PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 646647648649650··· 746747748

Lawless's AvatarLawless

QUOTE originally posted by Clairefairy

I feel like a lot of the sinnoh color schemes just went an entirely different direction than the previous sprites. I’m not saying it’s necessarily a good or bad thing but a lot of us pick what we hunt based on the coloration of the specials and for them to go from our favorite color to our least favorite color can be very disappointing. I think some of us had expectations of getting something similar but just general better quality instead of a seemingly opposite color scheme.
like Giratina, the sprites hardly changed colors but look a lot better than the previous. I think it should be the case for most to be changed but now there is the consistancy thing that doesnt seem like the best colors are chosen for some pokemon. Like Sawsbuck and Shaymin look really good, then we have melan staraptor who looks just slightly different than the regular or melan sableye who just looks like the shiny compared to how different they were before. Also @Shazi I didn't read everything but drifloon is a perfect example of how things were changed for the worst. Old drifloon's sprite didn't look the best, but the colors were amazing. It had just a simple red/black and that was really nice. Now, it's this weird green shade with a not so great reddish brown that doesn't go with it at all. It's the kinda drastic melan changes I feel are just for the worst over all and most of the people I've talked to about it agree. I think having some consistency is good but to have it where it makes things look worse even to the staff, why change it to that instead of going back to the drawing board and maybe just changing it slightly like you did with giratina? (Please don't chang giratina btw it's great that it hardly changed I just use it as an exmample of how sprites were improved but kept the older color schemes) (lol edited it since I typed it on my phone and now I'm not on my phone)
Jayden | Ghost | Vivillon Enthusiast
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

(: 0)

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 96 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Docile nature
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 100 — +1,908,394
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Sassy nature
x 4 / 200
Collecting for Koko hunt!
x 9 / 1000
Collecting for Articuno hunt!
Clairefairy's AvatarClairefairy

QUOTE originally posted by Lawless

like Giratina, the sprites hardly changed colors but look a lot better than the previous. I think it should be the case for most to be changed but now there is the consistancy thing that doesnt seem like the best colors are chosen for some pokemon. Like Sawsbuck and Shaymin look really good, then we have melan staraptor who looks just slightly different than the regular or melan sableye who just looks like the shiny compared to how different they were before.
I am pretty biased over shaymin considering how long I have hunted it. I think the general sprite quality has improved dramatically but the flower on the melan is definitely one of my least favorite colors. It reminds me a bit too much of spicy brown mustard which I have had some personal bad experiences with. xD I was really hoping they would stick to a pink albino and keep the blue flower on the melan.
Currently buying: × 238 / 500 × 22 / 400 Avatar by Breepi Signature by AnkokuFlare
Lawless's AvatarLawless

QUOTE originally posted by Clairefairy

I am pretty biased over shaymin considering how long I have hunted it. I think the general sprite quality has improved dramatically but the flower on the melan is definitely one of my least favorite colors. It reminds me a bit too much of spicy brown mustard which I have had some personal bad experiences with. xD I was really hoping they would stick to a pink albino and keep the blue flower on the melan.
I do agree about the old flower being better and albino shaymin now is..just not as good, I was mostly referencing the melan but yea, to me overall melan shaymin is better now than before but some of these changes has made me feel like it's not even worth hunting most melans until the changes come to see if I even like them. I'm glad I didn't hunt drifloon, shellos or porygon before these changes Dx
Svetty's AvatarSvetty

QUOTE originally posted by Shazi

snip
What I am mostly wondering is, what is the baseline for albino and melan choices in general now? Since you guys were wondering about changing albino and melan names since they are less accurate now some of the time? And you also mentioned you yourself didnt even like some of the melan choices.. so I really wonder why are they coloured in these ways in which even the creators may be dissatisfied with them? I also wonder about why the revamps *have to* follow shiny colouring as a base line for colouring albino and melans. ~~ sorry if this is something which was discussed once before, I just sort of wanted to know what is supposed to be the norm for albinos and melans and what the rules are for them if theres set rules on them when being revamped???
Svetty She/They Sableye enthusiast
Ice Rock

Ice Rock

Special Evolution Item

[LEGACY] A sphere of ice that seems to freeze air around it.

Sells for 1,000

Lv. 100 — +9,418,968
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
DarkGhost
Happiness MAX
Gentle nature
Moss Rock

Moss Rock

Special Evolution Item

[LEGACY] A sphere that's alive with vegetation.

Sells for 1,000

Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Careful nature
Borealis Lantern

Borealis Lantern

Summon Item

A magical lantern that casts rainbow-coloured light from its flame. This light is rumoured to attract Bunbori's interest.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +8,231,367
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFlying
Happiness 27%
Calm nature
Buying 20zc each.
x 23 / 1,000
Shazi's AvatarShazi
We put colour choices to a vote and the ones that are most liked amongst the staff we use. Like I said, Drifloon is a personal dislike of mine. To clarify: I like teal, I like the colour combo we used on the melan in general. It was not my choice for the revamped melan sprite. My first choice was actually a red based melan colour Shiny colourations are only used for melans, Albinos follow the normal pokemon colouration pattern. We felt as a team that if we are going to recolour the pokemon, there is a pattern between the normals and shinies already established, logically, keeping that pattern but playing with the colours made sense. There's a LONG post about that somewhere else in this thread but the gist of it is: There's a pattern that already exists, we use it has a starting point and change colours from there.
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
Clairefairy's AvatarClairefairy

QUOTE originally posted by Lawless

I do agree about the old flower being better and albino shaymin now is..just not as good, I was mostly referencing the melan but yea, to me overall melan shaymin is better now than before but some of these changes has made me feel like it's not even worth hunting most melans until the changes come to see if I even like them. I'm glad I didn't hunt drifloon, shellos or porygon before these changes Dx
Yeah my poor fairy albino shaymin has lost its aesthetic vibe and I probably blew through 5-10k DP on that hunt since legends cost so much DP. Which it was my own fault because I knew it would be changing but I just had to have it. At least the changes can shift some of my interests in future hunts. I think a lot of the melans would look even cooler as deltas since they have less competing colors.
Svetty's AvatarSvetty
Thank you for the responses Shazi that does make more sense that they are voted on though I guess I wish I could see the other options for some of the changes, I had one last question regarding the sprites choices and recent changes since I was actually curious about one of them, being Rotom but I believe your response actually answers the question there. I really love the new albinos how they have different electric aura around them in each of the albino colourings, I thought it was really cool that they have it now but it was at a loss at the melans. I was wondering about it since it only shows up in the albinos now, and not the new melan line (I am a little sad the melan lost this). I am assuming it is because of the shiny to melan and regular to albino choice there that they were swapped then? Since my other post was saying how I was sad at Pachirisus change I guess I do have to say, for once I love one of the albino changes on this one. ^^
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü
@Shazi - Thank you for posting a response! It's really appreciated hearing from someone from art staff that you guys are at least discussing things, even if changes don't happen it's really nice to feel like as a userbase our concerns are being looked at/discussed. (I was personally concerned our opinions/thoughts were going to be swept under the "Changing the name of Albino/Melan" rug and we weren't going to hear anything about possible adjustments to current Albinos/Melans) Now that you mention the small shiny updates to cresselia and those updates making the melan be adjusted further I get it. I know someone said a few pages back that the Shiny was changed & I know melans are based on shinys, but it still just spaced how that might effect cresselia - even a small adjustment to the shiny such as that. Personally I think the green on the melan is really stunning I just dislike the red + green, it's very christmas/holiday vibes if that makes sense. I know someone else expressed disdain for the green and liking the red, it's difficult but overall it just comes down to personal preference sometimes and there isn't much that can be done about it, but even so I just feel like the melan could be tweaked ever so slightly to just make the colors look better together if the same colors are kept. Even if Cresselia is not changed, I appreciate the art staff taking in and considering input from some users. Thank you for the communication, it is appreciated and if you have the time I hope you will continue to communicate with us. Thank you once again.
------------------- -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"

QUOTE originally posted by Shazi

@mikestarprince

"i am... so, so sad that the original albino/melan chimchar line have been replaced with the updated versions, as i really dislike how they turned out. the blue looks extremely generic for fire type albinos/melans" God, the chimchar line was a mess from start to finish. Not to go into too much details but as you can see with how many changes we made to the base sprites... yeah. I'll add this to the list of mon we might revisit since they aren't super liked~
hey!! thanks for the reply! here's some suggestions maybe? i think the updated chimchar line melans might be more well-recieved if they were changed to purple like the original melans. maybe a kind of violet-blue if you're worried about it looking like a darker version of the shiny? (since making magenta darker can look like purple.) the biggest issue for me is honestly the purple hands/feet/ear insides on the shiny being replaced with a kind of out of place looking yellow-green on the melan. the albino on the other hand doesn't look too bad, but the albino sprites are kind of muddy and features are pretty hard to distinguish, especially if you're like me and are using a dark site skin. i honestly could take or leave the albinos but i'm really, really elated you guys are considering changing the chimchar line's melans. i'm sorry if this comes off as rude, i'm just... really passionate about inferape and its pre-evos LOL

this has nothing to do with a/m colors and is really insignificant but it's still relevant to The Monkey

would you guys consider changing the irises on infernape's sprite to the color of the hands/feet/ear insides? it was visible on the gen 4 sprites, but it's absent in the gen 5 sprites that you guys use. it's really insignificant (literally it's one friggin pixel) and idk if people will really notice if you change it, but like, it's a canonical detail on the pokemon, you can see it on the 3d models too (even on pokemon home) as well as official art, and you guys do tend to add other tiny details like that onto the pfq versions of the sprites, so i was just curious. i do understand that this is pretty insignificant tho lol pt/hgss sprites, bw sprites, respectively, to show what i mean.
  • Misc.
  • Important Mons
i'm mike. it/its. credits | journal | art showcase (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ︵ ┻━┻ will buy these
abingy's Avatarabingy
Thanks for the response Shazi! I guess I didn't realize how yellow/orange shiny chansey is, so I thought of them all as variations of pink, which is why I was surprised that the melans seemed so drastically different. It's greatly appreciated that you'll consider bringing blissey's colors towards happiny :) On a separate note: Did Primal Dialga and Palkia not get updated sprites? I thought they would've since they are a part of a sinnoh line even though they're PFQ mons.
Trade Shop - Summons, S/A, Charm Rentals/Swaps, Egg Supplier Pass Rentals Credits
Avatar made by mewitti of deviantart. Free to use.

Pages: 123··· 646647648649650··· 746747748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page