PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

söbble's Avatarsöbble
I'm happy to see the changes to Grapploct and G. Ponyta - it might be one pixel, but it really does make it look much better. I really appreciate the art staff taking time to make updates and listening to users. However, I still think that sinistea just... misses the entire feel of the Pokemon. The face is what gives sinistea so much personality, and I personally think just "make it the same, but bigger," won't fix the fact that the pose itself is flawed from the outset. I mean, look. I know staff probably doesn't want to get things too close to the poses in-game, but the fact that the face isn't even readable is honestly something I can't get behind, even in this bigger form. Something like the attack animation would have worked so much better, especially at this new, larger size. I also wish in my heart of hearts that art staff would just stop tying variant lines to their originals or whatever the situation is. Forcing the sprites to look "different," from each other while still being consistent is bad, especially when the point of a variant is that it is at least somewhat similar to its counterpart. No one is begging you to change Kantonian Ponyta. No one cares if they're literally the same color(s). People like the sprites they have - Kanto is done. Unless it's a saturation update or the entire region is getting redone again, please, for the love of Arceus, let it alone. There's no reason to update them other than just because you feel like it? And to inconvenience users? And to cause upset? Like it's literally not worth it for something that doesn't even have to happen. Side note: of course stunky is going to get a green melan, because it's just color swapped, but honestly I'm gutted. If you have to make an exception for any line, why would it not literally be the animals who are black and white in real life? Even a black-and-grey melan, like Bewear, would be better than a green melan for Stunky. Seeing a cream albino for stunky is super nice, though! Because domestic skunks actually do come in several shades of cream/cinnamon, like this cutie! Yet this just makes me long for a realistic melan one time even more, if I'm being honest.
× 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page