PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I got curious about the claims that they're "all brown" or "all green" or "all swamp coloured", so I did some calculations. I got every sprite from Gen 1 to 4 (the ones that have had albinos and melans "revamped") and did some colour analysis on them. Full disclosure, it was only very basic analysis: for each sprite I evaluated the most common hue. This leads to interesting effects with some sprites, such as Flarbat being blue (because of its wings) and Lunala being yellow (because the gradient of the wings "split the vote" of the blue-purple hues), but overall it worked out well enough. I excluded Unown, because it got counted as red when really it has no colour at all. I then bucketed the sprites into 24 hue buckets based on the predominant hue of the sprite, and here's what I got for Normal sprites: I ran it again for Shiny sprites: And now for Albinos: And finally Melans: While I can't make any hard conclusions due to how basic the analysis was, I think we can say that, if anything, browns and greens are under-represented!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page