PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Upcoming Nav-Bar Changes (Preliminary)

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345··· 192021

Taløn's AvatarTaløn
Overall I don't feel super strongly one way or another - I believe this will help a lot with readability (is that even a word? idk oh well) for some users who may need larger text, and less clutter in the navbar. but also as a lot of others have stated, I'm not a fan of the order being changed in the navbar! party farm shelter market daycare works just fine :o but also I would be 100% for having a setting to toggle between if that isn't too much to ask. I'm sure it wouldn't take long to get used to the new layout but I'm also very accustomed to the way things are laid out now. everything is just one click away!
Avatar by ShayminWright for my use! (current username unknown - pls let me know if you know!!!)
Åkura's AvatarÅkura
Just like how everything was strange navigating around after the recode, I'm sure it'll be easy to adjust to the hidden bookmarks. I don't think it'll be much of a problem to me, and it does make the home screen a lot prettier. c: I mean,,, it's one extra click y'all I do agree, however, that putting the 'rus button away might deter people from hunting for it. I've fallen into the habit of clicking rus, but I'd likely have forgotten about it if I hadn't. It would be nice to do a trial run if possible, just to see how it works out :o
Avatar made by VanillaTiel Check out my Art Thread!
Arsenal's AvatarArsenal
It looks neat, for sure but I am not sure what to think of the bookmarks disappearing from sight. I like them in sight because it are things I frequently access/need to check and with them being more hidden I will probably forget multiple of them. Obviously it is a change I will grow used to, but I am not sure if I like the bookmarks being hidden. Also I liked the potd/vwave etc to be noticable too without needing to click something.
Catnip's AvatarCatnip
i think having the pkrs time, v wave, potd and stuff like that all kinda hidden out of the way is a tad inconvienent. i just like being able to see all that information at a glance. i dont think clicking the more button would be too troublesome though. i like how the bar itself looks. i think it looks a lot more clean and organized than the current one c:
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
Well, the avatar is a nice addition and it definitely looks a lot neater, but I have to admit I'm not a fan of the drop down menu. Well, to be specific I don't like that the "jump" and "clickback" buttons are in the menu. The other things I think I could get used to, but considering this entire game is based around click interactions, it just seems wrong to hide away the buttons that allow us to do that in a menu, rather than having them front and center.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
Manewa's AvatarManewa
While the look is definitely cleaner, I have to agree with all the people who think the bookmarks&interaction thingies shouldn't be hidden behind the more-button. Since the farm-page kinda tracks which tab you had open the last time you left the farm-page, it can take you to most bookmark places just as quickly as the more-pop-up, so the bookmarks would kinda loose their meaning, being hidden like that. The avatar-thing is a cool change though, 100% support on that.
Avatar is a wolverine-fakemon, made by Eggboy in their artshop for my use
Frezgle's AvatarFrezgle
Hmm... After setting up my bookmarks bar the way I like it, I really can't see the advantage of having them now hidden in a submenu. They really don't take up that much space, in my opinion? Aesthetics are one thing but usability and convenience are much bigger things. At least, to me xV As an avid PokeRus hunter, I know it's not a large part of the site that participates in it but... I dunno. I kind of don't want to see it potentially nerfed by hiding it away. Again, it really doesn't seem like it's taking up that much space. The profile link thing looks nice, but how often do people change their avatars that it needs to be a dedicated button? o_o As long as I can still get to my page with one click somehow I guess that's fine; just seems odd. Jump and Clickback I really don't feel like should be hidden in the 'More' menu; I rely heavily on the clickback and jump lists to rack up party clicks and get them in return. Beats standard mass clicking any day for hatching eggs once you have a badge above like... gold. Overall, I like the way it looks, but I worry about 'form over function' redesigns. Is the space getting freed up to implement useful new features, or just to look less messy? If it's the latter then... idk. There might be a better way to go about it. Sorry if that all sounded harsh but you did say you're looking for feedback, so there's mine ;V
Blue's AvatarBlue
I generally like the idea of this update to make the site less cluttered but I really don't like how I'll have to click on "more" every time I want to multi party click or simply go to my fields. It would be nice if we could set which set of navbar we want in the options. Like when the site changed to a lime green skin and we were given the option to still use our old skin.
You can find my trade thread here: Summons, Shinies, Albinos, Breeding Pairs and Gem Swaps UFT! Avatar by Mewtitti - Free to Use
ZelenPixel's AvatarZelenPixel
i dont like clickback and today's interactions being hidden but besides that i dont really know. i like the current interface as is.
credits
avatar edited by me, signature coded by me

QUOTE originally posted by Hillo

It's not that big of a change, so I think most people will be fine with it I love the avatar in the corner thing :D Edit:I just realized what bookmarks are...oh no! Please don't hide them away! I'm too lazy for that :P
The benefit, however, is that there's no more limit to how many bookmarks you can have :p

QUOTE originally posted by Lïïtå

Everything looks lovely, except moving the Jump button to the 'More'. I really don't agree with this and think something needs to be discussed about this. The whole point of Jump is to get a quick few profiles- I don't think it's a good idea to make it more of a pain and add in an extra step. I'm not sure on how to give ways to improve this, but I think as it is now will deter a LOT of people (including myself). Perhaps put it under the avatar drop down? Make it bookmark accecable somehow? But make it something where users can get their Jump profiles quick. Just this small thing really makes the update less exciting since it's messing with a LARGE chunk of my daily activity. EDIT: Just realized the bookmarks will not be on the main layout either. I'm really not liking hiding everything away. Honestly, I'd ratehr have the top cluttered as it is since I can get to where I want when I want.
The thing with the Jump button is that once you've used it once, you don't need to use it again unless you navigate away from the page. Unless you're doing that, you'll keep cycling through to "Get more..." and it'll automatically cycle. With the bookmarks, there's no more limit on the number of them, so you can arguably access a lot more, a lot easier once it's setup. Thus having it be behind one extra button press, as opposed to having to navigate to the Farm for most things consistently, is actually significantly better in the long run. That's the present thoughts on it, at the very least.

QUOTE originally posted by Remster

Interesting. But I honestly don't really like the idea to always clicking on "more" to go to my fields, my scour, using the jump button and for clickback...
Fair on most of it, but as mentioned, the clickback is on your timers bar so that's incorrect - which, as an additional note, the Timers bar is also completely user-editable.

QUOTE originally posted by Perianth

I think having to click on 'More' to get to my bookmarks might be just a bit more troublesome, but I also think that I won't know for sure unless I actually try it out for myself :P How about implementing this new NavBar as a trial, and then asking the community what they think of it? :o
The last time we tried to do something like that we got a lot of negative feedback and complaints that we did that without doing what we're doing now, basically. We did get feedback on the changes made, don't get me wrong, but a lot of it was drowned out by the complaints in that we put the changes in to place so people could actually test them. Personally, I do think it's better we do it this way since if we do wind up putting them in for a bit of testing, people are given a heads-up :) Anyway, you can see my response to the more button and bookmarks above~

QUOTE originally posted by kusari

does that mean that the "today's interactions" site will be gone O.O (or am I just blind?)
Blind :P It's on the Timers bar, like I mentioned in the first post :)

QUOTE originally posted by VoydLust

QUOTE originally posted by cutechem

Can we make it an account option to keep the 'old' setting?
Yeah, I do agree with this. Incase some people just can't get along with any major changes.
No. If we did this for every change we made then the site would become spaghetti code as we'd effectively be developing for multiple different variations of the same website. Change is a result of active development. This game isn't dead, therefore change will happen.

QUOTE originally posted by Star Guardian

I have a silly question: Would you consider adding the "Jump" button to the interactons page? I'd really like the convience of being able to click people back and then start hopping around to other people. Other than that, I'm not too fond of having to open another box to see what the V-Wave is. I'm not sure where the pokedex went. Also, will the tournament button still be fairly visible? (I don't see why not, but it's not on the example)
Certainly a possibility, we'll keep that in mind! There was no other space for a "more..." button, so something had to be sacrificed to appease the Nav-Bar gods :( In seriousness, that was the thing which did the "least damage" in being removed. We're not sure on what else we could do with that, unfortunately. We did consider adding in a small button which indicated through its design that is would "open more", but that wouldn't be mobile friendly x-x; It's really awkward trying to make this work xD The V~Wave and potd only need to be viewed one time so it doesn't need to open up real-estate on the main bar.
@Frezgle, I thought that was well-worded and explained. Don't you worry :)

QUOTE originally posted by Blue

I generally like the idea of this update to make the site less cluttered but I really don't like how I'll have to click on "more" every time I want to multi party click or simply go to my fields. It would be nice if we could set which set of navbar we want in the options. Like when the site changed to a lime green skin and we were given the option to still use our old skin.
To be clear, your skin example is wrong. All that was, was Niet re-making the skin for you because it would not have worked had it loaded in on the "old format". Effectively, that was Niet giving you a quick and easy "update to new format" button. This wasn't done automatically because not all skins are used so there was no point to doing that. It also had the side-effect of showing the new site colours off XD But that wasn't intentional :)

Pages: 12345··· 192021

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page