PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123··· 3233343536··· 484950

well, i read most of this while our school had a little crisis concerning the fire alarm. and this was the day AFTER a shelter in place at around the same time. so i kinda just skimmed through it first time. saw something about gigermo needing gems, auto feeder, and some stuff so imma slam an opinion on here since nobody asked :) this is going to be a long note The code was too complicated for my tired brain who just finished processing what the heck meiosis was, so i just skipped the part. to my knowledge, it doesn't really change anything playing-wise, just neater code, so I have nothing much to say :D As for the compatibility thing - I think this is a great improvement~ I mean, I don't see any setbacks. At least you've got a chance to change it. And I GREATLY support the nature thing - although I might be a teeny bit biased. Because all my pairs that I use are double lonely, this is going to help me breed SO MUCH I didn't understand much about happiness, but more buffs, so that's nice. More eggs to adopt are just great! Buffing exclusives *throws confetti* just motivated me to hunt them more AND FORGIVE ALL CAPS BUT YES THE FILL ALL OPTION NO MORE SCREAMING AT SLOW WIFI- *Ahem* Yes I actually ran into the *I want to release this type of egg* and then realized I couldn't? Thxxx More info I'm just gonna skip over since I am a bit into the game and not going to read all that <3 Also, maybe they just got deleted or something, but I don't see that many aggressive users. From what I read, they seem...disappointed(?) or unhappy(?) but not outright "I hate this this sucks" with no reasoning or "i demand you change this back" type. I've seen ones that greatly voice their displeasure but its more of a "could we please not?" type of attitude
Star | She/Her | Psychopath
BORED TO DEATH!!
Collecting
summon_dce.png x 500 summon_jir.png x 500
Sells a variety of things!
Credits
Full credits here. PFP => Salty_Lightning on Pinterest Button => Kaelwolfur
dalia's Avatarhypermode-12.pngdalia
booster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png

QUOTE originally posted by dalia

i'm gonna refrain from commenting on any of the previous discussion because it is simply too much for my brain personally, i use the red gig every so often, and i'm also building up my wishforge badges, so my initial reaction to the proposed change was hesitant i know it has already been said that there will be no change to the red gig for now. but i want to offer a suggestion: what about berries? as a player thats active in type races, tourneys, hunting, etc. i often NEVER use berries (aside from the contests sometimes). i never go to the berry garden because...i just dont need to each berry has a flavor preference that aligns with pokemon flavor preference. so rather than the gem type needing to match the breeding pair, it would instead be the berry flavour matching the pairing flavour preference theres also common berries vs rare, maybe common berries would give the 10 minute use while rare berries have a longer duration, similar to the idea of small/medium/large/flawless gems being used not only would this offset the issue people have with using gems, but it would also encourage people to use their berry garden more. honestly i wish there was more of a reason to use it, cuz its cute! but as of right now, i just don't have a use for it. perhaps this would be too complicated to implement, or is a silly idea all together, but i just wanted to throw it out there.
bumping this as a few others expressed they liked the idea!
dalia | 25 | they/them | journal sweet and spicy collector! Type Race Score; dragon.png 10080
credit
Leacky's Avatarhypermode-12.pngLeacky
hypermode.pngarceus.pnga+.png
Guys, please don't forget that not everyone is a nature hunter and those like me with hundreds of pairs with mixed natures will be hit by this update really hard.
Credits: *Image of Purple Glaceon used with permission* *Avatar is an official Glaceon sprite from Pokemon Conquest*
I'm back! *My new Shop*
Tala-chan's Avatarhypermode-12.pngTala-chan
booster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngb+.png
Adding in on the train that berries would be a really great idea! I'd love to have more use for them. The Berry Garden just kinda... Sits there unless you're looking to make Pokeblocks, Nectars, or odd collections here and there. It's something that can definitely be utilized more, and doing this would also encourage unlocking it all the way! The Berry market has been kinda unimpressive but it'd increase the value of them for sure.
Score: 45694
Original by LycanKai, new by NassiLove, icon by Pokefarm
Avatar by BugHusband for my use only!
DragonDance's Avatarhypermode-12.pngDragonDance
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png

QUOTE originally posted by Leacky

Guys, please don't forget that not everyone is a nature hunter and those like me with hundreds of pairs with mixed natures will be hit by this update really hard.
Same here I have 36 FIELDS of mixed pairs that I made before this update was announced. The sheer number of hours I’ve already spent making these and grinding to get them to at least level 50 is a huge blow to me. And it’s really disheartening that so many players are so dismissive about this. Yes I *can* fix them but redoing that many makes my chest tighten. The other changes once my friends explained them since math isn’t something I process well I can adapt to. The berry ideas do sound like a great use for berries to be honest.
summon_zer.png × 47 / 500
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Leacky

While I understand your frustration, especially if you've already gone through the effort of getting 99% pairs before, I urge you to please consider the longer-term benefits here. - Before: Keep sending a trusted friend potential candidates for them to pair for you, over and over, hoping to hit the 10% chance of a perfect RNG roll. - After: "Hey, anyone got a [Nature] [Gender] [Species]?" No RNG, no nothing, just one quick and easy trade which will automatically give you the full OT bonus effectively for free. I get it, you (and others) have put in a lot of work to get your breeding pairs. It sucks that that work "won't mean anything" with the update. And unless you already have the Nature paired, you're going to have to go get another breeding partner for the one you have. But it really is just one quick and easy trade, rather than a tiring fight against RNG for no good reason. This is a good thing; it will just take some adjusting to.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
InsaneMandii's AvatarInsaneMandii
arceus.pnga.png
I don't mean to sound rude but while it might make it easier in the long run I don't see how being so dissmissive of everyone who has multiple fields of pairs is good either. Some people would rather keep the pairs they have vs trying to make 2 new pairs since they more than likely won't like the pair after this update. Is there any way to lock the current pairs that are mixed natures to maybe compromise some?
Call me Mandii, I use she/her pronouns. Think we should re-look at special rates? Check here Pic by Thunderjaw, template by Moss Dragon, pfp info in journal, depends on image!
Made by Vandi
xXShadeXx's Avatarhypermode-12.pngxXShadeXx
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngc+.png
While it is true that the long-term benefits is way better because it'll be easy to pair up pokemon, which isn't really an issue. I'm happy that pairing will be easier compared to the system we have now. The problem is the amount of new pokemon we're gonna have to make that grind to level 50, or higher depending on the other pokemon, is just gonna be super obnoxious to do for dozens and dozens of pairs. Granted we don't have to do them all at once, we can just do it when we're closer to or going to hunt a specific pokemon, but still.
Leacky's Avatarhypermode-12.pngLeacky
hypermode.pngarceus.pnga+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

But it really is just one quick and easy trade
Yeah. FOR ONE PAIR! I have a couple HUNDREDS of them
EstherGamer's Avatarhypermode-12.pngEstherGamer
hypermode.pngmaster.pnge+.png

QUOTE originally posted by xXShadeXx

While it is true that the long-term benefits is way better because it'll be easy to pair up pokemon, which isn't really an issue. I'm happy that pairing will be easier compared to the system we have now. The problem is the amount of new pokemon we're gonna have to make that grind to level 50, or higher depending on the other pokemon, is just gonna be super obnoxious to do for dozens and dozens of pairs. Granted we don't have to do them all at once, we can just do it when we're closer to or going to hunt a specific pokemon, but still.
This. Luckily Snorunt/Froslass shouldn't be hard to have a friend find with a Calm nature to fix my pair that will definitely take a hit, but getting said Snorunt/Froslass back to level 100 is kind of another story. (At least I'm pretty sure that's the only pair I have that will be a real problem, I was able to find a potential Eevee pair in my collection of Way Too Many Eevee so that won't be too annoying)
Avatar is an edited version of Sky Forme Shaymin's portrait from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, edited by me. (Sprites by me)

Pages: 123··· 3233343536··· 484950

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page