PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 669670671672673··· 748749750

I may be in the minority, but I actually preferred the black and neon melans...I miss them, and I'm really sad that a bunch were lost from the wiki I'm ok with the pink, blue, and purple albinos, but haven't been a fan of the yellow and green ones. I guess that's why there's CSS for replacing sprites? Because it sounds like Niet isn't going to change his mind on these sprite changes no matter what the user base thinks. Just a shame because a lot of us have paid real money (either before RMT was banned, or by buying ZC), and put a lot of our free time and effort into hunting specials that we now can't stand to look at. The albino and melan Cyndaquil lines already got updated with the Johto sprite update. They didn't need to be changed again.
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)

QUOTE originally posted by Alchemist's Fire

I may be in the minority, but I actually preferred the black and neon melans...I miss them, and I'm really sad that a bunch were lost from the wiki
you're absolutely not alone, i loved those black and neon melans! i have a huge soft spot for colors like that, i wish i was around before the wiki crash.
  • Misc.
  • Important Mons
i'm mike. it/its. credits | journal | art showcase (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ︵ ┻━┻ will buy these
Emma Aruna's AvatarEmma Aruna
i still think that neither of these things are the point, and are instead burying the point. everyone has their opinions. and thats fine and great. everyone can like colors. thats fine and great. i dont think it matters what 'albinos' are actually called. what 'melans' are actually called. you can argue somantics some other time. in a different thread. i still think the main problem is changing colors of the pokemon people obviously love. i dont see the point. every time im on here, or hear about it from other people, whenever recolors are done i see people either Hating it, not caring, or very few stating they like it. Very few. again, people hunt these rare pokemon for the colors. they make connections to them based on that, and because they may be their favorites or various other things. i see very little point in changing colors because its been like that 'a long time' or whatever.
Type Race Points:0 Check out my shop Here! Shinies/Albinos/and random stuff!~ Summons Collecting! 6,31,14,13,8,11,10,11 Clan Banner! Type Race , Dec 2020, score of: 4920 (formerly e/v and canon swap) Type Race , June 2022, score of: 5060
Austro's AvatarAustro
yes this is true it is also true that you can't make eceryone happy either though. if we look at this thread we got people on both sides either way. I was in the I don't care before because I hunted the pokemon I liked as just goals because I wasn't really a fan of any of them. really no matter what they do if they released more black and neon people wouldn't like it. Same can be said about the other. kind of a lose lose if you will. also like a said a good chunk again not all were hatched knowing it was coming also so I can understand from those who had them before but if it was hatched after the revamp notice you did know.
Lv. 100 — +33,387,579
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Dark
Happiness 27%
Relaxed nature
Ice Rock

Ice Rock

Special Evolution Item

(: 0)

[LEGACY] A sphere of ice that seems to freeze air around it.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 1,000

Lv. 100 — +34,317,245
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ice
Happiness MAX
Docile nature
Lv. 100 — +2,019,638
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Dragon
Happiness 27%
Sassy nature
Lv. 100 — +691,395
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Grass
Happiness 27%
Mild nature
Lv. 100 — +36,436,597
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Dragon
Happiness 27%
Jolly nature
Lv. 94 — 24,582 / 26,791
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Dragon
Happiness 27%
Modest nature
Borealis Lantern

Borealis Lantern

Summon Item

(: 0)

A magical lantern that casts rainbow-coloured light from its flame. This light is rumoured to attract Bunbori's interest.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +6,200,608
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Water
Happiness 27%
Timid nature
sc]

Codes Credits to 💙 Mirzam 💙
abingy's Avatarabingy
---[Quote Snipped by Moderator]--- I don't think the reasoning for updating them has ever been that its 'been a long time'. From what I've seen from staff, they wanted the sprites more consistent and/or have a certain standard, which the old sprites didn't meet, thus they wanted to update them. And the resprites have been happening for quite a while now, so except for maybe the ones hunted before they started, you are going into hunts knowing that if the pokemon is from one of the gens they still have to work on, the sprite will be updated. I will say though that I do agree with Alchemist's Fire about pokemon like the Cyndaquil line that have already gotten a sprite revamp. They shouldn't change the palettes once the sprites have already been revamped, any updates to the sprites should just be tweaks. I get that it only happens when a new mon from that line is released (whether it's a new regional form or mega or whatever), but the new sprite should be created to fit in with the existing line, not the other way around since there is seemingly no reason for the change
Trade Shop - Summons, S/A, Charm Rentals/Swaps, Egg Supplier Pass Rentals Credits
Avatar made by mewitti of deviantart. Free to use.
Emma Aruna's AvatarEmma Aruna
ok, sure, that makes a 'little' more sense. and i cant remem where i saw someone say something about updates because of time or because they were old. and im not going to take the time to find it, because i prolly wont be able to xD i know they annouce recolors. i've Delt with the changes til now. doesnt mean i have to like them. i've just delt with it, whether i like them or not, because what else am i supposed to do. i just play the game. but, an example. the Rowlet line. 0 changes in color were made to the shiny (except for maybe tiny tiny things i may have missed). they made several changes to the albino, and in turn the melans. they didnt need to change the albino, then the melan. but they did. they Could have just updated the sprite.
Emma's post sums up my feelings very well.

QUOTE originally posted by Emma Aruna

i dont think it matters what 'albinos' are actually called. what 'melans' are actually called.
Staff did a suggestion thread for changing the name of albinos and melans - here Tons of suggestions were made, but there were also a lot of "just keep the names" replies. Some folks even said changing the names would be enough to drive them off the site. It basically came down to "Thanks for your input but we'll keep the names, but maybe change them on PFNew" ---[Quote snipped by Moderator]--- The issue for me is definitely changing the colours of Pokemon that I love, and to what I consider "worse" colours. The colours themselves aren't the problem (blue is great, love purple, green's wonderful, pink's cute), it's the particular shades that are chosen.
quinnpanda's Avatarquinnpanda

QUOTE originally posted by Alchemist's Fire

The issue for me is definitely changing the colours of Pokemon that I love, and to what I consider "worse" colours. The colours themselves aren't the problem (blue is great, love purple, green's wonderful, pink's cute), it's the particular shades that are chosen.
my thoughts EXACTLY! theres absolutely a way to make those colors cute on a pokémon (ex. albino typhlosion with a different shade of yellow for the skin) but it just hasn’t come through recently. obviously there are some that are largely enjoyed (i don’t think there’s been any direct comments regarding the monkey trio) but those are hard to come by
= 20 = 20
Template credit: izu.ku Avatar credit: Agent8
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by wyrm

They seem to all be going to this gray'd blue/green/pink palette.
You've just described "every pale colour that exists". Every pale colour is either pale blue, pale green, or pale red ("pink"), or some combination of those. So in my opinion that means the artists are doing a good job of including every colour!
If I were to post every single Albino/Melan sprite with a green and purple coloration, it would be so, so many. I actually might do this later but I already know this will take a couple hours and I have obligations. (And I personally have a strong distaste for almost every single one of them.) As an aside, I feel the need to point out how silly it is that the fire is shaded on Hisuian Typhlosion. The rest of the sprite is fine but it's so stylistically strange when compared to Typhlosion or other Pokemon with fire.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
abingy's Avatarabingy

QUOTE originally posted by Emma Aruna

ok, sure, that makes a 'little' more sense. and i cant remem where i saw someone say something about updates because of time or because they were old. and im not going to take the time to find it, because i prolly wont be able to xD i know they annouce recolors. i've Delt with the changes til now. doesnt mean i have to like them. i've just delt with it, whether i like them or not, because what else am i supposed to do. i just play the game. but, an example. the Rowlet line. 0 changes in color were made to the shiny (except for maybe tiny tiny things i may have missed). they made several changes to the albino, and in turn the melans. they didnt need to change the albino, then the melan. but they did. they Could have just updated the sprite.
I didn't mean to imply that you have to like it, so sorry if it came across that way. I just meant to say that you know going into a gen 5-7 hunt that those sprites will be changed so you know you won't be able to keep that sprite forever. So that should just be considered when choosing a hunt for the sole reason of liking the sprite. Also they wouldn't change the shiny colors since those are the official colors in the games so any sprite changes would just be tweaks.

Pages: 123··· 669670671672673··· 748749750

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page