PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 668669670671672··· 748749750

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by NORsevvy

...especially not the harsh pink and blues that a lot of them have. green and yellow albinos are also not good at all imo, they really just don't look good
Again... you've just described all the colours. If we can't use red, blue, green or yellow, what's left? What are we supposed to do if you say every colour looks bad?
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Austro's AvatarAustro
when it comes to the melans, yes there are some I am not the biggest fan of fully.I personally in the end like it better than the lets gave everything neon colors, idk the black and some bright random color on everything was atleast to me just old to look at all the melans and see the same concept no matter what it did look thrown together somewhat. I like how it is going now over before I mean some pokemon are brown some shinies are brown or green why can't some of the melans follow like for example Ampharos the black and orange it had before looked rough to me the green and grey atleast to me is very fitting for a dulled down ampharos and looks nice over a just black and bright neon orange on. (ps if it is not known the pixel sprite for albino quilava is still the old one)
Lv. 100 — +28,280,176
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Dark
Happiness 27%
Relaxed nature
Ice Rock

Ice Rock

Special Evolution Item

(: 0)

[LEGACY] A sphere of ice that seems to freeze air around it.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 1,000

Lv. 100 — +29,231,758
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ice
Happiness MAX
Docile nature
Lv. 100 — +1,906,475
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Dragon
Happiness 27%
Sassy nature
Lv. 100 — +564,838
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Rock
Happiness 27%
Mild nature
Lv. 100 — +30,602,867
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Dragon
Happiness 27%
Jolly nature
Lv. 91 — 22,405 / 25,117
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Dragon
Happiness 27%
Modest nature
Borealis Lantern

Borealis Lantern

Summon Item

(: 0)

A magical lantern that casts rainbow-coloured light from its flame. This light is rumoured to attract Bunbori's interest.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +6,136,832
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Water
Happiness 27%
Timid nature
sc]

Codes Credits to 💙 Mirzam 💙
quinnpanda's Avatarquinnpanda
like many others have said, the cream colors worked really well with albinos and they were still slightly tinted pink (which, of course, is red) so i think it’s not so much not being able to use colors as much as it is using them in ways that don’t mesh.
= 20 = 20
Template credit: izu.ku Avatar credit: Agent8
NORsevvy's AvatarNORsevvy

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by NORsevvy

...especially not the harsh pink and blues that a lot of them have. green and yellow albinos are also not good at all imo, they really just don't look good
Again... you've just described all the colours. If we can't use red, blue, green or yellow, what's left? What are we supposed to do if you say every colour looks bad?
i just meant the oversaturated versions of these, sorry for not making that clear LOL, that's definitely my bad. the lighter, paler, more "cream-esque" colours looked really nice. the brighter versions of these colours is what i was getting at, sorry for not specifying that. you can definitely still use them obviously, they just clash pretty badly in the way that they're being used Currently edit: quinnpanda's post is exactly what i was getting at and my thoughts exactly :)
in peace, may you leave this shore, in love, may you find the next, safe passage on your travels, until our final journey to the ground... may we meet again. typerace points! - 0 [pfp is by spacehavoc!]
abingy's Avatarabingy
I may be in the minority, but overall I like the direction that the art team has gone with the sprite revamps. I can honestly say that there isn't a single pokemon that I preferred the old albino/melan sprite to the new one. No offense meant to the spriters who made the original sprites, but for the most part they were just low quality and look like there was no thought put into them. Obviously there are some new sprites that I'm not a fan of but that's bound to happen of course since you can't like everything. And sometimes I wish a different color palette was chosen for certain sprites, but I'd say that every revamp so far has been an upgrade to the sprite.
Trade Shop - Summons, S/A, Charm Rentals/Swaps, Egg Supplier Pass Rentals Credits
Avatar made by mewitti of deviantart. Free to use.
Austro's AvatarAustro
no I feel the same way all the melans and albinos were very just bright. They all had the same concept of black/white with a random bright color it seemed. looking at these also makes more sense in the wild aspect, those brights mona would not survive in the wild. I know not all of them but a good chunk of the people hatched these melans also knowing they would be revamped, so at least to those people they did know if they hatched something in that gen it would be different (again I do know this does not apply to all the melans hatched also) but yea I do agree I hatched ampharos hoping for a change cause it looked like a halloween decor before.

QUOTE originally posted by Austro

looking at these also makes more sense in the wild aspect, those brights mona would not survive in the wild.
that's... how it tends to be for most albino animals in the wild, though? ^^
  • Misc.
  • Important Mons
i'm mike. it/its. credits | journal | art showcase (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ︵ ┻━┻ will buy these
Austro's AvatarAustro
yep and thats also they aren't seen in the wild often they doesn't last due to the bright colors, but melans due to the dark colors depending where they are tend to have a higher survival chance because they aren't as easy to spot as a albino which is mainly why i brought ot up for the melans. I do know again it is a game and all that. but it is partly this and just well I am not the biggest fan of everything being bright. so the constant just black and a random neon color got old to me. I do like the fact that are more different in thir own way now and are more fitting for the survival of a melan.
i get that this is, like, nitpicky, but you have to remember that we aren't playing as pokemon trainers catching wild pokemon in pokefarm. we're playing as pokemon breeders, caring for our pokemon in our own pastures, where they're protected and safe. the idea that the old albino/melan palettes would make it hard for the pokemon to survive is, more or less, not really a valid criticism of those palettes for a setting like this, you get me? 'cause they ain't wild. i basically agree with most everyone else here, though. saintcrowns put it especially well, especially with the point of not really looking like albinos, more like shinies. while we've been told that the albinos are actually leucistic, they don't really look leucistic, either.
Austro's AvatarAustro
no I do understand these are just my own personally reasons for liking the new ones over the old nothing more. everyone is entitled to their own thoughts in the end these are mine. I thought personally that the old melans no matter survival looked just thrown together to add something new. I guess to me they didn't seem to have much diffrence in concept as most pf them were just black and a neon color. again this is just how I felt about it. but I also like the idea of if we can find shinies in the wild why would it not be possible for the others to also be born with rare odds? albino radar probably but I like to think if shinies could so could the others bit again just me.

Pages: 123··· 668669670671672··· 748749750

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page