PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PokéDex errors

Forum Index > Core > Bugs >

Pages: 123··· 2728293031

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
That variant is a Sneasel variant. Its stats are irrelevant. That is all.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
skypony101's Avatarskypony101
I tried hatching an Abra a day or so ago for the contest, and apperently abras color is brown? I can see that it's brown on the chest area, but Abra is mostly yellow. Is this an error? (I do not have shiny Abra registered, if that helps)
my avatar is a picture of my dog Tika, taken my me :) check out my dexing service! *
image made by me. shiny, albino, mega, and totem sticker from PFQ
Juku's AvatarJuku

QUOTE originally posted by skypony101

Snip!
Welcome to the wacky world of PokéDex Colours, haha! As bizarre as it seems, this is entirely canon information simply being reflected here on-site! Did you know Fennekin is considered "Red?" Or that Weepinbell is "Green?" Or that Mareep is "White?" It gets a bit weird in some areas, haha! And don't even mention the fact that there's no Orange! /lh To answer your question, though, no, it's not an error; just a slightly odd decision made by The Pokémon Company & GAME FREAK, haha! ^v^ - Juku

Juku | They / She / He | 22

ShadowRotom's AvatarShadowRotom
Volcanion’s colour is listed as brown here, but should be red.
Shoot me a PM if you ever want to talk! My door is always open and I have experience with mental health issues. Spinarak drawn by me
Shirarisun's AvatarShirarisun

QUOTE originally posted by ShadowRotom

this isn't an error - brown is volcanion's canonical color category. pokédex colors are weird. edit: ok so the bulbapedia page for volcanion says it is red, but its list of pokémon by color says it is brown. i'm not sure which is the correct one. edit AGAIN: just so happened to have a volcanion in pokémon home, can confirm the dex there says it is brown.
shira//any pronouns//-4 server time hunt journal
pfp source | sprites from kirby super star
ShadowRotom's AvatarShadowRotom

QUOTE originally posted by Shirarisun

QUOTE originally posted by ShadowRotom

this isn't an error - brown is volcanion's canonical color category. pokédex colors are weird. edit: ok so the bulbapedia page for volcanion says it is red, but its list of pokémon by color says it is brown. i'm not sure which is the correct one.
Hmm, so I’m getting some mixed results looking through various wikis(using my sketchy knowledge of colors in other languages when needed). The general consensus seems to be brown? Edit: just putting my findings here for fun(because I made a list before learning of the HOME data and I also found it kinda interesting)

sunk cost fallacy at work

3 sites list red(Bulbapedia, Serebii, and Pokepedia(french)) 5(?) sites list brown(Pokewiki(german), wikidex(spanish), pkmncentral(italian), and the Japanese and Chinese wikis in the same group(links don’t copy well)) Overall tally leads me to conclude brown, especially with the new HOME data, but it’s curious to me to see the differences.
Lunalatic's AvatarLunalatic
An oddity I've noticed with a few Pokemon that are exclusively one gender is that their Pokedex entries use gendered pronouns to refer to the species, inadvertently implying that the species in question consists of one individual. Furthermore, in most cases these entries are modified versions of canon dex entries, which refer to the Pokemon as "it" like other species. However, I understand if this was done deliberately as a stylistic choice. What I'm flagging as a potential error is that this usage of gendered pronouns for Pokemon that can only be one gender is applied inconsistently across the Pokedex, and sometimes even within the same line or counterpart pair. Related Pokemon with inconsistent pronoun usage in their dex entries include:
  • Tauros/Miltank: Kantonian Tauros' entry uses masculine pronouns ("Once he takes aim at his foe...", but neither the three Paldean forms nor its female counterpart Miltank use gendered pronouns ("..so it's been supporting...", "It swims by jetting water from its horns.").
  • Tyrogue's entry uses masculine pronouns ("He is famous for his eagerness to fight..."), but none of its evolutions (Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop) do.
  • Smoochum's entry refers to the species as an "it", but its evolution Jynx uses feminine pronouns ("Her cries sound like human speech.").
  • Tinkatink and Tinkaton's entries use feminine pronouns, but the middle stage Tinkatuff uses neutral ones.
  • Other canon gender-exclusive Pokemon with gendered pronouns applied consistently and accurately when applicable include the Happiny line, Wormadam and Mothim, and Gallade.
  • Canon Pokemon that are gender-exclusive but do not have pronouns in their dex entries include Nidoran's branching evolutions, Kangaskhan, Volbeat and Illumise, Froslass, Throh and Sawk, the Petilil line, the Rufflet and Vullaby lines, all four Forces of Nature, the Flabébé line, Salazzle, the Bounsweet line, the Hatenna and Impidimp lines, and the Milcery line.
  • Site-exclusive Pokemon don't follow a consistent set of rules regarding pronouns; for example, the all-male Caprikid line uses gendered pronouns but the all-female Valkind line doesn't.
TLDR: The Pokedex is applying gendered pronouns to Pokémon that can only be one gender, which is not done in the official games, and is inconsistent about when this is applied. Some clarification on the matter would be appreciated.
The Muse's AvatarThe Muse
i noticed in the paldean dex that only koraidon shows up as a pokemon instead of cyclizar under the pokemon number 966. there also isnt a dex option for miraidon, nor a visible one for cyclizar. is that intentional?
ValleryP's AvatarValleryP

QUOTE originally posted by The Muse

i noticed in the paldean dex that only koraidon shows up as a pokemon instead of cyclizar under the pokemon number 966. there also isnt a dex option for miraidon, nor a visible one for cyclizar. is that intentional?
Moraidon/Koraidon + other 2 formes are considered as a "Forme" of Cyclizar so it shows whatever forme you looked at last. It is similar to the other Paradox Pokemon like Delibird. If you view Delibird the dex will show Delibird in the list but if you view the Iron Bundle Forme, leave the page, then return the Iron Bundle will be where Delibird should be.
Score: 70

Apocalyptic Growlithe Pic|Avi by Kattling
The Muse's AvatarThe Muse

QUOTE originally posted by ValleryP

Moraidon/Koraidon + other 2 formes are considered as a "Forme" of Cyclizar so it shows whatever forme you looked at last. It is similar to the other Paradox Pokemon like Delibird. If you view Delibird the dex will show Delibird in the list but if you view the Iron Bundle Forme, leave the page, then return the Iron Bundle will be where Delibird should be.
i had no idea abt this, thank you for the assistance!!!

Pages: 123··· 2728293031

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page