PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123··· 3435363738··· 484950

impish.sei's Avatarhypermode-12.pngimpish.sei
booster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png

QUOTE originally posted by InsaneMandii

So basically everyone will now be forced to be a nature hunter to get the best possible pairs? That might be more beneficial for most of the site but there are some who really haven't wanted or cared enough to find a specific nature. I can't even name half the natures to be completely honest. I understand the need for balance and I understand making pairs will over all be easier but this is forcing me to play a certain way if I continue to hunt mons. That doesn't seem very pro play how you want to play imo.
Your pairs can still be over 100% without nature matching perfectly. You don't HAVE to do so to continue to hunt

Hatched Shinies

glitter glitter, shine so bright

Hatched Albinos

pastel power!

Hatched Melans

heart attack in a purple sparkle

Hatched Eggs

so many eggs.....
23969 pts .
InsaneMandii's AvatarInsaneMandii
arceus.pnga.png
I also said the best possible pairs but that seems to not count for anyone since I just personally don't like the change over all. I understand it will still be better than what I have but what I have now is 99% which is the best possible pairing for the current system. I want all of my pairs to be the best possible without having to have the same natures. I'm not saying scrap the entire update. I'm saying I don't like the fact I'm being forced to nature hunt for the best odds but I guess that doesn't matter.
Call me Mandii, I use she/her pronouns. Think we should re-look at special rates? Check here Pic by Thunderjaw, template by Moss Dragon, pfp info in journal, depends on image!
Made by Vandi
SoulWesson's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSoulWesson
booster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngb+.png

So basically everyone will now be forced to be a nature hunter to get the best possible pairs? That might be more beneficial for most of the site but there are some who really haven't wanted or cared enough to find a specific nature. I can't even name half the natures to be completely honest. I understand the need for balance and I understand making pairs will over all be easier but this is forcing me to play a certain way if I continue to hunt mons. That doesn't seem very pro play how you want to play imo.
You wouldn't be forced to be a nature hunter, exactly. Just that you'd have to be more mindful of the natures if you want the absolute bestest greatest pair EVAR. As it is right now, breeding becomes kind of mindless once you get that 99% pair, and if you don't use the Red Gig, you only gotta click, adopt, click, adopt, click, adopt. Granted, I do like the mindlessness, but that doesn't mean this change is completely awful, either. You can have countless pairs that aren't same-nature that still get a bit of a boost. I'm sure some can (or has) done the math on the % of pairs that only match in evo/species. It can't be absolutely abyssmal. And if you're a particular kind of serious about the game, this change is really good. If your way of playing doesn't line up with it, doesn't automatically make it a trash change. You don't have to be a Quirky hunter, or Naughty hunter, or Naive hunter, or whatever. You just have to do a little "puzzle" for the pair to get the absolute best. Edit: And there's also the fact you have to add Everstones to both parents to get the Nature-Hunting benefit.
Score: 2651
Badge by LycanKai
abingy's Avatarhypermode-12.pngabingy
hypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png

I also said the best possible pairs but that seems to not count for anyone since I just personally don't like the change over all. I understand it will still be better than what I have but what I have now is 99% which is the best possible pairing for the current system. I want all of my pairs to be the best possible without having to have the same natures. I'm not saying scrap the entire update. I'm saying I don't like the fact I'm being forced to nature hunt for the best odds but I guess that doesn't matter.
It's really not much different than the current pairing system, except you actually can know which mon will pair best with yours before testing it in the daycare, removing the guesswork
Trade Shop - Summons, S/A, Charm Rentals/Swaps, Egg Supplier Pass Rentals Credits
Avatar made by mewitti of deviantart. Free to use.
BedfastStun's AvatarBedfastStun
arceus.pngb.png
I didn't want to comment before now because even though I think I've read every message so far, I'm pretty lost lol, and I didn't know when a good time to throw my two cents out threre would be (or if the conversation even called for it). If anything I say sounds totally wrong, that's almost definitely my fault, as it was most likely something I misunderstood about an update or existing mechanic, so please feel free to correct me. I will say that pretty much all of this goes way over my head haha so as I was reading through it initially, I was a bit against some of the changes, even those that probably wouldn't have made any difference to me, as what I was reading sounded like nerfs, in my head. It wasn't until I started to see some example numbers posted by a few different users that I realised the updates would have the opposite effect to my understanding of them - so I just wanted to say a huge thanks to those that took the time to share the data with everyone, in my case it certainly helped me understand and it was very much appreciated! :) I think after reading through everything, all of the changes sound pretty good in my opinion, but in fairness, I don't necessarily use some of the systems being changed, so my thoughts on those aren't exactly valid. The only thing I'm not fully happy about is needing to redo pairs that aren't of the same nature (I think lol). I can 100% see how it will be a far better system for going forward so it definitely eases the blow, but only 5 out of my 68 pairs are of the same nature - I have nowhere near as many as other people need to amend but still a lot, which is disheartening for someone who doesn't tend to breed outside of pairs bought pre-made from shops (as I wouldn't want to have to 're-pay' for those pairs, as it were). Besides that, though I definitely like the sound of the updates announced! I didn't really have a point to begin with, just wanted to put my voice out there, so I don't know how to end the post but I will say thank you to the moderators and to Niet for the hard work and dedication. :) Edit: after looking at some of the replies posted whilst I typed this out, it seems that another thing I didn't understand is that pairs can still be 100% even if not the same nature (unless I also misunderstood those posts LOL). If that's the case then I honestly don't have any complaints about the update, as anything above 95% works for me. I can totally understand why others aren't 100% on board with it though.

Silly Little Yellow Bird Hunt

summon_gza.png × 17 / 500
Avatar is from an old UK Road Safety AD called "King of the Road"
Enbees's Avatarhypermode-12.pngEnbees
hypermode.pngarceus.pngc.png
Personally while the nature thing isn't my favorite idea, because I don't pay attention to natures when pair-making, and don't intend to, as long as I can still get 100% or more with slightly mismatched pairs, I'm happy. I know some people collect max pairs, which will be more difficult now, but myself, I wouldn't really care to do that, since with the new max %, it won't be as satisfying as 99% lol.
grass.png Current Type Race score = 4074 grass.png
Saving for hypermode!
93/600
All art by me.
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Enbees

I know some people collect max pairs, which will be more difficult now
I'm still struggling to understand this thought. Why is getting a specific Nature - which is both able to be influenced and can be reliably traded for if need be - harder than hitting an RNG value totally out of your control?
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
InsaneMandii's AvatarInsaneMandii
arceus.pnga.png
Because not everyone wants to find a specific nature, some players like the random nature hatches and don't want to control that aspect.
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png

Because not everyone wants to find a specific nature, some players like the random nature hatches and don't want to control that aspect.
Okay? But that doesn't make it harder. So I still don't follow.
I didn't even think about what someone said earlier; since you can now make the best possible pairs even with one Mon that has your OT, you can easily breed your own other parent if you want to make a pair for a Mon that isn't from your own, just pop an everstone on it and breed it with whatever Mon until you hatch one of its nature
Toby • He/Him • 20+ SHOPDEXINGBAIT SHOPHUBBY I'm a 20+ year old furry artist and future VTuber, I'm a trans man so please only use he/him pronouns for me! Above are links to my shop (check out if you see any mons in my UFT field), my thread for completing my Pokedex, my hutning bait shop, and to my husband who I love dearly <3! Pfp is by Keclo!

Pages: 123··· 3435363738··· 484950

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page