PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 523524525526527··· 744745746

LadyElemental's AvatarLadyElemental
I'm going to jump in this conversation lightly, I will admit Albino getting a light blue tint has been throwing me off. I don't hate it, in fact I like most of the changes to the eevee line, but it is throwing me off. When I think of Eevee I think of relatively neutral colors, and blue isn't neutral. I also think that I just need to get used to it and then it will stop being weird for me. I also sort of understand why the art team might use blue, an actual color, because the shiny is already silvery-grey and obviously the art team doesn't want the shiny/albino to look to similar. On a different note, the idea of consistency is weird. I don't know how to say this without being confrontational, but I don't want to come off as confrontational. Okay, so there's the idea that the the albino color pattern follows the normal color pattern and the melan, the shiny color pattern, but I'm not really sold on that. I was looking at the wiki, and the normal Charizard line stays roughly the same color the entire time, but when you get to the shiny version, Charizard makes a jump from yellow/gold to suddenly grey/black, and we don't see a similar jump in the melan line. So that's not really consistent with what the art team's been saying I think. I don't think it's bad and maybe it is what the art team is trying to do but sometimes it feels like that's the reason they're giving but it doesn't actually match the changes they've made. This does not always apply, mind you, but the changes come out of the blue and sometimes we get very surprised by the change. (I'm also still not quite sold on melan Vulpix, even though the albinos are gorgeous. It's going to take me some time to get used to that as well.)
Background done by Golden Tempest. Sprites are official. This banner is for Lady Elemental's use.
Made by BlackBlood1872, more banners here
I like the albino eevee, not too sure about the melan, but I might just be too used to the old one.
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
Armageddemon's AvatarArmageddemon
Popping back in to say,,, im like the albino and melan vulpix line more It's still not my favourite despite them being my favourite pokemon if I were still planning to actively play on pokefarm (which I'm not) I'd be willing to hunt it again, and finally add more shinnies, albinos and maybe even a melan or two to my collection of vulpix babies.
Avatar is a Kuramon drawn by WanderSicova! Gif is from Digimon Adventure: Bokura no War game!
Shazi's AvatarShazi
Shiny charmander line is a frustrating one. Strictly speaking yes it does turn black/grey when it changes from charmeleon to charizard,but the black itself is actually tinted blueish. through some art maths that we do for the consistancy (horray for colour wheeling) this ended up going from the shiny (yellow -> blue) to the melan coming out as blue -> red/pink toned in the evolution step It's a little hard to take the contrast jump into the melans (I tried but any darker on the charizard melan and you would barely see it.) I imagine this is probably the part you mean moreso than the actual colours themselves. for the eeveelutions themselves the reason eevee us blue/cyan is because it's brown(or dark orange as it works with digital colours) and everything orange (and by extention yellow orange and red orange) became different shades of blue. See Flareon for comparison
499 Ice Fangs
106 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty
Personally, the color jump is very obvious to me? It might be my screen, but it goes from blue to reddish in a very similar jump to the shiny.
⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle
Vixony An's AvatarVixony An
I'm just wondering why the art staff has recolored sprites that were already revamped instead of doing revamps for the next region. The sprites were okay after the first revamp. Was it really neccesary to recolor them again?
Vaporeon26's AvatarVaporeon26
Well a lot of people were complaining about the abino kanto vulpix lines colors and there were more complaints than likes so the art staff redid the sprites
Avatar credit can be found in my journal under the art tabs
signature by Kattscribbles, with help from Wardove. Official Pokemon Art
Shazi's AvatarShazi
Nothing is being worked on instead of the other. Art staff are a team of 11 people, not everyone is on the task of the Sinnoh or Unova recolours. They are being worked on simultaniously, we just happen to be pushing Kanto out as they are gone over rather than waiting for the whole region like we did the first time. Please don't make assumptions about what art staff are and aren't working on. We try our best (and admittedly don't always hit the mark) on keeping everyone in the loop about where we are at with this project but you aren't in staff chat so you can't know exactly where we are with anything. I'm actually on my way to update the recolour thread that should be linked in the changelog to reflect where we are at with everything since not too long ago we had a meeting about the sinnoh recolours. (if all goes to plan we should only have two more of these review meetings before they go live) We got into the groove better and realised Kanto wasn't done to our specifications so yes, it is neccesary for us to go over them again.
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn

QUOTE originally posted by Shazi

for the eeveelutions themselves the reason eevee us blue/cyan is because it's brown(or dark orange as it works with digital colours) and everything orange (and by extention yellow orange and red orange) became different shades of blue. See Flareon for comparison
Still, why blue? Not every eeveelution shift in that way, vaporeon should be more orange, jolteon more bluish and sylveon with orange tips in that case if I understand correctly?
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
annador's Avatarannador
If I remember correctly, it's not as simple as "if shiny x color, albino is x color", but rather a combination of that and how much the poke changes from normal to shiny?
Passively collecting ; ♦ Credits for ??? ♥ Steel Statues for Registeel ♦ Delta points for Milcery / Kitwurm Avatar from BananaLizard for my use ♥

Pages: 123··· 523524525526527··· 744745746

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page