PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Contests

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Event Discussion >

Pages: 123456··· 212213214

ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN
I had to look up the definition of shapely, and saw multiple, buuut I just stayed with one.
  • Main
  • Credits
Bunn, He/Him This is Frida
Avatar by me of my sona (full image), Signature by myself!
Cailem042's AvatarCailem042

QUOTE originally posted by Amara

Tried to make it look like my Gurdurr was holding up a stereo, but didn't quite make it.
It looks like a stereo to me. My votes are usually on what catches my eye. Bonus points if it looks like a picture, as in there is something happening in the picture. Bonus points if it is for a holiday, negative points for a holiday you shouldn't be showing, like Christmas before December. Escpeically before Halloween. Bonus points for creativity, and fitting the theme. And I judge it based on how well the accessories are used, I judge quality over having too many or few accessories. Then I just add them all up, it's easier than it sounds. Usually it's just being impressed by one, if no others impress me then that one gets it. Or I have to look at two carefully and think about which of the above qualities are shown, or just in general how well it's done. I'm not going to judge persions any differently just because they've won every time. If they're better than the other four, fine. If another is better, oh well. If its a stalemate, I'll keep looking for something one did better than the other, and not make a decision based on the previous winners. If anyone wants to see what got the 30th place
I think it puts too much attention in the middle instead of on the Pokémon, but top 2% is great, so people must have liked it anyway. I do like what I did with the Rotom and disco ball, though dont kno what it looks like to other people. It was suppose to be a rotom fighting an evil villain, with extra thunder coming out. But it sorta looks like Rotom got trapped in a web instead. And the things above really don't need to be there. Person below me, you are so right. One possessed a flying mask, another a disco ball and dressed up. And obviously Rotom possessed a lawnmower.
Avatar made by magsimillion, commissioned at their shop.
ACottontail's AvatarACottontail
@Cailem042 I thought your's was a dance party between three ghost type pokemon each possessing a different appliance. Anyway my entries were
Check out my gym, and my Journal. Vearus sprite + banners by me.
Beta Wooper from the 1999 Gold/Sliver protype, the sprite was revamped and animated by me
~The trainer of raging dragons~
nikao's Avatarnikao
Im not really sure if i can ask this here, but as we can talk here about the contest, i did think why not, maybe i did see something that was not there^^, or if it is alright to do this. .... and maybe i do see it wrong, while voting in he contest... can it be that there are more no item pokes, or only one-three item pokes in this contest, the one right now? some are still cute with three, but non i think is not so good. But it could be only me, sorry^//^
🐾 Please support this suggestion from me^_^ support: show upvoted really as up-voted I do look for high or perfect iv poke,love for free or trade/swap...i do trade or swap for high iv poke or perfect pidove^^ with iv friends an friends i like to gift 5-6iv after hunts^_^ ->can trade s-a iv pidove, for zc-gp or credit .
Trebor's AvatarTrebor
@nikao - not sure exactly what you are asking, but if I don't see an entry I like/fits the category/theme (in my mind) I click the <back> link and then select 'Start voting!' again to get a different 5 to choose from. This current contest I find myself doing that A Lot. As for voting criteria Methos, I would like the poke chosen to represent both the Theme and the Category if possible, but certainly at least one clearly. I want the overall image presented to reflect the Theme as much as possible, with creative entries (or ones that make me smile) also getting consideration for a vote. My entries for the previous three contests (and their placings) were...
*-*-*-*-*-*-* "The Gaudy" (Cool) - You ranked 114th out of 2,673, placing you in the top 5% I chose the most flamboyant basic (non-mega) Ice Type ('Cool') pokemon I could think of, and surrounded it with what I thought were the gaudiest accessories I had (didn't know there were actual assigned categories of them). Thought top 5% was pretty good for a 1st try.
*-*-*-*-*-*-* "The Relaxed" (Tough) - You ranked 69th out of 2,706, placing you in the top 3% What could be more relaxed looking, yet be more tough than a Slaking? Here I tried to go for the most overall relaxed setting I could think of. Unfortunately, still had no idea there were accessories specifically assigned to each 'Category'. Still, a much improved placing over my 1st effort.
*-*-*-*-*-*-* "The Created" (Cool) - You ranked 31st out of 2,574, placing you in the top 2% Here I chose the most man made Poke I could think of, and tried to make it look 'Cool' with sunglasses and a cape. I thought it was a very impactful design overall (using man made accessories), but the voters who saw it didn't seem to think so. Still, another jump up the rankings. *-*-*-*-*-*-* Hoping my choices and design effort for the latest contest puts me in the top 1%.
AVID delta collector Team
Continental Crush (Rock)
: 4421 pts Current Shiny Hunt 0/1 animated sprite courtesy of blitzydragon (formerly Bryianna88)
Golden-Goat's AvatarGolden-Goat

QUOTE originally posted by Trebor

@nikao - not sure exactly what you are asking, but if I don't see an entry I like/fits the category/theme (in my mind) I click the <back> link and then select 'Start voting!' again to get a different 5 to choose from. This current contest I find myself doing that A Lot. [...]
You could also refresh the page, which will give you the same output as switching pages! I have a question myself: what exactly does "shapely" mean? I never played any of the games with contests in them, so I'm still a noob about all of it.
Journal | Shop Art Shop
1539/4300 Dragon Gems
nikao's Avatarnikao
Thank you for you answers, yes i did this too, this time^^ but i did mean to ask with this, if it is alright to send a poke with no item on them, or only one, into a contest. Because i did see more of them, than the last times, while voting, but i could have seen it wrongly^^ but it my be alright as there are no rule, i think, i only found it a bit sad to see not more cute or funny poke.
ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN

QUOTE originally posted by Pastel-Dragons

QUOTE originally posted by Trebor

@nikao - not sure exactly what you are asking, but if I don't see an entry I like/fits the category/theme (in my mind) I click the <back> link and then select 'Start voting!' again to get a different 5 to choose from. This current contest I find myself doing that A Lot. [...]
You could also refresh the page, which will give you the same output as switching pages! I have a question myself: what exactly does "shapely" mean? I never played any of the games with contests in them, so I'm still a noob about all of it.
There were a few definitions I found, like... 1: Pleasing shapes to the eye 2: Having a nice figure 3: Symmetry I personally did a mix of the first and third ones.
Cailem042's AvatarCailem042
I wonder why there is a delay in the contest results being shown. Maybe my score is too high to calculate. Its interesting to see who scored right next to you, Trebor. Cool that we've both been getting higher and higher in the rankings. How does the contest make sure all entries are shown the same amount of times? ?
Trebor's AvatarTrebor

QUOTE originally posted by Cailem042

I wonder why there is a delay in the contest results being shown. Maybe my score is too high to calculate. Its interesting to see who scored right next to you, Trebor. Cool that we've both been getting higher and higher in the rankings. How does the contest make sure all entries are shown the same amount of times? ?
lol Not sure why the delay. I was going to post earlier it might be because they are still looking for a persian variant they think we might believe enough users voted for to put in 1st place *Huge Wink* And yes, it was neat to see the image that placed just one higher than me :-) I do not think they have a formula/algorithm to show them evenly - as there have been over 2500 entries each time, and when I was back clicking doing my 100 votes, I often saw the same image 2-3 or even more times. So more likely each entry is assigned a number, and then an RNG is applied to what then gets shown each time. I would hope the scoring is based more on how many times ones image is chosen out of how many times it is shown (as opposed to total votes), as I think that would be much more fair. Particularly since someone Actually voting 100 times (w/o refreshing) would still not even see 20% of the entries, presuming they saw each one only once.

Pages: 123456··· 212213214

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page