PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Remove the Slow-down

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed > Remove the Slow-down >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I am concluding the test early. Here come the results: people are weird. That's what it says. We weren't even testing for that. (Portal reference o/) More seriously, the main issue was not the speed, it was that some control styles involve making use of more than one control method simultaneously, which is what the speed limit really got in the way of. The ideal solution would be to apply rate-limiting to each input method independently, but unfortunately there is no way for the browser to distinguish, for example, between a laptop's built-in mouse left-click and a wired mouse left-click - both are left clicks and would fall under the same rate limiter if I did that. We also learned that people aren't very good at debating. No two ways about it, "I don't like it, get rid of it" was the prevailing cry here. Let it be known that I do not appreciate this kind of behaviour. It makes me question if I should even bother trying to provide a better experience. Mistakes are just another step towards perfection. I would appreciate it if you could actually help us reach that lofty goal, rather than shooting down anything I try to change - because often you miss and hit me right in the motivation ;) Needless to say, that in turn slows down development of the site as a whole, which itself will lead to PFQ dying. Don't do that, please :'c
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page