PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 608609610611612··· 746747748

matecocido's Avatarmatecocido
oh my the melan is perfect ?? it's beautiful im wholesome, definetly not the yucky color I was kinda expecting ;;;
»» NO PMS PLEASE !! «« * * * *
i don't really get the appeal of the new melan palette. to me it doesn't look too much different from not only other melans but also from regular skuntank's palette. but whatever, totem skuntank's sprite looks pretty cool and i like it.
  • Misc.
  • Important Mons
i'm mike. it/its. credits | journal | art showcase (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ︵ ┻━┻ will buy these
MochaFox's AvatarMochaFox

QUOTE originally posted by cïnderace

it isn't green.....thank you god it isn't green seriously though, i've been dreading this recolor because i hunted stunky ages ago specifically because i loved the dark black melan. i eventually learned it would be redone and that it would probably be green and i was so upset. this looks fantastic though, thank you for going off of the typical "rules" to give it a great color
Green Melan Skuntank was used as an example IIRC. It was even stated that the recolor shown was just an example. Green wasn't a guarantee. Art Staff still followed the recolor rules, but as with most Melans, did their best to pick a good color ❤ Edit: found the post note how in Step 5 it is stated that the recolor is an example and not what it was going to be. 😄
✦ ✦
69/500+
153/500+
✦ ♥ Jacob Daniel born 7/17/18 ♥ ♥ Zander Leon due 8/1/24 ♥
✧ Template: [✦] | Avatar: [✦] | Background: [✦] | Font: [✦]
Canine's AvatarCanine
Can someone explain to me why the stripe color on the melan is the same as the body color on the normal? I know the shiny and regular share a similar stripe, but that's not really making the color choice make sense to me. Idk imo it looks really jarring and weird looking between the melan and normal sprites to see the same exact color, especially when the body of the melan is so much more saturated and darker.
Oliver. Male. 26. Melan Hunt Shop Code BG / Pixel Avatar: hellaonwheels@toyhou.se Sig Art Characters are mine.
annador's Avatarannador

QUOTE originally posted by Canine

Can someone explain to me why the stripe color on the melan is the same as the body color on the normal? I know the shiny and regular share a similar stripe, but that's not really making the color choice make sense to me. Idk imo it looks really jarring and weird looking between the melan and normal sprites to see the same exact color, especially when the body of the melan is so much more saturated and darker.
I *think* that's just coincidence of how the art math worked. The stripe color on the melan is a couple shades off of the stripe on the albino, like how the stripe on the shiny is a couple off of the stripe on the normal. Does that help any at all? //edit What I'm not understanding is why the mouth/nose changed on the melan, the shiny/normal are the same, so why is the albi/melan different?
Passively collecting ; ♦ Credits for ??? ♥ Steel Statues for Registeel ♦ Delta points for Milcery / Kitwurm Avatar from BananaLizard for my use ♥
Canine's AvatarCanine
Thank you anna, I see what you mean and I suppose that makes a little more sense. I guess it's just unfortunate coincidence that it ended that way, but I do think the melan stripe could still use just a little darker shade so it's more visibly different from the normal. Going to have to remove skunks from my long hunt list, but I do really love the spritework- good job whoever sprited. <3
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
I would have prefer the melan to be more greenish personally, I like dark blue-green melan. But i would also would have prefer if the albino was a bit less green funningly enough? I do like the revamp over the older special. Espicially the albino since the color are way more distinct. Edit: Funny enough, I prefer these one over what we actually got. Specially the albino.

oh and before and after pics

My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir
On a sheer aesthetic level I don't really *feel* Shinorin as much as I do Sikannos - the design doesn't really click as much - but I am definitely always down for more Mons that set themselves on magical fire
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
Frezgle's AvatarFrezgle
It's kind of Literally Just My Mom's Qilin, but the spritework itself is very nice! :v I'm not sure how I feel about it being so similar to Sikannos though; having not been a fan of that one I was hoping for/expecting something else, rather than "here it is again - but scaly!" It's possible also I'm just salty because the Caimaw line was THE peak for me and you can only go downhill from there, but-
Tikru97's AvatarTikru97
I'm probably the only person who feels this way, but there's too much going on with Shinorin's flames. It worked with Sikannos, because the flames were in particular places. Shinorin is covered in fire. The legs and the tail look good, but once you get close to the face, it gets out of hand. It's hard for me to concentrate on the face as a whole when it's been engulfed by the flames.

Pages: 123··· 608609610611612··· 746747748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page