PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

The Big Update

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234567··· 192021

GLJordan's AvatarGLJordan
thank you for the update. fortunately I am still in the early stages.
BoWhatElse's AvatarBoWhatElse
Great! Great planning doing this in the exam week, this will stop distracting me! I hope everything will go right and I wish you good luck that week.
My Pokesonas, Made by Animela c:
Art Shop
RedCydranth's AvatarRedCydranth

QUOTE originally posted by BoWhatElse

Great! I dont know if these questions have been asked already but: First: that week, a lot of peoplehave an hypermode active this month, will we lose this entire week of our hypermode? That would be a total bummer since for example myself: I cant buy ZC myself and it's really hard for me to get a new one.. And would your shiny chain still be intact orr..?

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic on Hypermode

In theory, I am to guess (the best person to answer this is Niet, but as he's currently asleep, I'll say what I think is to happen) that Hypermode's will all be placed on "hiatus". In other words, the timer on your Hypermode's should not be affected.

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic on Shiny Chain

In theory, the answer is 'no'. That would... It would suck. Pretty hard. It'd cause a few tantrums, and not without reason... Soooo WE WANT TO AVOID THAT. Because we're doing everything within our power that the transfer is as painless as possible for EVERYONE.

Second: aboutt he egg dex: so we have to hatch every egg all over again. (Its nott hat huge of a problem though) but I hope the eggs in the lab will again be shown as bad eggs again right?
That seems to be the case. It'd make little sense to be able to identify the eggs without an EggDex to reference. So, all lab eggs will be back to their unshown state and the Shelter's hover will all say ??? Egg until you replenish your EggDexes.
Signature by Naiyala
BoWhatElse's AvatarBoWhatElse
I see, thank you RedCydranth. (I already edited my post before I saw this, oops)
Primpy's AvatarPrimpy
Will the PokeRadar become a hypermode-only item? I hope not!
RedCydranth's AvatarRedCydranth

QUOTE originally posted by Primpy

Will the PokeRadar become a hypermode-only item? I hope not!
Did it say that it will? What causes you to jump to that conclusion? EDIT: BTW completely off topic, the dancing kid in your about me is one of my favorite animated GIFs on this site. He's a riot.
EbonyKnight6's AvatarEbonyKnight6
Cool! The updates start on my birthday! It's like a present. :P *cough* Anyways, super excited! Loving all the new stuff being brought to PFQ. And with the only set backs are having to gain the pokedex/eggdex entries again, I think that's awesome. It gives me the opportunity to fill it differently than I usually do. Loving all of this~ And even though it will take a few days away from my beloved PFQ time, I'll just work on some stuff I've been putting off til the site's back up. :3 Thanks for the news!
Lila's AvatarLila
Wow, I dunno what to say... Updates and all this stuff.. But I do know one thing I have to say and I'll even bold it and make it a bit bigger...
A huge, huge thank you to Niet and the whole entire staff team for making this possible with your hard work and effort put into this site and all the, everything!
It's really hard to find a site as good as this nowadays and I think you guys are doing an awesome job so keep on going and keep making this site even better... The only thing I don't really agree with is the dex reset but hey, we can make the most of it and do things differently, the way we originally wanted to. I know for sure that I wouldn't mind, if it had to be reset, because it's for the best. It's either lose your dex or lose the updates...
Oro's AvatarOro
Will pokemon found by fishing and in the Underground still be obtainable from the Lab? If yes, will their chances to be found in the Lab be same as before or will they become considerably harder to get from there in order to give us further motivations to go fishing / enter the Underground instead? If those pokemon won't be obtainable from the Lab anymore I think the dex reset is really for the best. Had we kept all of our eggdex and dex entries we would have gone fishing / digging only for the items and for shinies really.

QUOTE originally posted by BoWhatElse

Great! Great planning doing this in the exam week, this will stop distracting me! I hope everything will go right and I wish you good luck that week.
I second Bo on this, thanks for giving me some more study time again XD (Oh who am I kidding, I'll end up playing Voltorb Flip for hours everyday and try to win a Sylveon)
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Just to throw in a couple of official answers to things: - You may have noticed that the Dex shows you how many times you have obtained each entry. Notice how it doesn't just keep going up whenever you visit its Summary. The "visiting your summary" thing was a bugfix hack added because the Dex registration code on PF1 was broken. You will need to re-obtain them. (But on the positive side, trading counts as obtaining... oops! :x Best way to get your Mega Evolutions back :p) - Hypermode will indeed be frozen during the updates. In other words, it will be extended by however long the site is down for. - I will try to keep the Online Chains functional - after all, I hardly want to lose my 191 chain! Should it fail and I lose the chains, I'll add in an item that will set your chain to match your current max chain once only, so you can resume that Online Chain. - Shiny hunt chains will not be affected and will continue as normal. - Progress towards unlocking the Mega Ring is a statistic, not Dex-based, so it will be unaffected. I think that answers the main questions I've seen.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Pages: 1234567··· 192021

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page