PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 425426427428429··· 748749750

iOlrickx's AvatariOlrickx

QUOTE originally posted by rmcqu1

I'm honestly, sincerely sorry if any of my posts have caused any hurt to any of the staff, but, as a member of the playerbase, I think it partially stems from the lack of response we've recieved from the staff.
I've seen staff respond to people plenty in the past especially when it comes to this subject, other changes and suggestions, do you know what happens? They're posts/points are either straight up ignored or they just have people pretty much say they're wrong and then proceed to tell them what they should do instead. Can't really blame them for not wanting to interact with people now.
Don't really have anything to say about the updates besides I've yet to be disappointed with any across the three regions so far, just keeps increasing the list of Pokémon I want to melan hunt rather than need to purely for my living dexes.
Other
• Current Type Race 10,103
Lazer-Bunny's AvatarLazer-Bunny
I like to consider myself at least an amateur artist, so I can totally understand how the art team feels, and that criticism can hurt sometimes. However, I don't think I have ever seen anyone on this thread post anything purposefully hateful, this whole community is lovely, and I am 100% certain that everything everyone has said here is because they want to help make a great game even better and help the art team further develop their abilities. Also sometimes people are bad with words, like people might say 'gross' when they really mean 'unpleasant' or 'I subconsciously associate that color with unpleasant things' or 'this happens to be my least favorite color'. I mean, I think that's fair, not everyone here is a professional artist or art critic, and some people here are young or have a limited vocabulary in terms of art criticism. What I'm trying to say is that everything where should be taken with a grain of sugar and we shouldn't all get so heated over this. I'm not super bothered by the new melans or anything, though I preferred a few old melans. Like the dark Absol was really cool and I'm gonna miss it and I thought the old Swablu/Altaria line was a lot easier on the eyes. I also ADORED the minty accents on the old melan Mega Mawile. (Admittedly I also liked my pink Registeel a lot...)
☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆ ♡JournalArt shopCredits♡ Emo Squad ☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆
Caliban's AvatarCaliban
I just want to say all the sprites are lovely and art staff did a great job on them all! Keep up the great work y'all <3
Avatar is my sonic OC Presto, drawn by Kazuma Kiryu
AxelBby's AvatarAxelBby

QUOTE originally posted by RozziDoodles

Albinos not being true to life albinos have already been addressed, with the albino radar pages, of how they're closer to leucistic than albino. But nevertheless, nothing about pokemon is true to life anyway. You really think you can give your dog a fancy rock and it can turn into a wolf? It's a fantasy experience and the art staff is taking artistic liberties which they're absolutely allowed to do. @AxelBby there never was an official sprite for those
omg i just searched it up!!! I never knew that the other forms of castform didn't have shiny sprites!!!! I'm shook now lol.
Avatar drawn by https://pokefarm.com/user/Breadkureiji Check out our trade shop
They were more melanistic before than they are now. At least they were partially black before, now they look dull and I feel like the art team has no ability to distinguish black from purple. My main point is they have not a lick of black in them. The old melans at least all had black in them. The new ones are purple. They do not deserve to be called melanistics. If you'd read my previous post, Rozzi, I already addressed their artistic liberties and how they're taking them in the wrong way. ^^; None of the melans after this update I want to hunt. They're all disappointing to me and if this trend keeps persisting it will drive my interest to melan hunt anything (which is literally the entire point of the site) out the window. I'm done with this argument.
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria

QUOTE originally posted by iOlrickx

QUOTE originally posted by rmcqu1

I'm honestly, sincerely sorry if any of my posts have caused any hurt to any of the staff, but, as a member of the playerbase, I think it partially stems from the lack of response we've recieved from the staff.
I've seen staff respond to people plenty in the past especially when it comes to this subject, other changes and suggestions, do you know what happens? They're posts/points are either straight up ignored or they just have people pretty much say they're wrong and then proceed to tell them what they should do instead. Can't really blame them for not wanting to interact with people now.
While there has been good interactions with the staff, and some people have been rude to them afterwards, I've been seeing much more negative comments from the staff than positive. Just look at Niet's post in the Trainer Customization thread. Someone suggested a way to hide the large trainer sprite. The tone I got from his response pretty much boiled down to, "I can do whatever I want because I own this site." I'm not saying all staff to community interactions are either good nor bad, but I think if we all work towards having better interactions, it'll benefit everyone in the long run.
Buying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling. Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
@FinalAbsolution I understand you not *personally* liking any new sprites. To be honest, I don't find myself either. Your wording however, is coming off rather harsh. Blatantly saying you won't be hunting anything from Hoenn anymore. That's offensive. Whether you mean it or not. You can be passionate about this. You are, clearly. But in order for your wish of different looking colors and different sprites to have a *chance* of coming true, you need to be more polite. Nobody wants to read that kind of post. I legit am only posting because I was upset reading that just now. Melanistic pokemon don't need to be black, to be melanistic. It might look better for some cases, but they don't deserve to be called terrible and you don't need to swear off Hoenn. The main goal for the revamps is CONSISTENCY. The art team goes months tediously working on these sprites and they will address us, they are addressing us, as they can. Just give it time, be polite, and give them a chance to work with us toward the common goal. Please.
Stoutland's AvatarStoutland

QUOTE originally posted by RozziDoodles

Albinos not being true to life albinos have already been addressed, with the albino radar pages, of how they're closer to leucistic than albino. But nevertheless, nothing about pokemon is true to life anyway. You really think you can give your dog a fancy rock and it can turn into a wolf? It's a fantasy experience and the art staff is taking artistic liberties which they're absolutely allowed to do.
Even with that being the case, shouldn't the colors be more on par with the Pokemon's base itself instead of suddenly changing base colors? In example, should Albino Corphish be more of a pink than a pastel blue? Or Grumpig's change from purple to green? There doesn't seem to be reasoning for some of them as to why they're those colorations.
Current Type Race: 0 Icon by wirr!
× 71 / 1000
× 82 / 1000
LadyElemental's AvatarLadyElemental
But we also need to remember that some Pokemon's shinies are nowhere the pokemon's original color. So...
Background done by Golden Tempest. Sprites are official. This banner is for Lady Elemental's use.
Made by BlackBlood1872, more banners here
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
I mean to be fair, the term Melanistic is kind of scientifically incorrect anyway. Bit iffy since it came from old ancient Greek without there being a thorough understanding of how melanin works. Pigmentation works with a combination of two types of melanin - well three actually. The term still makes me frown. But that is beside the point. Note; that most images on google where you search 'melanistic' aren't all that accurate and some faked. That black lion? Fake. Now if we wanted to be realistic we should be calling them Eumelanins - doesn't sound right does it? Haha. I'm kidding of course. Anyway; people can certainly give their opinions and we will read through them. We always do, sadly if we disagree and state our opinions they tend to get ripped apart - regardless. We can't please everyone. But we can have a civil discussion on why such choices were made.
♔ Fae King Give me equality.

Pages: 123··· 425426427428429··· 748749750

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page