PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 644645646647648··· 748749750

dragon360's Avatardragon360

QUOTE originally posted by ShadowNova

Yes, but albinos are actually... Leucistic! Hehe, so people can't complain that albino is not albino, because this is true that this is not albino! But to be honest. I know that you want to have your standards and "base on true pokemon games", but really often it don't look good. New sprites in big big part looks like they are... Not made with passion, "on one hoof" as we say in Poland EDIT - Celestane, I agree with you
Lecuscism is "an abnormal condition of reduced pigmentation that is marked by overall pale coloring or patches of reduced coloring." (from Merriam Webster. So that would mean that while the new albino for Lucario is still leucistic, it has darker, cooler colors than the original albino Lucario. The thing is, many albino pokemon have very light colors. In Lucario's case, from first glance I see light yellows and oranges. Turning it grey-purple and black makes it seem... not really a true "albino." On top of that, making it a leucistic with "patches of reduced coloring" is strange, since many albinos on this site are pale throughout their entire bodies. (when I use albino, I mean the leucistic pokemon)
Avatar made by FrigidMellohi My first self-hatched shiny, named after Hermione from Harry Potter! Please click her! "It's time to roll the dice." -Mat Cauthon, from the Wheel of Time series (by Robert Jordan)
KaiserMeowser's AvatarKaiserMeowser
Are my eyes broken or did the Goomy egg change? New: Old:
Shazi's AvatarShazi

QUOTE originally posted by KaiserMeowser

Are my eyes broken or did the Goomy egg change? New: Old:
It sure has, I might have done a sneaky and recoloured it to match the on site sprite :)
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
Billabong's AvatarBillabong
I'm not a fan of some of the colors.... Melanin Grotle is... it just looks like it got doused and stained in grape juice now. It doesn't even compare to it's old colors - I'm legit on thinking of selling it now that I evolved it into a Torterra for my dex. The old colors were so cool and even though Turtwig wasn't my favorite starter I specifically hunted them for the melanin :/ The albino was super pretty too with the pinks in it. I might just give em all up for delta points now. I joined this year and only have three melanin and two of them luckily didn't change much but...I feel bad for some others who have multiple and those ones were changed a lot. Same goes for those who hunted one melanin or hoarded albinos a long, long time. I know Gible and Riolu got hit pretty hard and those two are pretty popular. Of coruse I'm not downplaying all of the changes because a few of them are really, really lovely but some of the changes were....too drastic imo. That's my two cents. I don't talk a lot on here but I kind of had a bad day and seeing my poor Grotle made it a tad worse, hah. ;; edit: Gotta say I am glad I am newer and only started hunting a couple of months ago so I am not hit too hard on these changes. I can see what colors changed and set my mind on different ones.
icon and banner credit
icon is drawn by me, banner is from "Restoring the Lost Sense"
LadyElemental's AvatarLadyElemental
Okay, so obviously, lot of uproar, but for a lot of them, I'm actually in love with the changes. Torterra has long since been one of my favorite Pokemon, but as it happens, I'm not a fan of the color orange. And to me, the albinos are a lot nicer too, mostly 'cuz I just like purples in general. I'm definitely adding it onto my "to hunt" list. And I see people throwing shade at the changes to the Chimchar line, but I actually like the new albino and melan a lot! I like the old melan too, and definitely see the appeal either way. I think I'll be hunting that in the future when I have the energy and time! I also see some problems over the Budew line, but I think Roserade looks absolutely gorgeous with that cool blue hue, though maybe the flower colors could change, I don't really dislike them either. I know some people don't like the melan gible line, but I actually love it except for the mega, but that's just a personal thing. Melan Drapion now has better coloring I think, for the alternating shade on it's belly and going up, and melan Dialga is *gorgeous* (personally don't care for the pink albino, but I have problems with pink in the first place, so) and melan Palkia is just a beautiful shade of deep blue that almost reminds me of the ocean. Melan Giratina hasn't changed much other than the plating for it's face, but that also looks better to me. And Albino Giratina just looks so much more colorful now, instead of washed out which is lovely! I really like how pastel albino Cresselia is, though I'm not really sold on the melan? I dunno, the green just doesn't look great in my opinion. Any opinion of mine would just include red tbh, which might not work either. The old one had bright yellow and grey which is fitting for the moon, but I didn't love that either. Just very bright for a melan I think. You guys did an amazing job, thank you for your hard work!
Background done by Golden Tempest. Sprites are official. This banner is for Lady Elemental's use.
Made by BlackBlood1872, more banners here
VEGGIE's AvatarVEGGIE
i am not a fan of some of the sprite changes but you can see the hard work put into them. i do appreciate the artists working so hard to make them easier to see - some of them are a lot easier to see so i love that. however, some have been changed and i'm honestly a little disappointed. the biggest hiccup i had was of melan croagunk. i hunted them specifically for the coloring during pride month due to their previous coloring! my little female matched perfectly for the ace flag. sadly, she has been changed. i don't hate the coloring but it makes my hunt feel... sad. as for spiritomb, the melan colors have grown on me. i will always have a special place in my heart for the original coloring because wow! super spooky! i don't hate this new one and i'll admit i love the dark purple-ish coloring now. i don't know if i'll ever hunt it again though due to the change (even tho i have a saved chain of 10k+). it's still a nice change. long story short, i know i'll be changing up future hunts. some sprites i don't care for hunting anymore due to the color changes, but i do know i've spotted some updated sprites that i DO wanna hunt and am excited about hatching. thank you artists for your hard work! c:
veggieㅤ|ㅤshe / themㅤ|ㅤnaughty

naughty ice delta collector hoarder of impidimps, soon kubfu.
journal toyhousesecretcredits

credits

code @RAINB0W / forum icon @silver raven on pokefarm / pagedoll @reversedkraken on th / header @xvanyx on da
Blade's AvatarBlade
I know this wouldn't have much weight to it, but I'm just hoping enough people can back me on this idea. I loved, loved, LOVED Melan Riolu's blue eyes and was really sad to see them taken away with the recoloring. I also enjoyed Melan Mega Lucarios neon green cape, but I can live with that being gone, it's just the gorgeous blue eyes I would like to please ask for back. My only "weight" would that the blue could be a nod to the regular Riolu/Lucario since blue is their original color.
abingy's Avatarabingy
Thought I'd wait a few days to give my opinions to let the new sprites sink in. First I'd like to say that overall I do like the new sprites (I've never been a fan of the old style so the revamps are greatly appreciated). My personal favorite melans from the updates are Happiny, Riolu, the Rotom line and the lake trio. I do agree with some of the other's seniments that it seems like a lot of the sprites are reusing the same color schemes so it'd be nice to see some more variety if possible for the future revamps. The only sprites I am disappointed in are melan Chansey and Blissey. I saw the Happiny sprite first and absolutely loved it so when I eventually saw the Chansey and Blissey sprites I was quite disappointed to see they didn't have the same color scheme. I don't really understand why all three of them have completely different color schemes (blue, purple and green), I would've much preferred them to be at least all similar schemes (and if it was my choice they'd all be the same as happiny). But overall, great job on the revamps!
Trade Shop - Summons, S/A, Charm Rentals/Swaps, Egg Supplier Pass Rentals Credits
Avatar made by mewitti of deviantart. Free to use.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I got curious about the claims that they're "all brown" or "all green" or "all swamp coloured", so I did some calculations. I got every sprite from Gen 1 to 4 (the ones that have had albinos and melans "revamped") and did some colour analysis on them. Full disclosure, it was only very basic analysis: for each sprite I evaluated the most common hue. This leads to interesting effects with some sprites, such as Flarbat being blue (because of its wings) and Lunala being yellow (because the gradient of the wings "split the vote" of the blue-purple hues), but overall it worked out well enough. I excluded Unown, because it got counted as red when really it has no colour at all. I then bucketed the sprites into 24 hue buckets based on the predominant hue of the sprite, and here's what I got for Normal sprites: I ran it again for Shiny sprites: And now for Albinos: And finally Melans: While I can't make any hard conclusions due to how basic the analysis was, I think we can say that, if anything, browns and greens are under-represented!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
SpaceX's AvatarSpaceX
I mean...if you add all those greens together that number is the problem and that is what players are talking about...
Score for Type Race! 0 Current chain: 1 Shinies: 0

Pages: 123··· 644645646647648··· 748749750

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page