PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 571572573574575··· 748749750

skiddo's Avatarskiddo
Thank you for listening to our concerns, and I look forward to the redesign of melan Galarian Ponyta, it's been one of my favourite pokemon since its reveal and I'd love to see it in all its true melan beauty ;O; Also about the sprite edits, those look great too!!! I never knew how much difference that one pixel on Ponyta's waist could make!!! :O As for Kantonian Ponyta though, I'll be kinda disappointed to see it change, since the albinos and melans are some of the most stunning sprites on the site that just really show how beautiful albinos and melans can be. But who knows, maybe revamped K-Ponyta will look even more gorgeous??? I mean, that's kinda my worry about a lot of Kantonian Pokemon (there's a few that look amazing that I'm planning to hunt in the future, Paras especially, and I kinda dread seeing them get potentially ruined XDDD) - will there ever be a point in which an albino or a melan is "finalized" and won't be changed further? And, about that melan Skuntank... is that really gonna be the future melan Skuntank? If so, that's another melan that I'd hate to see change - the current melan looks so much like an actual skunk, it's adorable, and looks way darker and way more "melanistic" than dis green chonky stinky skunky boi :(( But I'm sure I'll get used to it in time!!! :D
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
i had my liffe flash before my eyes for a second sfjklJFKL;DSJGFKL; I don't wanna pour all my thoughts out if it's just a possible example but ;____;'''' man. extremely extremely conflicted. I know nothing'll ever top the current melan for me, and I've accepted that in my heart, so this example would be a downgrade...but on the other hand it almost looks like me so :''D it's not the absolute worst case scenario I'd envisioned in my head, but uh, yknow. Don't wanna pour my heart out til its Here u kno O|-< time to go still my heart for a bit jkslfdjKL;FJSL;F so this is still on topic for actual confirmed sprites, pretty much agree w/ the whole, "It'd be nice for melans to be darker and sometimes consistency makes for worse color schemes and it'd be nice if rules were broken ~now and again~ in order to have pleasing designs at the artists' discretion" thing It's really nice to hear they'll be looked over again though!!
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp from Dungeon Meshi ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
oh man, how did i know kiryu would show up sooner or later? XD hope you're doing okay, skunk friendo!! Completely agreeing with their points though :p
Shazi's AvatarShazi
note that is not nessicarily what the new stunky line will look like, it was just me using it as an example. It might be the colours (tweaked because i can see issues there and my art brain is mad) but it might not. Like it said in the post lots of options are made and fiddled around with until we get one we're happy with
496 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty
Sad to hear about the Kanto Ponyta change. I was really hoping the lack of change was because the sprites were deemed "okay." Fingers crossed. Otherwise, I'm glad to hear the art staff are taking our thoughts into consideration. Also, is "art math" the hue shift tool? I'll admit I use it to make pleasing palettes on sprites as well.
⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle
VyrusVoyd's AvatarVyrusVoyd
I understand the consistancy thing, but I think some melans can stand to be more melan, rather than a albino-yet-darker color. I don't really know how to say this better- but melan Galarian Ponyta, for example, just didn't feel melanistic to me at all. I also think it looks like its about to get sick but- that's me. I think a rule can be broken once or twice, in favor of more pleasing melanistic pokemon sprites. Also I'm on the "sad current melan ponyta is going away" train, too.
söbble's Avatarsöbble
I'm happy to see the changes to Grapploct and G. Ponyta - it might be one pixel, but it really does make it look much better. I really appreciate the art staff taking time to make updates and listening to users. However, I still think that sinistea just... misses the entire feel of the Pokemon. The face is what gives sinistea so much personality, and I personally think just "make it the same, but bigger," won't fix the fact that the pose itself is flawed from the outset. I mean, look. I know staff probably doesn't want to get things too close to the poses in-game, but the fact that the face isn't even readable is honestly something I can't get behind, even in this bigger form. Something like the attack animation would have worked so much better, especially at this new, larger size. I also wish in my heart of hearts that art staff would just stop tying variant lines to their originals or whatever the situation is. Forcing the sprites to look "different," from each other while still being consistent is bad, especially when the point of a variant is that it is at least somewhat similar to its counterpart. No one is begging you to change Kantonian Ponyta. No one cares if they're literally the same color(s). People like the sprites they have - Kanto is done. Unless it's a saturation update or the entire region is getting redone again, please, for the love of Arceus, let it alone. There's no reason to update them other than just because you feel like it? And to inconvenience users? And to cause upset? Like it's literally not worth it for something that doesn't even have to happen. Side note: of course stunky is going to get a green melan, because it's just color swapped, but honestly I'm gutted. If you have to make an exception for any line, why would it not literally be the animals who are black and white in real life? Even a black-and-grey melan, like Bewear, would be better than a green melan for Stunky. Seeing a cream albino for stunky is super nice, though! Because domestic skunks actually do come in several shades of cream/cinnamon, like this cutie! Yet this just makes me long for a realistic melan one time even more, if I'm being honest.
× 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty

QUOTE originally posted by söbble

I also wish in my heart of hearts that art staff would just stop tying variant lines to their originals or whatever the situation is. Forcing the sprites to look "different," from each other while still being consistent is bad, especially when the point of a variant is that it is at least somewhat similar to its counterpart. No one is begging you to change Kantonian Ponyta. No one cares if they're literally the same color(s). People like the sprites they have - Kanto is done. Unless it's a saturation update or the entire region is getting redone again, please, for the love of Arceus, let it alone. There's no reason to update them other than just because you feel like it? And to inconvenience users? And to cause upset? Like it's literally not worth it for something that doesn't even have to happen.
I really want to focus on this part specifically because it's a really good summary of my own thoughts about varient lines. When Kanto/Alolan Slash were first updated for the totem, I was so confused to hear that they were both updated and that one couldn't be changed without changing the other because... reasons? I disliked it even more when it came to Kanto/Alolan 'Pix, because Alolan 'Pix was fine and there was no reason to change the updated sprite (especially because it looked like the old sprite anyway) when lightening/changing the color of Kanto 'Pix. Edit: Yeah, I'm also just generally not happy with the Kanto re-revamps... I don't see the point. Who's complaining? No one, really. Who complains when they're changed? A lot more people.
VyrusVoyd's AvatarVyrusVoyd
I actually think that is a valid point. From my understanding, Kanto had been updated entirely before. Why do some of these need to get redone, again? I'm going to be blund; but its redundant. Let Kanto sprites be. They're fine as is especially after that update. Tbh I will be upset if Melan Mega Rapidash changes. Its so pretty now ;-;
nil's Avatarnil
I don't really have anything to add that hasn't been said, i'm just going to echo that i'm glad the art staff is taking stuff like this into consideration but i don't understand why kantonian ponyta has to have the melan changed as well. galar might just be a variant, but galarian ponyta is an entirely different pokemon with different colors, different typing, different style. i thought kanto was re-done ages ago so i'm not sure why it has to be re-done again if it was fine the first time.
icon is an editied manga cap. ♡ lab || scroll

Pages: 123··· 571572573574575··· 748749750

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page