PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Remove the Slow-down

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 1234567

Crazy's AvatarCrazy
If this is the raised speed limit it seems a lot better. I click using numbers and a mouse and I've gone back to normal speed from what I can tell. Can a browser not tell the difference between a mouseclick and the numbers or are they both acting as left clicks to the browser?
Avatar made circe ^^ Help with some research?
Lorne's AvatarLorne
I'm sorry, I don't mean to be that person, but I did make and see a few suggestions.

QUOTE originally posted by Entei

One thing I saw someone in a server I'm in suggested was;

like clicking 40 per second rapidly does seem fishy to me, so if niet can tell that people are doing that then couldnt he just take those select few and find out why theyre going so fast? but also a lot of honest clickers can click nearly that fast, some of you were saying 2 seconds per field right? so i'm not sure leaving it up to judgement is even the best idea
[...] One suggestion I do have is to maybe move the "no autoclicking" rule farther up on the list of rules? I know it's someone's fault if they don't read far enough to see it, but I have seen a lot of people confused about it or didn't know the rule existed entirely, that might clear up some of the cheating.

QUOTE originally posted by Gladion

If possible, I think it would be better to invest in ways to prevent botting. If someone consistently clicks x amount every second exactly, they should be investigated for botting. Of course, there are certainly ways to create random intervals for botted clicking, so other methods can be used.
༺☆༻ Trade shop ༺☆༻ Art Shop ༺☆༻ 0 ༺☆༻ Buying
25, 50
༺☆༻ Previous hunts ༺☆༻
Icon & Minisprite: me Gif: House of the Dragon
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight

QUOTE originally posted by Crazy

Can a browser not tell the difference between a mouseclick and the numbers or are they both acting as left clicks to the browser?
JS can distinguish between pressing a number and clicking with the left mouse button; however, if you're clicking using two mice, then it can't distinguish between the mice.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
Rokon's AvatarRokon
PFQ doesn't primarily use JavaScript. It uses PHP (Might have name wrong, I know it starts with a p).
cee - he/she/they - 21 icon from Rachel and Jun youtube sig sprite by me stoked sparksurfer! everything i post is to be read in the flattest voice possible
Duckbug's AvatarDuckbug

QUOTE originally posted by Rokon

PFQ doesn't primarily use JavaScript. It uses PHP (Might have name wrong, I know it starts with a p).
JavaScript and PHP are in no way related. PFQ uses both, each for different things. Though, in your defense, it's unclear which was enforcing the speed limit.

Journal

18+

Trade Shop

new Clan()

Raca (PFQ Wiki)

Sei
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight

QUOTE originally posted by Rokon

Same concept though; I haven't worked much with PHP, but there is no way to distinguish between left clicks from different devices, since the input is identical.
Zen's AvatarZen
The main issue about botting though, that I know of, is that if it doesn't effect the game files, it's usually hard to notice. In mobas/mmos, most bots, if not all, have to access and change files to be able to work and as such are easy to find. With some are a bit more difficult to notice than others. But some of those files are out and "open" since most are accessible just by going to the file you saved it in. Browser games, especially ones like PFQ, don't really need the files, or coding, visable to make a bot to click for you. Of course if anyone has a way that could possibly detect those kinds of bots, that's great. It could help keep the problem a bit more under check. As long as the info isnt made public, that is, otherwise botters could change their bot to avoid detection if they know how. I could be wrong though, this is just what I've seen discussed between devs and players on another game I play.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
FlameDragon's AvatarFlameDragon
When this had been a suggestion, I was going to post in it, but my wifi died XD But I'm really glad this is approved. I only have a little bit of time to click per day, and yet I need to get a good amount of IP as well, so I tend to click decently fast. In terms of the botters, maybe there could be a way for PFQ to know if someone is clicking at a super high rate, or if the amount they click a little insane, and have the mods look into that? I dunno, just an idea I guess...
Ku Idols 0/200 (0%)
Team Inferno Overdrive (Fire) for May 2020! Score: 0 Banner made by Nyna Azura
SUNNELIØN's AvatarSUNNELIØN
Oh lordy, thank goodness the trial numbers were removed for now. You see, I have a specal way of clicking, and I manage ~20 clicks a second (one field in two seconds). This is because I spent a whole $600 on a surface pro laptop, and therefore I can utilize a touchscreen to click. If I zoom all the way in with the touchscreen, the sprites stay big, and I can therefore click Pokemon with five fingers at once. Am I botting? No. I'm just using my computer as I wish. Honestly, with the numbers provided, that would have severely crippled my clicking speed. I know I can get carpal tunnel from clicking, and I already take breaks if I ever start to hurt. I'm not that irresponsible. We take the responsibility anyways once we click through that pop-up. And, in the end, cheaters are gonna cheat. Botters will find a way through it, they always do. It's just a sad reality. Limiting regular players that click like maniacs while somehow not hurting themselves to limit botting is most likely not going to turn out any better. Lastly, after reading through this thread I saw a lot of real actual reasons to take away this change. So I don't really get the "I don't like it, take it back" concept. Sure, there are always some complaints, but there are a good few counter-suggestions and some feedback as well. Don't discount all of us :p
S U N N E L I O N sunne ☀ they/them ☀ 21 ☀ 0
S U N N E L I O N my shop art shop
S U N N E L I O N pfp: me sig img: norowa code: altered
I realise this might sound like I'm being condescending or some such, when I promise I'm not. I just want to verify that there is nothing there anymore. It's been removed for a good half hour+ now ^^; I'm just saying it because there have been people saying that it's still affecting them when it's literally not there anymore. Which really comes off like people are saying it's there for the sake of saying it's there. Time to stop for those people xD

Pages: 1234567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page