I really use (and trust me, I use it A LOT). Thing about pokerus is, I do really like it. I'm an avid rus hunter myself. Sure it gets a little hectic clicking back all the users who have interacted with me during the 15 minutes, but it's worth it because my pokemon and eggs gets double exp. I know it's not used by all users, but we want to encourage people to participate in rus, not to shy them away from it. Besides, hiding the link will make it so the current rus user has less interactions coming in. If people don't see it, they won't click, thus ruining the point of getting rus. At least that's what I think :0 Other than the things I mentioned, the new changes look a lot cleaner and more organised. :3
BlitzyDragon's AvatarBlitzyDragon
I feel like the current style is much more visually appealing and honestly easier to navigate. I really would like an option to go back to the current format, shoving everything under "more" just kinda seems TOO compact.
  • Dogs
  • More Dogs
  • TR
  • Hunt
  • Credits
:100
Currently hunting:Sizzlipede for TR Long term Main hunt: x10 Melan Furfrou
All profile art is by me, DM me if you'd like a commission TR sprite is the pokefarm sprites for Sizzlipede, animated by me
2Kawaii4u's Avatar2Kawaii4u
While I enjoy the addition of the profile image up there, I don't really prefer the other changes. Hiding the 'rus link, and the other daily info (V~Wave, PotD) is generally just a bad idea. I came back from my hiatus to have customizable bookmarks, which made things SO much easier. Removing those in favor of making you click an extra button just to see them defeats the purpose of even having them bookmarked. It looks less cluttered, sure, but I'll have my fingers crossed for there to be an option to toggle back to the way it is right now.

Pages: 1234567··· 192021

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page