PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Contests

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Event Discussion >

Pages: 12345678··· 213214215

fêrspñåï's Avatarfêrspñåï
so what’s up with the theme repeating?
ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN
“Each Contest has a Theme chosen at random, as well as a Category” What do you think “random” means? -_-
  • Main
  • Credits
Bunn, He/Him This is Frida
Avatar by me of my sona (full image), Signature by myself!
Poké-Hatcher's AvatarPoké-Hatcher
I mean, when you have 12 Themes and 5 Categories, it seems fairly unlikely that the exact same combination would appear twice within 5 Contests of each other.
My babies: Avatar - art by myself / You can call me PH or Hatcher c:
ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN
It was just as likely to have another theme chosen.
It's still statistically very unlikely for a repeat so soon, so I get where fêrspñåï is coming from. That being said, this is the first time I've bothered to enter a Contest. I entered an Aron of mine :3
ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN
Well I guess you’re right. A 1/3 chance is kiiiiiind or unlikely.
i didn’t know that there were only 12 themes, hence my surprise. it makes more sense now.
There's 12 Themes, and 5 Categories. If I'm not completely screwing up my math, there's 248,832 combinations that can be formed, and getting the Relaxed/Tough (rather than, say, Relaxed/Cute) combo again so soon is what's unlikely.
i haven‘t taken a math class in over 10 years but i would think that there are only 12 x 5 possible combinations
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
There are 60 combinations. Obviously the first one is unique (100%) For the second to be unique, there are 59/60 options. 98.33% Third one has to avoid two combos. 96.67% = 95.06% total Fourth: 95% = 90.3% total Fifth: 93.33% = 84.28% total As you can see, that's 15.72% chance of having a duplicate within 5 Contests. Not surprising at all.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Pages: 12345678··· 213214215

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page