PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Remove the Slow-down

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 123··· 567

Rokon's AvatarRokon

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

It is, indeed, intentional. I didn't post it in the Changelog partly because it's a test, partly because people are already "complaining" when I add good stuff, so I wanted this nerf to be experienced before being able to complain about it. To be specific, the rate limit is intended to be set somewhere that's reasonable. Not too limiting, but also not too permissive. The motivation for this change is we've had incidents of people clocking in 40 clicks in a single second, for several seconds straight. The line has to be drawn somewhere. We are aware that some people cheat. When they are caught, they are handled appropriately, but in the meantime - for as long as they're under the radar - we don't want them to be able to exploit too much. The Easter Event comes to mind, but we did have people creating accounts and mass-completing the Spirits Unchained events to get large amounts of Premium Boxes, and that really messed up the economy since they managed to sell them before getting caught. So that's why I made this change. The exact theshold may be adjusted in future, but I also think there's a case to be made for morality here: it's not healthy to be making such rapid clicking movements for sustained periods of time. Hopefully the "speed limit" will encourage players to slow down just a little, which will in turn reduce risk of injury. I hope this explains the situation to your satisfaction. Please feel free to PM me with further questions.
It's probably not surprising that I'm the one making this thread. I like to think of myself as one of the site's major mass-clickers when I get around to it and a lot of that relies on the speed in which I click. I apologise in advance if I come across as aggressive. This is an issue I'm passionate about. I've tried to remain polite and emotionally neutral. --

TL;DR

- This slow-down is forcing people to click even more because their rapid clicks aren't all processed. - PFQ can't really be sued for anything. - Cheaters gonna cheat. This doesn't discourage them or stop exploitation. - This addition doesn't make cheaters any easier to find. - No one likes their clicking being forcefully managed. See: the interaction lock-out. - This doesn't encourage slowing down, but completely stopping since this has killed the motivation that people got from the numberpad update.
--

The motivation for this change is we've had incidents of people clocking in 40 clicks in a single second, for several seconds straight. The line has to be drawn somewhere.
I'm one of those people who do this. That's because I like to click fast and get results (of EXP to my Pokemon) fast. I've never endorsed doing this, but it's mine and other's choice if we do. And interestingly, I'm now having to click more. I want the 'mons to be clicked as fast as possible, so I'm clicking even through the forced pause. This change is therefore exasperating the issue, at least in my case. Anyone who tries to sue PFQ for injuries doesn't really have grounds to stand on because of the interaction warning. We're given it by force and have to confirm that we do indeed want to keep clicking. The only way I can think of to improve it would be including that continuing to click may cause injury. Then we are confirming 100% that we accept whatever harm we do to ourselves.

We are aware that some people cheat. When they are caught, they are handled appropriately, but in the meantime - for as long as they're under the radar - we don't want them to be able to exploit too much.
I am not sure how this addition will help cheaters be caught. You're forcing people who click legitimately faster than this to slow. But since everyone is forced at the same speed, cheaters can just run their autoclickers and not have to do anything, and now have a built-in method of being able to seem normal. I know this is partially an anti-exploitation feature, but to me, it only seems like they'll be able to keep exploiting.

The exact theshold may be adjusted in future, but I also think there's a case to be made for morality here: it's not healthy to be making such rapid clicking movements for sustained periods of time.
I for one do appreciate how you're concerned for the health of your players. Many site owners do not, so I believe you should be recognised for that. But this situation just reminds me of when the interaction lock-out happened. No one liked it. No one wants their interactions to be forcefully managed. I don't remember the arguments against it, and I was locked at the time (obviously... :p) so I never got to experience it or argue against it. But I believe reviewing the arguments against it is worth consideration for here as well.

Hopefully the "speed limit" will encourage players to slow down just a little, which will in turn reduce risk of injury.
In my case, it does not. In the case of my PFQ friends, they've entirely lost their motivation to click at all (and I also have lost it). The number pad clicking feature was great and gave many people the motivation to start clicking again. But this addition has killed that motivation. It didn't encourage slowing down, it just encouraged a full stop, because no one wants to deal with this. -- If I can suggest something besides complete removal, maybe keep the slow-down for those who aren't 15+. I can definitely understand why you'd want to look out for the health of kids. But at age 15+, I feel like we can manage ourselves well enough. I do not encourage this route though, because that's unfair to younger players.
cee - he/she/they - 21 icon from Rachel and Jun youtube sig sprite by me stoked sparksurfer! everything i post is to be read in the flattest voice possible
DakDak's AvatarDakDak
I totally support this for reasons said by rokon. I don’t want my clicking to be limited, I should have the freedom to click at whatever speed I can and what to click at! not to sound rude but i support rokon
~Avatar by Shadowfeather~ Apocalyptic Growlithe hunt: 109/15/1/2511
× 0 / 1000
Crazy's AvatarCrazy
I understand the reasoning but I also support this. I enjoyed mass clicking with the new update and now Im clicking the same speed but with less interactions so in theory Im clicking more so it isnt really doing anything for my health. Its literally taken pretty much all motivation to click away (personally).
Avatar made circe ^^ Help with some research?
selocon's Avatarselocon
Go google Carpal Tunnel. this is PREVENTING a ton of cases of it, fyi. Let me see anyone's medical certification if they want to claim it won't. It might not cause it in the SHORT TERM, but long term effects can lurk for years without notice.
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
Rokon's AvatarRokon
Heya, I've been clicking super fast and heavy for over a year now. I haven't gotten carpal tunnel because I know how to manage myself.
Crazy's AvatarCrazy
We weren't saying it doesn't cause it though? We're saying its our choice that we continue to click after the warning- we don't think we should be forced to slow down if theres already warnings in place.
Lorne's AvatarLorne
110% support. I'm really not a big fan of this change, I can't help but feel like this isn't worth it as it does more to hurt those of us who are honest clickers rather than catching a few extra cheaters. No matter what, cheaters are going to cheat, One thing I saw someone in a server I'm in suggested was;

like clicking 40 per second rapidly does seem fishy to me, so if niet can tell that people are doing that then couldnt he just take those select few and find out why theyre going so fast? but also a lot of honest clickers can click nearly that fast, some of you were saying 2 seconds per field right? so i'm not sure leaving it up to judgement is even the best idea
Most of us click this fast because we've trained our hands to do that over the past 2-3+ years. My personal best is 160k interactions in a day. Is it healthy? Probably not. Is it anyone else's fault I clicked that much? Nope. I'm a very "free market" type of person, if I want to break my hand, it's my fault and I'm the one who's going to deal with the consequences, but at least I'd have the freedom to do so. I know that's not really the main point with the change, but I wanted to address that point too since it was made in the initial post. One suggestion I do have is to maybe move the "no autoclicking" rule farther up on the list of rules? I know it's someone's fault if they don't read far enough to see it, but I have seen a lot of people confused about it or didn't know the rule existed entirely, that might clear up some of the cheating.

QUOTE originally posted by selocon

Go google Carpal Tunnel. this is PREVENTING a ton of cases of it, fyi. Let me see anyone's medical certification if they want to claim it won't. It might not cause it in the SHORT TERM, but long term effects can lurk for years without notice.
If anything, it's making me click twice as much out of frustration that my faster clicking isn't getting me to the end goal any faster.
༺☆༻ Trade shop ༺☆༻ Art Shop ༺☆༻ 0 ༺☆༻ Buying
25, 50
༺☆༻ Previous hunts ༺☆༻
Icon & Minisprite: me Gif: House of the Dragon
HeliasRex's AvatarHeliasRex
I support this, for all the reasons rokon mentioned plus because I love the site and actually think it will be bad for it as a whole. Clicking is the backbone this site runs on, and slowing that down is gonna affect almost everything eventually. For example, slower clicking equals less clicking overall. That means the various bonus counters that are based on egg hatching / interactions / shinies hatched etc. take longer to fill up. That means less bonuses happening, which means less motivation to do more clicking, which means even less clicking, etc. etc. I'm aware I'm probably exaggerating a little, and that the bonuses can be manually changed, but it's still going to have an effect on the number of players overall because in the meantime people will lose motivation and give up. Also, if I end up with carpal tunnel in twenty years time, that's on me for choosing to click so much. Like rokon said, maybe enforce the speed limit for players under a certain age, but allow adults to make their own decisions about how they play.
Come check out my shop! Shinies, albinos, summons and more available!
151 / ???
166 / ???
67 / ???
Dude, we know intensely mass-clicking isnt good for us. I, personally, wear a wrist brace and click 1000 pokemon or so every 15 or so minutes when I decide to mass-click. I've known how to take care of my wrist properly for years - ruining it could potentially end my career. The key to intensive mass-clicking is pacing yourself. However, that being said, if the slowdown must be necessary, I recommend having it come into play after someone gets the pop-up. This would encourage players to take a break.
avatar is my own art! formerly known as chimeranyx I currently have shiny and albino Elgyem UFT. Check my fields for prices!
I fully support this post. If I am worried about getting Carpal Tunnel, I'd just know when to stop and manage my clicking. I continue to click because I want to and I know when I need a break. The slow down added has killed my motivation to click, which had only just returned with the new addition to the number pad clicking. I click fast because I enjoyed interacting with stacked + sorted fields, and it helped keep my motivation alive for hunting and just interactions in general. I agree with all points that Rokon + Entei have made here. I know there may be concerns for others health, but for those who click way over 40k a day, it's just making us click even more, putting in a lot of extra effort just to get the same amount of interactions, which in complete honestly sounds like that's much worse for someones' health.

Avatar is my sona, drawn by Saapricots!
×7/1000

Pages: 123··· 567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page