PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 609610611612613··· 746747748

Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
I think its the swirls in the flames that doesnt really help. It's a bit too much. I think if it was only one swirls it would have been a neat little detail. But as it is, it feel too detailled. Oh and another one with a missleading egg. The back doesnt looks like little square, but like scales. I would have prefered if the egg reflected the scales rather than a repetable pattern that can't be found on the pokémon. But the colors are still nice and the sprite work is wonderful.
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
Amanome's AvatarAmanome

QUOTE originally posted by Nightmøn

I think its the swirls in the flames that doesnt really help. It's a bit too much. I think if it was only one swirls it would have been a neat little detail. But as it is, it feel too detailled. Oh and another one with a missleading egg. The back doesnt looks like little square, but like scales. I would have prefered if the egg reflected the scales rather than a repetable pattern that can't be found on the pokémon. But the colors are still nice and the sprite work is wonderful.
You do realize that the egg design is based off of the scales found on the normal sprite, correct? o3o;
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ Buying for zc - 60zc ZC UFT: 2 Free Toyhou.se Codes PM me! ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
code: izu.ku| bkgd
They do not look like square? I've never spoke about the colors, but the design. The pokémon have scales like pattern, not square. What I mean its that the egg design make me think about something about floor files? Like not really fish or mosaic-like as depicted on the pokemon. My comment at the end was about the colors choice in itself for the pokemon regular sprite, but alors its special one. If it can help visualise what I meant: The pattern on the egg doesnt really looks like the pattern the sprite have on the back. Edit: I wanted also to add that its only a personal taste. Even if I have some problems with the egg, I still really like the pokémon.
Amanome's AvatarAmanome
It's a more simplified version of the pokemon design. The scales don't have to conform to bodily proportions so they don't need to be adjusted and can stay "normal" for a lack of better words.
Thats only a preference of mine, don't worry! The egg is still great looking. Its just that I would have like a scaley looking egg so it look even more like the pokémon. But of course its not obligatory for it to work! ^^
Novan-chan's AvatarNovan-chan
I'm happy you still like it! I do hope this would be of some help in better seeing the design of Shinorin better. With all the splotches and the angle the sprite is in, its hard to really tell those are actually still the same scales, an the egg is still following the design, but only using a smol portion of said scales. Its merely that the pattern is uniform an following the original concept. The Link shows my original concept but also the concept when it was edited. Normal Shinorin was meant to be more sleek and graceful along with being a speedy boi. Utilizing its horn to fight. Where its angry forme is leaner an slower, putting its body into its hits The checker pattern the scales were in were changed, since it looked weird an appeared more like stripes of colour. Those patterns were chanegd after the egg was made, well into when teh sprite was still being worked on Shinorin's concept was made...late last year I believe. being designed roughly off a Kirin concept I had before but also another one that was scrapped. Pokemon like Xerneas and Blitzle also were referenced. it was meant to be simple in its design, as most of said detail would be in its mane and diamond-ish shaped scales. its sprite, made primarily by Bananalizard, was made more recently, opting into its design being looked at a bit more for small additional touches to it. I also suppose it may be cause I helped an made the flames, that I don't see the issue with them completely but I bare understanding. The flames were intended to be far more wild than on, say, Sikannos. With the flames swirling, to give those stylized clouds an fire look. Based on the image, the amount of swirls were reduced to the more bigger ones an getting the flames to where they are had taken quite a fair bit, attempts made by myself an a few artists. Though some of it was because of the intensity of the Red colour ^^' but yeeeah This Tourney was double Mythicals. Both in some way being part fire typing but far different from one another. big 'Huh' moment. Perosnally thogh, I'm simply happy of the new bois so Bunbori isn't alone... ...Bunbori is still the best though \o/
credits
Novan-Chan and all forms of her belong to me Avatar of Novan is made by me for my use only!
So i wasnt sold at first with mega chandelure, I felt like it was a bit too much, mostly with the shiny colors palette. But when I saw the melan? I'm definetly going to hunt for one.
LadyElemental's AvatarLadyElemental
It's SO PRETTY!!! That's all. I love it.
Background done by Golden Tempest. Sprites are official. This banner is for Lady Elemental's use.
Made by BlackBlood1872, more banners here
SpoodleBug's AvatarSpoodleBug
dang nice work on this!! it looks regal and pretty oh my~ the new albinos suit the line WAY better too, though the melan might take a bit for me to get used to
Avvy by SimonPetrikov
Zorovern's AvatarZorovern
I am HOWLING they're all so beautiful like??? *chefs kiss* perfect~
(avatar credit)
Helioptile fanart drawn by me in the Colors3D 3DS app.
Actual sig coming eventually :p

Pages: 123··· 609610611612613··· 746747748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page