PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Contests

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Event Discussion >

Pages: 12345··· 211212213

bugology's Avatarbugology

QUOTE originally posted by Niall

Thought my rocket ship Genesect was cute and wanted to share ;v; Love your entry Bugaboodle, I would have totally voted for that if I had seen it xD
Thanks!! Your Genesect rocket is awesome too :D
Watch me liquefy in real-time! (avatar is official TCG art)
Methos's AvatarMethos
Out of curiosity, what criteria is everyone using to judge entries? For me, it's a three-way balance between the visual appeal and creativity of the entry, and how appropriate it is for the theme as given. For example, a lot of the entries for the Relaxed contest were pretty and relaxing, but not Relaxed due to the wrong accessories being chosen. This one has been my best so far, placing 3rd out of - if I used my own criteria on it, I'd have considered it theme-appropriate and visually appealing, but not high in creativity.

Large-ish Image

Official site avatar. Current site avatars were created by the lovely DuchessLunaire.
Størmfang's AvatarStørmfang
515th out of 2673 (top 20%). not bad i guess? looks like a colorful mess though. appeal was the downfall (whats a pokeblock) 216th out of 2706 (top 8%). getting better but like what was i thinking. popularity was the lowest out of the 3 (but appeal seemed pretty close??) didnt enter the 3rd contest (the created) but i entered this one w/ a forest-y theme. personally i choose what i vote for by how eye-catching they are. the stuff that stands out.
ari | he/him | team rock art shop | trade shop | journal | deviantart "what's important is understanding who you are. what you want to become, what you want to do. that is of the utmost importance." - twice, my hero academia
ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN
You ranked 497th out of 2,574, placing you in the top 20%. (This is my starter, Vinervana) My theme score apparently let me down. :( I thought I followed the theme closely enough. Oh well. I did a Phoenix theme. I made the tails on fire with flaming feathers rising and burning from the tail, while smoke clouds surrounded the Pokémon/fire. Why Phoenix? Well, because when I read the theme, “The Created,” I almost immediately thought of the life cycle of a Phoenix.

Phoenix facts

In case you didn’t know (Harry Potter readers most likely know some Phoenix facts), phoenixes grow up more quickly than normal birds. When they reach the oldest point in their life, they burn and disintegrate into ashes. Then, they are reborn as young phoenixes again from the ashes.
I tried to make Vinervana look like an old Phoenix disintegrating to ashes, a fox being created out of the ashes.
  • Main
  • Credits
Bunn, He/Him This is Frida
Avatar by me of my sona (full image), Signature by myself!
bugology's Avatarbugology

QUOTE originally posted by Methos

Out of curiosity, what criteria is everyone using to judge entries? For me, it's a three-way balance between the visual appeal and creativity of the entry, and how appropriate it is for the theme as given. For example, a lot of the entries for the Relaxed contest were pretty and relaxing, but not Relaxed due to the wrong accessories being chosen. This one has been my best so far, placing 3rd out of - if I used my own criteria on it, I'd have considered it theme-appropriate and visually appealing, but not high in creativity.

Large-ish Image

I love your entry, @Methos!! The sunglasses cloud is so endearingly goofy, it's so good :'D Personally when I'm voting, creativity is my highest priority; I tend to choose favorites based on how far they can push the definition of the theme and break the mold while still fitting it. I also tend to like the ones that use unconventional pokemon; cats and foxes are okay and all, but it's always nice to see people pour their love into a different kind of monster (and it makes them stand out, too!) Although obviously I'm not gonna judge people based on the pokemon alone; there was one REALLY good entry with a Lucario, for example, and although I personally find Lucario really overrated (sorry lucario) the idea was so clever and creative that I loved it anyways. (I'm honestly surprised it didn't win; I'm not gonna describe the deets for the sake of the creator, but trust me when I say it was really good (This became way longer than I intended it to be, but hopefully my rambling at least makes sense! :P)
Cassy1235's AvatarCassy1235
I've actually gotten better scores with each contest so far. I personally judge by creativity, visual appeal, and matching the theme (more by looks than the "right" accessories)
My first entry placed 249th out of 2,673, I probably would of done better but I didn't have many accessories yet.
My second got 150th out of 2,706
And my third made 58th out of 2,574. ^^
Icon drawn by me. (Original Post)
ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN
Theory: What if all the past winners were all the same person... They just kept using Persians as a joke?
DaniGC's AvatarDaniGC

QUOTE originally posted by FlärînãFåïry

Theory: What if all the past winners were all the same person... They just kept using Persians as a joke?
Giovanni, the leader of Team Rocket had a Persian... Maybe the Team Rocket controls the contests ? :O (Jokes, LoL :P)
(Profile pic is a screenshot from Pokemon GO Resized by thedorkychicken https://pokefarm.com/user/thedorkychicken)
Amara's AvatarAmara
Here was my entry for the 3rd Contest:
You ranked 49th out of 2,574, placing you in the top 2%. Tried to make it look like my Gurdurr was holding up a stereo, but didn't quite make it. Didn't do too bad though. c: When I vote, I also tend to judge by how creative and visually appealing it is, and whether it relates to the theme. Though if I see a really clever entry that doesn't quite fit the theme, I tend to vote for it. (Especially if the other four have one or two accessories placed randomly)
Avatar was made by me using Gimp 2.0. Permission to use and edit default Unknown Trainer Avatar given by Sei.
shoubunny's Avatarshoubunny
Here's the one I did for the first contest, placed in top 9%. Hope I do well with my little Meloetta this next contest.
present day present time b - any pronouns OK

Pages: 12345··· 211212213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page