PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty

QUOTE originally posted by söbble

I also wish in my heart of hearts that art staff would just stop tying variant lines to their originals or whatever the situation is. Forcing the sprites to look "different," from each other while still being consistent is bad, especially when the point of a variant is that it is at least somewhat similar to its counterpart. No one is begging you to change Kantonian Ponyta. No one cares if they're literally the same color(s). People like the sprites they have - Kanto is done. Unless it's a saturation update or the entire region is getting redone again, please, for the love of Arceus, let it alone. There's no reason to update them other than just because you feel like it? And to inconvenience users? And to cause upset? Like it's literally not worth it for something that doesn't even have to happen.
I really want to focus on this part specifically because it's a really good summary of my own thoughts about varient lines. When Kanto/Alolan Slash were first updated for the totem, I was so confused to hear that they were both updated and that one couldn't be changed without changing the other because... reasons? I disliked it even more when it came to Kanto/Alolan 'Pix, because Alolan 'Pix was fine and there was no reason to change the updated sprite (especially because it looked like the old sprite anyway) when lightening/changing the color of Kanto 'Pix. Edit: Yeah, I'm also just generally not happy with the Kanto re-revamps... I don't see the point. Who's complaining? No one, really. Who complains when they're changed? A lot more people.
⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page