PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 424425426427428··· 748749750

Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
im actually rather shocked a lot of people have beef with the melans and albinos in this update, i remember going thru the specials in the wiki and getting to hoenn and going like "god these melans need an update" and they did, and they all really look wonderful, I dont know what the beef with melan absol is, In my opinion the old one is no where near as aesthetically appealing as the beautiful new one, Same with swablu line which looks fantasic (i love the storm looking clouds on the melan wth) I'm SUPER excited for sinnoh revamp!!! Art staff you did great!!!
credit
Background drawn by DestinySquared on twitter OCs belong to myself and axelbby based off Mass Effect F2U code by Gumshoe Icon by me
AxelBby's AvatarAxelBby
I personally love a lot of the new melans and albinos. I was so afraid that the new electrike wouldnt be as pretty but it's soooo good omg <3 I cannot wait to hunt that baby boi Honest opinions Thrasher i don't understand what you see in the old Altaria compared to the new one lol I ADORE the new one. Much nicer colors The new gardevoir sprite is pretty too? I don't understand your beef x3 My favorite new albino is by far Corphish.The blue is sooo beautiful. I used to be not so fond of many of the melans in hoenn but this new update is so good and i've been very excited for it. art team did not disappoint I can't wait to see what you do with Sinnoh
Avatar drawn by https://pokefarm.com/user/Breadkureiji Check out our trade shop
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria

QUOTE originally posted by Constantine

Guys enough, continue with your opinions of course. But you do have to realise this is a very small team. I'm not sure how many times staff can keep saying it. I'm not even art staff and some of the comments from this thread are for lack of a better word, demoralising. Opinions are great; feedback is great. But not when you're doing what Brindle put forward. Their reading your comments now, and yeah. Give them a moment. Some of these comments are hitting hard. They need time.
I'm honestly, sincerely sorry if any of my posts have caused any hurt to any of the staff, but, as a member of the playerbase, I think it partially stems from the lack of response we've recieved from the staff. It's hard to give the types of comments you are referring to if we're used to being ignored, or, sometimes when we do get responses, having them being hurtful to us. I have friends here who have been harrassed or receive inaproprate responses from staff members in the past. Greater communication, even so much as something like, "We've noticed your dissatisfaction in this feature. Give us a bit to work out a solution." would do much to help lower some of the negativity from threads like these. Since I typed too slowly, I am in the same boat as Final on most of her points. It's just things like the almost instant rejection of the "Use legacy sprites for a fee" suggestion (An easy solution to this entire problem, and any future problems arising from the other 4 regions), give the userbase the impression that our ideas are unwelcomed, something Final brought up earlier. I'll extend the same offer to the staff as Final: Give me a PM or a Discord call (Though I'm glossophobic, I'll try my best), and I'm willing to explain better my ideas with words than I can with text.
Buying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling. Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
KAKarma's AvatarKAKarma
I see all the strong feelings about the change to the melens and albinos, and I just want to drop my opinion to mostly get it out XD I'll go crazy just softly mutting to myself. I'm sad with some of the melen changes. I undestand their goal and think it's a really cool idea to make the melenistics not look like like a neon and black recoulor, but I think some REALLY didnt have to change because of WHAT the pokemon is making it so that they dont need to be like a real melen, such as my heartbreak with this update... the Sabeleyes. Aren't they make of crystals?? And even if you want to change the base WHY CHANGE THE GEM THEY ARE HOLDING??? The rich blue was like the melen Sableye found a shaphire to carry, the albino a rich pink dimond, why change those? Why make the melens gem a citrine? or well the colour of one XD Some melens do look nicer!! I agree with a good bunch that really did need to be updated... but not all of them. I admit while I do agree that many of the melen's value was ruined with the changes, making them look less striking or cleanly done with the update, my main pain is that I know at least I worked REALLY hard to get a certan melen because of how perfict it looked to me... only to have all that effort ruined. And I know a fair few others have had the same happen. (RIP all the melen legondary hunters) and I'm going to have to redraw in art how my Sableye looked before in memory of my perfict pair who's look matched their names so well it made my week when I got them. Keep doing what you're doing art team if by some chance you see this. I apreciate the hard work you do... This is just my personal opinion. <3
305/350
701/2100
2853/3200
Collecting the above.
Gonplei's AvatarGonplei
i can definitely understand why people would prefer the old sprites, but personally i prefer these new sprites. to me, they seem to actually follow a type of pattern as opposed to old sprites that seemed, to me, to have random colors kinda thrown around. more specifically the melan sprites. i personally enjoy all the sprites, both new and old but these new sprites are beautiful <3 again, i definitely see both sides but i'd have to say that these new sprites are wonderful to me and i like them very much! art staff, your work is excellent <3
credits past usernames were Samus & Edgy my guide directory --> XXX (still a wip) 'Jesus Christ you're so damn cold, don't you know you've lost control?'
The new sprites are great and all. But my main beef is that they are no longer melanistic by definition. If the shades of purple and deep green and burgandy that the staff team are trying to pass off as Melanistic were actually Melanistic I'd have no problem with the changes.
Stoutland's AvatarStoutland
FinalAbsolution's reasoning is why I'm motly upset with many of the new albinos. They no longer fit what alibinism is like. If they were called pastel or something similar, I'd be more okay with them. But I enjoyed the proper albino sprites and am sad to see that none of them follow what albinism is anymore.
Current Type Race: 0 Icon by wirr!
× 71 / 1000
× 82 / 1000
Canine's AvatarCanine
Saying they're no longer melanistic by definition implies they ever were, which... they weren't and never have been. Before the revamp there were loads of neon melan sprites in this region, are you trying to say those were realistic? Because that's what's being implied and it doesn't make sense. Just like the albinos, which are also not realistic (to the point there have been suggestions to rename them to something else). The game has never been rooted in reality, and if it were that would in my opinion make almost all the melans bland because they would be stuck with only a handful of colors.
Oliver. Male. 26. Melan Hunt Shop Code BG / Pixel Avatar: hellaonwheels@toyhou.se Sig Art Characters are mine.
AxelBby's AvatarAxelBby
I just saw in the sprite discovery thread that the shinies for castform were changed. I love them, they look really good. but I don't understand why official pokemon shinies were changed, because i didn't expect them to be. Is there a reason? just curious
RozziDoodles's AvatarRozziDoodles
Albinos not being true to life albinos have already been addressed, with the albino radar pages, of how they're closer to leucistic than albino. But nevertheless, nothing about pokemon is true to life anyway. You really think you can give your dog a fancy rock and it can turn into a wolf? It's a fantasy experience and the art staff is taking artistic liberties which they're absolutely allowed to do. @AxelBby there never was an official sprite for those
Avatar is of my character Deoxy drawn by JadedJynx on deviantART

Pages: 123··· 424425426427428··· 748749750

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page