PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Remove the Slow-down

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 1234567

Lorne's AvatarLorne
I don't think there needs to be a limit at all. I have old friends who were in botting communities for big games such as Pokemon GO, WoW, etc. etc. No matter what is done, botters will find a way to get past it, cheaters are going to cheat. From what I've seen, granted I don't see any of the data behind the site, this is only making honest players upset/hurting their motivation to click.

Why is the update a big nono? Because you cant click as fast? Ok- big deal, that doesnt have anything to do with your points. You still get the interactions, and you still have the action to occupy yourself with. Its just a bit slower.
We have timed events that involve clicking on this site, yes? Pokerus. Lucky Eggs. Mass Click Weekends (Not as prevalent to this issue, but still count as a timed clicking event). If anything it feels like I'm getting less credit for more interactions. I'm still clicking as fast as I did before, which made me complete a field in ~2-3 seconds, now it takes me ~4-5. I don't know. I've been clicking the same way on this site with no issues for almost 3 years, and I'm one of those people who really enjoy rapid clicking. It really makes me sad that I have to change the way I play because someone else is dishonest.
༺☆༻ Trade shop ༺☆༻ Art Shop ༺☆༻ 16739 ༺☆༻ Buying
25, 50
༺☆༻ Previous hunts ༺☆༻
Icon & Minisprite: me Gif: House of the Dragon
Raijin's AvatarRaijin
I 100% agree with Entei. Cheaters will find a way to cheat regardless, and all you're doing is punishing users who just want to massclick at a pace that works for them?? As far as I can tell anyway *shrug* And I personally really don't appreciate having my clicking controlled, and I'm sure I'm not the only one still clicking at the same pace anyway. So it's not gonna help health-wise either in that sense. Something that comes to mind, worst case scenario you'll chase users away through this
Avatar by crownedkitty25 Joint shop: By FloatingClaws
cloudtail's Avatarcloudtail
the new change is a bit nicer, but it's still really slow. takes 4-5 seconds to clear a field for me and it still has the same effect it did on me when it was worse. i understand that the point is to make cheating less ideal, but for me it's made mass clicking in general less ideal. ^^; also entei brings up lucky eggs, if this slow down stays, can the times on those atleast be increased? how exactly does slowing down clicks prevent cheaters? like zen said earlier, they can just reprogram their bot to adjust. i'm pretty sure people use bots because they don't want to click, instead of using them exclusively to click fast? though i wouldn't know. but this isn't making much sense to me so if we could get some clarification that'd be appreciated. also i doubt this change wouldn't stop people from multi accounting during events either. sure it may take a bit longer to do all the clicks necessary across multiple accounts, but how exactly does it stop or discourage it?
i dont play anymore avatar art by me!
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
I don't even consider myself to be a particularly fast massclicker, and yet even with the increased rate, clicking feels slow as molasses. Not to mention, this broke massclicking on my phone entirely... it just doesn't register. :v If possible, I think it would be better to invest in ways to prevent botting. If someone consistently clicks x amount every second exactly, they should be investigated for botting. Of course, there are certainly ways to create random intervals for botted clicking, so other methods can be used. But I am certainly of the opinion that the majority should not be punished for the rule-breaking minority. And I mean vast minority.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
If you're limited to 10 clicks a second, then a full field (stacked and sorted) takes 4 seconds regardless of how fast you can personally click. This includes botters. That is how slowing down "prevents cheaters". It makes it so the fastest that they can go is more akin to the typical speed (generally speaking) of the majority of the non-cheating players. Thus their cheating has far less of an effect. For reference, it was adjusted to 16/s, up from 8/s. 8,16,24,32,40 - 5 seconds to click a field. 16,32,48 - 2.5 seconds to click a field. Of course that's done per second so if you managed to click 30 times in a sec then 16 thereafter, you'd still only have "32" and would need to do 8 more to finish the field off. Numbers numbers numbers. This was more a test than anything - though I'll allow Niet to comment further on that :)
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I am concluding the test early. Here come the results: people are weird. That's what it says. We weren't even testing for that. (Portal reference o/) More seriously, the main issue was not the speed, it was that some control styles involve making use of more than one control method simultaneously, which is what the speed limit really got in the way of. The ideal solution would be to apply rate-limiting to each input method independently, but unfortunately there is no way for the browser to distinguish, for example, between a laptop's built-in mouse left-click and a wired mouse left-click - both are left clicks and would fall under the same rate limiter if I did that. We also learned that people aren't very good at debating. No two ways about it, "I don't like it, get rid of it" was the prevailing cry here. Let it be known that I do not appreciate this kind of behaviour. It makes me question if I should even bother trying to provide a better experience. Mistakes are just another step towards perfection. I would appreciate it if you could actually help us reach that lofty goal, rather than shooting down anything I try to change - because often you miss and hit me right in the motivation ;) Needless to say, that in turn slows down development of the site as a whole, which itself will lead to PFQ dying. Don't do that, please :'c
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
L0KI's AvatarL0KI

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I am concluding the test early. Here come the results: people are weird. That's what it says. We weren't even testing for that. (Portal reference o/) More seriously, the main issue was not the speed, it was that some control styles involve making use of more than one control method simultaneously, which is what the speed limit really got in the way of. The ideal solution would be to apply rate-limiting to each input method independently, but unfortunately there is no way for the browser to distinguish, for example, between a laptop's built-in mouse left-click and a wired mouse left-click - both are left clicks and would fall under the same rate limiter if I did that. We also learned that people aren't very good at debating. No two ways about it, "I don't like it, get rid of it" was the prevailing cry here. Let it be known that I do not appreciate this kind of behaviour. It makes me question if I should even bother trying to provide a better experience. Mistakes are just another step towards perfection. I would appreciate it if you could actually help us reach that lofty goal, rather than shooting down anything I try to change - because often you miss and hit me right in the motivation ;) Needless to say, that in turn slows down development of the site as a whole, which itself will lead to PFQ dying. Don't do that, please :'c
soo tldr its gonna stay the way it is?
Duckbug's AvatarDuckbug
With the reduced speed limit, I notice no lag. I don't know if you guys are clicking with four buttons at once or something, because otherwise I don't even know how you could notice a difference. Like, I can click that quickly for a burst of like one second and then my body nopes out and it slows down. Basically, seems fixed from what I can tell, but I bet there are still going to be people complaining about how it's soooo slowwww. And correct. It doesn't discourage cheating. I could still cheat a hell of a lot faster than my body allows me to click. I'm not going to, but it wouldn't be hard. Heck, Niet threw an incredibly method of cheating right at us. It's just a matter of knowing how to do it. :P

Journal

18+

Trade Shop

new Clan()

Raca (PFQ Wiki)

Sei
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight

QUOTE originally posted by ThunderGod

soo tldr its gonna stay the way it is?
That is indeed what he wrote. At least for now. But anyways, thank you for reverting it, Niet. Duckbug; Yeah, because he just reverted it :p
Rokon's AvatarRokon

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

We also learned that people aren't very good at debating. No two ways about it, "I don't like it, get rid of it" was the prevailing cry here. Let it be known that I do not appreciate this kind of behaviour. It makes me question if I should even bother trying to provide a better experience. Mistakes are just another step towards perfection. I would appreciate it if you could actually help us reach that lofty goal, rather than shooting down anything I try to change - because often you miss and hit me right in the motivation ;) Needless to say, that in turn slows down development of the site as a whole, which itself will lead to PFQ dying. Don't do that, please :'c
I'm not trying to shoot you down or Make Pfq Die(tm). I'm giving my feedback on this change and pointing my counter-arguments towards why it should stay. I apologise if my first post was rude. I tried to not be so, but I know I suck at that. If I may, I am not entirely sure why you are surprised by people being very much against this. We can all agree cheaters suck and people need to manage their health, but with the interation time-out, people were loud about voicing their dissent. Clicking is the core of the site. People do not like it to be managed and limited. So I am confused as to why you thought people would accept this, if you could explain why?
cee - he/she/they - 21 icon from Rachel and Jun youtube sig sprite by me stoked sparksurfer! everything i post is to be read in the flattest voice possible

Pages: 1234567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page