PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 522523524525526··· 748749750

Parafox's AvatarParafox
Just quickly stopping by to say that I love the newest updates for the Vulpix lines. They are very beautiful, so much more than the former updates. Others have worded it much better before, so I'll keep it with that. Huge thank you to the Art team for the change! ^^
My username used to be Fuchsfee. Just call me Fox.
All images used for avatar and signature are recolors by me. Typerace icon made by myself. Only official game sprites used.
Joshua Kiryu's AvatarJoshua Kiryu
@Nightmon Digital art (involving light) and traditional art (involving pigments) phyiscally work differently. You said mixing paint, which is why I said pigments. You're not going to get gray in your example because you're doing it digitally. You also didnt use *every* eeveelution in your example (which you now insist what you meant even though you said paint, which doesn't match what you initially put forward for the example, or said) so you're going to get brown, because you're mixing red and yellow (orange) with blue, to make make brown. This happens because red, yellow, and blue aren't the primary colors in digital media.
These are. And they mix to become gray. But that isn't what you put forward so! Instead of just talking generic colours, let's do as you said and use a bunch of eeveelution colours besides, like, Umbreon (for obvious reasons).
Ayyy, still gray. This is what you get when you mix pigments. As you can see, brown is still not a "neutral" color. So when the hue of normal eevee is shifted, you're going to get an actual hue. Because brown is dark orange.
Hope that cleared things up.
100/∞ || Shop Journal || Free Art
Ultra power bar 4.03%
Hakano Riku's AvatarHakano Riku
@Nightmon, the reason you get brown is because with digital art, or at least most art applications as far as I know..The color system is RGB based, or red, blue, and green. You're using red, blue, and yellow. In my paint application at least, yellow is the mixture of red and green, thus the reason it's coming out as brown is because your yellow is adding too much red into the mix..Try mixing red, blue, and green to see if you get brown still. Should be grey ;w;' (Also be sure you're using equal amounts or pure red, blue, and green and not slightly off shades or that'll sway the color toward whatever you use most of) Edit: Oops, Psycho beat me to this..xD I'll leave it in though, 'cause it may or may not be helpful anyway ;P ~~ On a separate note, I'm absolutely adoring the purple melan Vulpix ;A; I'm glad that was changed from the blue. Not that I didn't like the blue per se, but the fact shiny Ninetales is already blue ruined that a little for me ;w; I actually disagree with the fact that it's too saturated, even in a realism point of view. Melanism is the increased developement of the pigment melanin within the hair or skin of an animal. And although melanin is a brown/black pigment, that isn't necesarily what the site is going for with melans (nor does that just mean it'd only be dark brown or black anyway, more on that later though) ;P With the idea that "albino" on this site is basically "leucism"..You could consider the idea that "melanistic" is actually just the opposite on a whole. Where leucism is the lack of pigmentation (a form of hypopigmentation), the site's melans may just be forms of hyperpigmentation, which is just the increased developement of pigments in the skin and fur/hair. There's carotenosis (increased orange pigmentation), xanthism (yellow pigmentation), erythrism (red pigmentation), and melanism (brown/black pigmentation). Funny thing about increased pigments is that it means more color/saturation. The aforementioned pigments too, are actually just about the only pigments that can be found in animals. Even blue birds are actually just blue because of the way their feathers are structured, reflecting light in a way that makes the melanin in their feathers appear blue..If a blue bird were to have increased melanin, it might just appear a very deep, dark blue in that case. Enough of that though, just for those arguing the realism point of view TwT Point is, I actually think melans should have higher amounts of saturation rather than just being darker and desaturated from the originals. It gives them a more vibrant, deep coloration that can be quite beautiful as with the Vulpix..Just my thoughts though <3
Avatar of Dian Rubens from Spice & Wolf
Type Race Score: 0
Type Race Clicklist: HERE
SpoodleBug's AvatarSpoodleBug
well i looked at them and they didnt immediately pop out as being weird so ill call it a good job. nice quick fix, you did well
Avvy by SimonPetrikov
VyrusVoyd's AvatarVyrusVoyd
Love K Vulpix's new Melan. It looks great now!
pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty
I love the new albino for Kanto! It actually looks more like an albino now.
⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle
VyrusVoyd's AvatarVyrusVoyd
I just love that shine it now seems to has. Really great job!
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
Still, you can get brown with the shades of the three eeveelution orange, since flareon is not red, blue and yellow. Maybe it's not perfetly the brown of eevee, but still. That still go with the second funfact actually, only the three first eeveelution have the theme of primary -> seconday as their shiny. That's why I tought it was obvious I was talking of them. Be indulgent to my 3 am brain xD I've edit my previous post to clear things up. Hope you'll better understand my reasoning. I have the clear souvenir that as a kid I didn't get gray like I wanted to with all the color of the paint, since we didn't use the true primary color in school. If eevee was indeed thinked in that way, maybe we originaly didn't know that the color of the three original eeveelution dont actually use the true primary color? And the blue of albino eevee still seems weird, even their melan have a brownish-black color with red brownish accent. Shouldn't be more logical to not choose a color who is a primary color? Like maybe purple, if we want to be fantasy. At least the brown of eevee doesn't seems too close of their other eeveelution or even the color we associate to type in general. With purple, we will not associate it in another eeveelution since, for now, we don't have a poison type eevee. The albino look like they want to evolve in a water or Ice type xD
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
Çelestanê's AvatarÇelestanê

QUOTE originally posted by Nightmøn

And the blue of albino eevee still seems weird, even their melan have a brownish-black color with red brownish accent. Shouldn't be more logical to not choose a color who is a primary color? Like maybe purple, if we want to be fantasy. At least the brown of eevee doesn't seems too close of their other eeveelution or even the color we associate to type in general. With purple, we will not associate it in another eeveelution since, for now, we don't have a poison type eevee. The albino look like they want to evolve in a water or Ice type xD
According to your logic every albino on site would look like it's evolving into an ice, fairy, psychic type? Unfortunately, you can't make every poke to look like the type it's going to evolve, it will be a mess. I personally really like blueish tint of albino eevee, and I think it complements the silvery shiny and greyish melan just fine
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
The logic of eevee's color yes... Look at previous post to better understand my reasoning. I'm not continuing on this conversation if no one would at least try to understand what I'm trying to say. It's too tireing and stressful to try to explain what is in my mind. People never think about to read beetween my lines. At least respect my opinion instead of waiting to prove me wrong at all price. I'm not saying that you are doing that. It's just an attitude I see from too much people. Opinion shouldn't be see as good or bad, they are just opinion, the way we *personally* think. Eevee have a "neutral" color who don't refer to any type, like any of its special color, except albino, who is blue. And I personally think that purple or a more greyish color would better reflect that. You think that shade of blue is perfect for eevee? That's cool for you! I just don't think it goes well with its concept.

Pages: 123··· 522523524525526··· 748749750

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page